Anybody around Inverness, Alness, Tain ?

Graffiti

On 3/13/2017 at 17:44, fabdavrav said:

Bit late but no...I have a good idea how tho..

Darn,  Had it done yesterday lol   see I bought the press / puller tool and bearing in flange, but too many garages told me " oh no, you wont be able to do it yourself"     I explained that I do everything else myself but nah,  they said too difficult.

So as it's close to holiday time ( tomorrow ) and the car is booked in for a custom map down there I didnt want to get stuck half way through etc etc so I bottled it!!

Romms did it for me for £80.   was in for 2 hours on the ramp.   well chuffed. :)

Next time fabdav!!   

Now,  Here is a risky post.......

There is another black fabia vrs going around,  lowered etc   (  Nick it's not you )  

The wife had the baby in hers going to Inverness and whoever you are in said black vrs sat dangerously close before performing risky overtakes....Another member of the car scene also saw you over take 4 cars and a lorry in one go up to a blind corner.....

Folk are thinking it's me...... Pack it in.   I have black wheels people, this chap does not.  Not much info I know but a few people are pointing fingers at me.

This guy is dangerous on the roads.  If anyone catches a rough looking black fabia vrs driving like an absoloute tool then get his reg for me please.

Rant over.....

2 hours ago, Yaris said:

Running fine aye cheers. Bet yours feels fast. Is it an aggresive or progressive map? How's the MPG?

Its real smooth holding power all the way, mpg is too early to say. It is kinda mind blowing lol. I had no idea they could run like this..

when I'm back we can meet up and will take you out.   

Glad ad yours is running without issues

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 14:05, Yaris said:

Running fine aye cheers. Bet yours feels fast. Is it an aggresive or progressive map? How's the MPG?

70.01 mpg coming back up the road.  58-60 mpg cruising around...  

See when we went away, it was a mile long farm track to get to the cottage and I had just finished the coilovers.  Im not lowered all the way, 50mm maybe? But with my polybush gbox mount it shook the car to peices!!  1st gear 7-10 mph the whole way up track which led to a bridge with 12 inch deep pot holes in bit of road!  Could have cried each time lol

The track was weird, it was like driving over a mile long severe cattle grid.  So on the last day it started rattling from underneath.....  Got it home and the front jacked up. wondered if the droplinks even though brand new had goosed ( Mondeo ones mk 1 ) they seem tight  along with everything else.

Checking the rear today.    Sigh,  you get to the point where you have enough and fantasize about running a bailer that you can park wherever, thrash, and never change the oil lol.. Then a wee drive in it reminds me why I do it!!

Whats crack your end dude?  You loving the interior? My sparco's going in later :biggrin:

lol that sounds a painful drive. Air suspension time :D

Aye the leather is good, nice to slide in and out of the car. Haven't plugged the tuning box back in, as it will eat what's left of the 140k clutch in no time.

MOT time in 2 weeks, should be OK, just need to replace a cracked foglight, although i'm sure thats an advisory? Plus change the oil. Would prefer to do that myself but I don't have the tools or the space

1 hour ago, Yaris said:

lol that sounds a painful drive. Air suspension time :D

Aye the leather is good, nice to slide in and out of the car. Haven't plugged the tuning box back in, as it will eat what's left of the 140k clutch in no time.

MOT time in 2 weeks, should be OK, just need to replace a cracked foglight, although i'm sure thats an advisory? Plus change the oil. Would prefer to do that myself but I don't have the tools or the space

Fog is advisory, Cant mind if bumper has to come off to do fog. I dont think so... easy job anyhow.  You want to use my tools next weekend??  Jack, axle stands, sockets etc ?    I just did my gbox oil, best thing ever lol

Let me know if u want tools

I've read the bumper has to come off, which with my T-rex arms, would be a 2 man job?  Sounds easy?  Sounds like you're the man for the job!  That would be grand mate, much appreciated. Which gbox oil did you use?  

I'm free next weekend, if you're happy to give me a hand, i'll chuck some beer tokens your way :beer:

Exact same stuff I used for mine recently. Can be a bit stiff on cold mornings if I don't go through the gears on idle, but it's always sweet as a nut when it's warm. The previous oil was from 2004, finding gears was a bit like stirring porridge

Edited by Yaris

17 hours ago, Yaris said:

Off Friday mate

I see, part time eh..... Some of us work full time to put bread and hybrid turbo's on the table.......

Im off tomorrow too bud lol. Got my wee man.  Catch you saturday.  Mind fuel filter if you aint done it a while.

8 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

What about us that are semi retired....:tongueout:

No excuse for that...... Full time all the way to the wooden box if you ask me..  yup,  work em hard to look after us beautiful youngsters.  And stay away from Honda Jazz's !! :D

2 hours ago, Graffiti said:

And stay away from Honda Jazz's !! :D

I do don't worry, VAG all the way.....mind you I was accused of being an old man when I had my Polo SE with the 16v bodykit ....just haters...