Anybody around Inverness, Alness, Tain ?

Graffiti

21 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

I do don't worry, VAG all the way.....mind you I was accused of being an old man when I had my Polo SE with the 16v bodykit ....just haters...

I have haters to lol....but reckon it's more jealousy..    So what you do with your time being semi retired?  

10 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

I have haters to lol....but reckon it's more jealousy..    So what you do with your time being semi retired?  

Know what you mean...

Since I close my business I've had court cases to deal with my father who lived in London died & had to sort a huge heap of problems out, stupid solicitors, so called friends trying to rip money of "him", building projects at home at the moment...& various other stuff...so not so quiet!

1 hour ago, fabdavrav said:

Know what you mean...

Since I close my business I've had court cases to deal with my father who lived in London died & had to sort a huge heap of problems out, stupid solicitors, so called friends trying to rip money of "him", building projects at home at the moment...& various other stuff...so not so quiet!

Not good.  I tried to talk with my parents and sisters who i havnt spoke with for 20 years.... My sisters thought i was in touch for money from when my old man go's... Its like its been 20 years and you talk money instantly?? Talk about who gets what and i threaten that?!

Wont be trying contact again thats for sure.

So I feel your pain!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graffiti said:

You know what, we should get a meet going at some point......... Maybe even a barbecue somewhere?  

Sounds a good idea, so long as not in a midge fest area....

On 4/7/2017 at 12:51, Graffiti said:

You know what, we should get a meet going at some point......... Maybe even a barbecue somewhere?  

a meet sounds good ... im planning nc500 in summer ?? applecross campsite be good !

13 hours ago, benbissett93 said:

a meet sounds good ... im planning nc500 in summer ?? applecross campsite be good !

Aye applecross is cool, stunning road over the pass!

Two boys who live down the valley bought caterhams just for that mountain road... 

3 hours ago, Graffiti said:

Oi Yaris!!  Has it blown up yet?  Or bumper fell off? ?  

I put too much engine oil in, the whole 5L tub, instead of the 4.5L capacity. So waiting for the postie to deliver a hand pump i ordered from Amazon, to syphone half a litre via the dipstick. My fault for assuming and not checking. Car is running fine but I don't want to risk anything.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yaris said:

Hmmm,  maybe go buy a 19mm spanner and let 0.5 out. If its high up dipstick a diesel can turn oil in to fuel and rev out.  So if it does do it chuck it in 6th and dump the clutch to stall it! 

I wasnt paying too much attention to you putting oil in...   Next time,  we can let the wife do it :biggrin:.

Folks someone I know is bought some mk 3 fabia wind deflectors, a full kit.  Theres is a 5J though (mk2) so wont fit.

They are trying to give them away ....

So anybody with a mk3 furby about?  

On the off chance one of the Highland boys reads this who has a fault code reader capable of resetting an Airbag warning light.... 

Took seats out to trial  fit sparco's then drove without passenger seat in, this flagged airbag light on. put seat back in and airbag light need's reset...

It's all a learning curve lol  but a risky one as my mot is due end of next month and airbag light is a fail :sweat:   So if anybody can help oot can you give me a shout ? 

I will make a contribution of course.

Over and out

1 hour ago, Graffiti said:

On the off chance one of the Highland boys reads this who has a fault code reader capable of resetting an Airbag warning light.... 

Will VCDS do?...

:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

Pretty sure you need the full fat registered version to clear airbag lights ... not sure what you have?

Its the cable from Ross-tech and there vcds free software, it does say airbag stuff on it but I can't get the cable to link up to the software.... Like the communication port bits say the cable is recognised but the vcds can't find it when linking to the com port.

i have a genius popping over tonight, I will see if he can get it working (if he doesn't mind). But yeah, it did say on the vcds I have about Airbags....... I think

wish I'd never removed the seat!  

Thanks for your time fella's

Edited by Graffiti
Polishing up

Having had VCDS for many years, you need to remove the cable from the laptop before you download the software on the laptop, then run the software & then plug the cable into the laptop, then it should register the cable. The go to the car & plug the cable in the laptop & car, turn ignition ON (not engine run) & VCDS will recognise the car..

5 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

Having had VCDS for many years, you need to remove the cable from the laptop before you download the software on the laptop, then run the software & then plug the cable into the laptop, then it should register the cable. The go to the car & plug the cable in the laptop & car, turn ignition ON (not engine run) & VCDS will recognise the car..

Right,  will give this a go and uninstall the cable and start again.  Thanks for that.  I will update with progress later or tomorrow.   If you see low flying aircraft around inverness and cromarty ...... It didn't go well....

have a good afternoon ... Wife says it's time I put the marigolds on so will speak later. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Yaris said:

I have one of these, reads & clears codes Pumpkin Mini Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 II Car Scanner Adapter Wireless Scan Tool ELM 327 Torque Auto Diagnostic Code Reader Tester for Android Windows Apple https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWE21UQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_flMkhuefsagJO

Having no luck with mine!    Will drop you a message in a bit ;)

All sorted.... Needed to be a beefy bit of equipment.  Got a snap on type tool to clear Airbag light. 

Vcds would have done it, I went on to purchase full version and had a hernia , need to save a little first ... 

So thanks to all the above and fabdav for saying you had vcds etc  ..

speak soon

40 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

All sorted.... Needed to be a beefy bit of equipment.  Got a snap on type tool to clear Airbag light. 

Vcds would have done it, I went on to purchase full version and had a hernia , need to save a little first ... 

So thanks to all the above and fabdav for saying you had vcds etc  ..

speak soon

VCDS has always been expensive...mind you it is way cheaper than the £2K plus for the VAG tools which this does the same (almost).

I bought my VCDS 5yrs ago? I have got my money back on it....& helped quite a few other people on here & who live near me for "beer tokens".

dealer scan cheapest is £50....not many of those required to buy VCDS..

True, although for anyone wanting to use it on more than 10 cars the price has gone up (since the HEX+CAN has been replaced) the ‘flagship’ HEX-NET is £575! 

But for those wanting to use it purely on their own cars (maximum of three) it’s still the same price as when it was introduced @ £225.