Mk1 & 2 Raleigh mini burner project

Nickiejay1991

http://bmx.transworld.net/features/introducing-pilgrim-bmx-scottish-john-buultjens-interview

I have copies of 'Pilgrim' which was street riding filmed in Dundee in the 1990's packed away some place safe,

i must try to find them.

There was some amazing stuff being done & great riders back then.

http://archive.dundeeconcrete.com/blog/2008/03/11/120612.html

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

This thread is amazing!

I binned my old "Raleigh Super Tough Burner" frame a few years back. Didn't realise they were so desireable.
Same with my damaged but usable Skyway II plastic mag wheels.

Still got my Raleigh Chopper but that needs to get sold now as it's looking very sorry for itself.

This thread is amazing!

I binned my old "Raleigh Super Tough Burner" frame a few years back. Didn't realise they were so desireable.

Same with my damaged but usable Skyway II plastic mag wheels.

Still got my Raleigh Chopper but that needs to get sold now as it's looking very sorry for itself.

Theyv gone up price a lot if you look on eBay or the Raleigh page on Facebook, everyone seems to want them now loads are restoring back to original.

What's the chopper like any photos I wouldn't mind making a chopper as a team burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pictures to hand at the moment but chrome is all rusty all over and paintwork is chipped and faded (sat for years in my leaking shed) nothing is seized or too far gone to recover to be honest but would need a full rebuild ideally. I used to cycle it as a kid then couldn't bear to sell it later in life. Wish i did when it was still in it's prime,

• Like 1

No pictures to hand at the moment but chrome is all rusty all over and paintwork is chipped and faded (sat for years in my leaking shed) nothing is seized or too far gone to recover to be honest but would need a full rebuild ideally. I used to cycle it as a kid then couldn't bear to sell it later in life. Wish i did when it was still in it's prime,

I bet a good wash and then tin foil and water on the chrome it would come up.

Would you consider selling it?

Few silly things and corrections done today after work. New polished seat post, seat clamp, also replaced the "R" decal on the seat tube as it was backwards

321ED915-27C5-4E58-82A0-353A400FA52A_zps

Edited by Nickiejay1991

Done finished the last little bits :) I'm happy with the end result. Although I'm not looking for a seat and a pad set.

No it's not perfect but I'm very happy how it turned out now to move onto my mk2 style

1204A5A8-F84B-424A-BA35-2559860AFB32_zps

FF46B64A-E66C-427A-909F-CA249C98D5CE_zps

4EDB5455-FD8E-4456-A9A6-C6748E24A7DE_zps

CE0C2947-1C59-40FF-8F92-444FF9D798EB_zps

B322765E-95AE-4201-8358-83FC4E0EAEC3_zps

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any others interested in BMX's riding or restoring, the member seems not to have been on here for a year.

This Film & story might of particular interest some that were riding in the UK back in the 70's / 80's.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42366103 

Edited by AwaoffSki