Mk1 & 2 Raleigh mini burner project

Nickiejay1991

Hey guys and girls, so I thought I'd do something a little different. I'm building 2 mini Raleigh burners one for my boy and one for my niece. Parts are hard to find so bare with me.

So far I bought the two frames I need ones a early 85 mk1 mini, the other is a mk2 mini burner I haven't received it yet so don't know the date.

Here a few photos of the frames I have atm.

Mk1

38A88C26-9DB6-4919-8372-9B409713CC46_zps

28E29990-A1DC-440A-B0CB-61EEC88AB8B9_zps

Mk2 mini

95204513-2C5C-4BF1-8055-06C4FF5B6CF9_zps

That's all I have of the mk2 untill it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

ermahgerd :o
I got a Raleigh Night Burner for Xmas in about '83 or '84. I was lucky enough to get bought the official Raleigh BMX gear too by my grandparents.
I thought I was the mutts nuts until I fell off the wall at Lodge Pool lake in icy cold water :D
Dad retrieved the bike and cleaned it up and so began my short career as a 'BMX'er' (about one summer at the BMX track near Halfords in Redditch)
Riders ready, pedals steady, GO!

Good luck with the resto :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjT1p2pKEts

• Like 1

ermahgerd :o

I got a Raleigh Night Burner for Xmas in about '83 or '84. I was lucky enough to get bought the official Raleigh BMX gear too by my grandparents.

I thought I was the mutts nuts until I fell off the wall at Lodge Pool lake in icy cold water :D

Dad retrieved the bike and cleaned it up and so began my short career as a 'BMX'er' (about one summer at the BMX track near Halfords in Redditch)

Riders ready, pedals steady, GO!

Good luck with the resto :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjT1p2pKEts

Wow by any chance do you still have the bike, I would have loved to be around them days so see all the cool bikes ect but sadly I'm only 25 the both bikes are older than me.

Thanks I will try and do my best on the build.

Some great racing was that you

• Like 1

Wow by any chance do you still have the bike, I would have loved to be around them days so see all the cool bikes ect but sadly I'm only 25 the both bikes are older than me.

Thanks I will try and do my best on the build.

Some great racing was that you

No, not me but possibly a few schoolmates in there. Raleigh were OK back then but I wanted a Diamond Back or a Pro Star. I ended up with a Pro Star with ultra light five spoke mags lol.
  • Like 1

November not me but possibly a few schoolmates in there. Raleigh were OK back then but I wanted a Diamond Back or a Pro Star. I ended up with a Pro Star with ultra light five spoke mags lol.

Still looks great fun. They don't do nothing like that now, I'd love to have a skyway or haro freestyler

• Like 1

Because the kids aren't interested these days. Too busy on their iPads, and parents are too willing to let them as well.

That's true that is, hopefully my boy will turn to love his old bmx too

They do do stuff very much like that still.

Actually use of a computer will show you who and where very easily....

• Like 1

They do do stuff very much like that still.

Actually use of a computer will show you who and where very easily....

Actually haven't even looked tbh, they used to be loud where I am now but it's gone dead quiet

Good luck with the build, I was mad into BMX when I was young, rode for a local bike shop and was part sponsored by Curtis bikes but rode a PK ripper most of the time....Many happy memories and broken bones...happy days :)

k:)

• Like 1

Good luck with the build, I was mad into BMX when I was young, rode for a local bike shop and was part sponsored by Curtis bikes but rode a PK ripper most of the time....Many happy memories and broken bones...happy days :)

k:)

Wow fair play on you man bet that was a good experience in the day like :) any photos of your old bikes ect

No photos i'm afraid :( My Ma was a prolific thrower outa of everything personal....strange though that my Curtis frame and forks managed to survive in her old coal shed up 'til only a few years ago.

Have often thought about doing a bmx rebuild project myself...keep us updated on your progress :)

• Like 1

No photos i'm afraid :( My Ma was a prolific thrower outa of everything personal....strange though that my Curtis frame and forks managed to survive in her old coal shed up 'til only a few years ago.

Have often thought about doing a bmx rebuild project myself...keep us updated on your progress :)

That's gutting mate would have been great to have a survivor to start on, you should make another one its way to addictive though can spend a small fortune