David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

Yeah that'll be on the to do list for when the money comea in, I expect to be looking at £3000 for a conversion? Does that sound right? Lol I really haven't a clue!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haha, probably cheaper to just drop a 1.4tsi engine in there :)

• Like 1

Car parts arrived today, I was hoping one part would be on before bedford, but seeing as I need 4 holes drilling into the spare wheel well, I'll have to get Updown to give me a hand with this and he's not free this week

Also, old wheels back on ready for new brakes tomorrow and I'm going to use these on track next Monday so, this'll give me a week to run the new brakes and tyres in, Updown has explained it a million times but, it still hurts my head, something to do with the offset causing the Snowflakes to rub on the caliper once the brakes have been changed, anyway have pictures

84c5c1336f3ad1de0a6653514b0dd22d.jpg

Started raining so I nipped to castlepoint to do the last 3 wheels

59dec9a19ceb39653611e52ce8c62978.jpg

Edited by Hyphons

Not to everyone's taste or opinion, but at the end of the day it is my car, if the car was bog standard I'd be dammed if I stuck this badge on, but seeing as it's now 4 seconds quicker to 60 over the stock 60ps and 2 seconds quicker to the stock 75ps model I think it's acceptable, there's nothing wrong in my eyes of sticking a VRs badge or R badge or GTI badge on a car that's actually had performance mods done to it, on a bone stock car I can see it being a problem.

For now though I'm pleased with this, I've gone for the old style as the new style has been done before, just awaiting the front to arrive now

96b533363ff153c6f2bc46bc126565d3.jpg

a12b2860db9c456dc13968c4affe8e08.jpg

• Like 3

Yep, where you see the MPI lettering is the filter box

Oh cool, could you remove it and replace it with an enclosed filter? Help with the cold air feed?

I guess it's showing the skoda Motorsport side of things, so crack on :) is the Monte Carlo front bumper sportier looking?

Not different really, the only difference between the Monte and the Sport is shiny parts, so the Splitter and Diffuser is gloss black on the Monte opposed to the plastic on the Sport, but I prefer the plastic, easier to keep clean, doesn't matter about stone chips and scraping it

I think it looks great, you've created a one off, like my Yeti R project :)

Thanks Darrell :) 

• Like 1

Looks OK to me but as you know "Haters gonna hate"

When I put Skoda Motorsport on my Citigo that got slated but DILLIGAF!

If you like that's good enough.

Respect [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why the change of wheels David, I saw on FB you changed them back.

Dan's explained it to me a few times but I still can't get my head around it, something about the offset of the new discs or pads causing the Snowflakes to hit the caliper when the new brakes are on, put the old ones back on to fit the new brakes and also got some new wheels on those tyres I need to run in before bedford gt next Monday

Because the pads are thicker been new the sliding caliper will be closer to the wheel. Once the pad wears down a little it'll move back towards the hub.

Because the pads are thicker been new the sliding caliper will be closer to the wheel. Once the pad wears down a little it'll move back towards the hub.

That's what I thought too! Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Updown seemed to think it wasn't this? I really don't know :D

I just can't see how the flakes fitted on mine fine with new discs and pads with no spacers yet foul on yours. You just need some thinner front spacers now ao you can put the flakes bck on

We'll see what happens on Saturday and if I can get the flakes on without the spacers or not [emoji106]

Jesus Mary Joseph, after cursing, swearing, cursing a bit more, stabbing my finger, I finally got my towing strap fitted

199a7fe974a5aa0dfcc5e308ff4619e6.jpg

Because racecar

This was the only towing strap I could find because of the specifications of the OEM one, being left hand thread and M16 it was hard to find one that would fit

At least this gives the benefit of not needing to take the towing eye in and out on track days and is also a lot lighter than the OEM one

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 2

Bedford here we come ;)

Driven a few miles on them and they feel pretty solid, should be better once bedded in and hopefully can outbreak some people on track, going to absolutely thrash it this time round as I have spare tyres to go home on :)

• Like 3

Not to everyone's taste or opinion, but at the end of the day it is my car, if the car was bog standard I'd be dammed if I stuck this badge on, but seeing as it's now 4 seconds quicker to 60 over the stock 60ps and 2 seconds quicker to the stock 75ps model I think it's acceptable, there's nothing wrong in my eyes of sticking a VRs badge or R badge or GTI badge on a car that's actually had performance mods done to it, on a bone stock car I can see it being a problem.

For now though I'm pleased with this, I've gone for the old style as the new style has been done before, just awaiting the front to arrive now

96b533363ff153c6f2bc46bc126565d3.jpg

a12b2860db9c456dc13968c4affe8e08.jpg

If we could remove all the R badges on our Golf, we would!

Q? Why did you remove the rear wiper, not much rain in Dorset?

' Tis a nice little motor though, a bit too small for us oldies, but very nice............

DC

• Like 1