David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced the tow strap today, had limited options but managed to find a pretty decent one that also stated on the site it was MSA approved, looks pretty solid so if I ever need yanking off track it should do the job. Only downside is the webbing is much longer than the old one, so I can't tuck it out of sight, best I could do was cable tie it over itself, but didn't have any black cable ties.

20170722_170625.jpg

Edited by Hyphons

• 3 weeks later...

I've had another look over the car today, knocks when turning side to side but it can't be steering rack as it doesn't make the same noises off the floor, in fact it makes no noise off the floor at all, only when there's load on the front end, only sign I can see of anything being unnormal is the grease on the inner drivers CV boot, so it's booked in Monday morning for a diagnosis and replacement driveshaft if need be, as may as well replace it all whilst it's off

Looks like the knocking is here to stay, it's being caused by the top mounts, kinda adds up, transitioning left to right changes where the sound comes from, also up in the air with no weight over the front there's no noise either. When you Google about Poly top mount knocking it seems a common thing.

15 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

It shouldn't knock though? Surely they're either knackered or they're not tight enough.

Were they done up with a proper windy gun?

Brand new shocks so shouldn't be knackered already, I would imagine that if it was because something isn't tight it would be pretty obvious? Plenty have mentioned similar problems, top mounts are from a Golf as well and not a Citigo, but they are exactly same, also the only Citigo as far as I am aware that runs poly top mounts, so no other car to compare too. I'll find out what they said it was when I get home.

40 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

Indeed I normally gun them up off the floor then again when under it's own weight to make sure 

It's difficult to get a gun on these, you need to hold an Alan key to stop the strut from spinning whilst doing them up, there's 2 nuts, one to hold the spring, one to attach to strut tower at the top, the one holding the spring was gunned @Updown789 did the work, so we can blame him :D 

20 hours ago, Hyphons said:

It's difficult to get a gun on these, you need to hold an Alan key to stop the strut from spinning whilst doing them up, there's 2 nuts, one to hold the spring, one to attach to strut tower at the top, the one holding the spring was gunned @Updown789 did the work, so we can blame him :D 

@Updown789, you need to have a word with David's mum about this attitude, he's totally ungrateful and it's time something is done about it!

On 7/22/2017 at 17:11, Hyphons said:

Replaced the loser strap today, had limited options but managed to find a pretty decent one that also stated on the site it was MSA approved, my penis looks pretty solid so if I ever need yanking off I'm sure a friend will be there for me and give me a quick blow  job. Only downside is the webbing is much longer than the old one, so I can't tuck my willy out of site, best I could do was cable tie it over itself, but didn't have any black cable ties and I wasn't up for that sort of deviance.

20170722_170625.jpg

Dirty git. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2017 at 00:15, GJJ said:

Car is looking wicked.

where did you get the intake from?

eBay :) standard intake duct from there and the intake from radioworld, hacked up to fit under the bonnet.

Big update today, wheels changed from the Snowflakes to Ultralite F1 wheels

IMG_20170909_120500_301.thumb.jpg.f88db081e266208a11ce761fdb4a6a6d.jpg

Also had a steady flow of parts arriving for the brakes, including these..

IMG_20170906_183343_562.thumb.jpg.f57d096c83783be68a36fd7910bf39ad.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2017 at 16:41, GJJ said:

I currently own a citigo sport, and unsure whether to modify it.

Can you give me the best performance and aesthetic mods from your experience? Or would you recommend to leave standard. 

Only just spotted this, modifying it is entirely up to you, it depends how long you plan on keeping the car etc. there is lots of small mods you can do that can often make big changes, the interior light upgrade, led DRL bulbs, the cherry centre console and so on

Brake upgrade part 2 thanks to the help of @andsoutham

Grooved discs and EBC yellow, along with a brake fluid flush as the brakes had a bit of a moment at Cadwell and it was due in a few thousand miles anyway.  

IMG_20171001_195712_627.thumb.jpg.19307b58e023dda4206f22c3a88ac35c.jpg

The clearance between the caliper and the wheel is ridiculous, I could get a sheet of paper between the gap and no more.. 

20171001_161237.thumb.jpg.7d13b846b2148c7bcec64fbe8ea1bb7a.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...