David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

Well done David!

It's come along way and you've done very well so far. It's been a pleasure where I've helped you to make your car how you want it.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well done David!

It's come along way and you've done very well so far. It's been a pleasure where I've helped you to make your car how you want it.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair it all started with you when you changed my headlamp bulbs :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking great, nice to see it all together like this to show the progress.

As a thought for your grille, could you fit honeycomb mesh?

Possibly yeah, but I don't think it could work due to the bottom grille being slatted like the above grille and part of that grille isn't slatted to keep the alternator protected from damage etc.

Ah fair enough, could do that to match too :D

Potentially yes, but would definitely need something to protect the alternator

Great thread but I was hoping to read of a 2.0 engine being dropped in!! :D

Haha! Not yet, one day though, one day

Messed around with the intake pipe AGAIN

Turns out it was getting rather toasty under there so, to keep the air as cool as possible for as long as possible I wrapped some exhaust heat wrap around the intake pipe, I didn't use enough so naturally used a jubilee clamp to clamp 2 pieces together and sort of used metal zip ties to hold the 2 ends in place, I might revise this one day but it's practical for now

This'll also stop the plastic intake rubbing on some of the parts of the engine and causing wear and tear, I also had to put a small amount around one of the brake lines just to prevent the jubilee clip rubbing through the pipe. I think it's going to hold up pretty well for now, will monitor it tomorrow when I pop up to Heathrow.

af7c404b61c888dafdb0e663664b2159.jpg

Got to protect that brake line :o

a3f136d582954bc610d575b23aa33f55.jpg

I didn't think you would last long without a thread :giggle:

Glad you've ditched the old one and started a new one. I can keep up now [emoji14]

Keep it coming, coming along nicely B)

Cheers Jars

Note to self - wear gloves when handling heat wrap :D

Think I preferred your original wheels, being black they seemed to give it a lower look. Think it must be the silver in the middle playing tricks.

Lots of effort put in there :)

You say it has had a stage 1 remap have you any figures since to see what gains it has given?

Edited by Defenderben

Think I preferred your original wheels, being black they seemed to give it a lower look. Think it must be the silver in the middle playing tricks.

Lots of effort put in there :)

You say it has had a stage 1 remap have you any figures since to see what gains it has given?

Not as of yet no, I had it on a rolling road last year at JKM in Portsmouth, Lee01 organised it, the car standard was 78bhp, so maybe all the cars leave the factory as a 75ps model and the difference is merely how it's delivered? Either way if I put it on another rolling road this year and if it's less than that I'm going to cry :D

• Like 1

Cars booked in on the 25th to have an exhaust done, full system, so 200 cpi Catalytic Converter and smaller silencer and 2" (may have been 2 1/2" can't remember though) pipe all the way through

• Like 2

Not looked into a supercharger conversion yet? They used to do one for the Fiat Cinquichento, turned the car into a weapon ;)

Yeah that'll be on the to do list for when the money comea in, I expect to be looking at £3000 for a conversion? Does that sound right? Lol I really haven't a clue!

• Like 1