David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

Love it!

Sounds like a V6 

Whether I could live with it all the time I don't know.

Do like it though

Its actually surprisingly quiet in town as long as you stick to 30, anything above or below that it can be noisy :D

• Like 1

Found the engine is a hell of a lot colder! Just been for an enthusiastic drive in the country, popped the bonnet and the filter box was cold to the touch, where as beforehand it would've been hot to the touch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds great :) have you thought about getting a removable decat made on v bands then you could put it in and out for track days, that's how one of my silencers is so its only two bolts to remove or refit

I think decatted will be too loud.. as it is its around 80 - 90 dB and cruising at motorway speeds the revs are around 3k - 4k rpm which is hear bursting lol

Any build pics from it going on? what made you go with Magnaflow components parts over say Milltek? Sounds good by the way, I'm to old to live with it on a daily basis though :(

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Any build pics from it going on?

Yeah should be a video being done of a before after and then pics of the system before and after, shall link when they've done it

If it's too loud your too old lol

Don't remind me :rofl:

• Like 1

Any build pics from it going on? what made you go with Magnaflow components parts over say Milltek? Sounds good by the way, I'm to old to live with it on a daily basis though :(

Just seen about using magnaflow parts

Militek HQ are 3 hours away, there's no bolt on system made yet for the Up! Mii or Citigo that is manifold back, there are a few cat back systems lying about the place that are bolt on, and I could've got a cat back powerflow exhaust for probably just over £300

I did spend a while looking at exhausts for a while it was a powerflow I was looking at, I stumbled upon Profusuon Customs by chance and thought I would send an email asking the question of if it can be done or not as they are about an hour and a half away from me and London Central was an hour from them via the underground, so I could spend the day whilst they had the car

I was originally quoted £770 for a full system catalytic converter included, damn expensive but I think you get what you pay for and a £300 exhaust would be in my opinion cheap and not have a purpose other than to make noise, my main goal with getting the exhaust was for more power

That quote wasn't necessarily 100% as they weren't sure if they'd even be able to get to the cat (I was confident they could and I was right)

Turns out though because where the cat was it would actually cost more than the original quote (dare I say how much more?) which was down to the work required to do it, how it was done in the end was like the following:

From the manifold you have a flange, from the flange a precat lambda sensor, then you cut the old exhaust off from there, everything back from that first precat lambda sensor is all new, new flexi pipe, new silencer new cat, a lot of work basically and I think the price I paid in the end was worth it

I just need to service the car now, new oil, new spark plugs and upgrade the brake fluid to ATE super blue as I boiled the brakes a bit at Bedford as they felt spongy after the day, then I'll go for another 0 - 60 run and hope I've reached the magic number of 9 seconds, if I have knocked another second off the 0 - 60 time of 10.7 I'll be happy

• Like 2

Really hoping I see this Citigo about to be honest! Looks mental, must be about as much fun as driving an Austin Mini (which is pretty fun)!

You'll usually find me lurking more in Bournemouth around Holdernhurst Road where I work :hi: but I shall keep my eyes peeled

• Like 1

You'll usually find me lurking more in Bournemouth around Holdernhurst Road where I work :hi: but I shall keep my eyes peeled

I'm constantly between Poole and Bournemouth so the chances are pretty high, never realised there were so many Briskoda members lurking around here.

• Like 1

I'm constantly between Poole and Bournemouth so the chances are pretty high, never realised there were so many Briskoda members lurking around here.

I commented on your post about saying bye to Skoda, that meet mentioned there's a good 20 odd people who regularly turn up :)

• Like 1

I thought it used to be Hyphons and me that were local. Now there's more in the area which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1