David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

Snowflakes are finally back on but not without a fight, they still don't clear the caliper but they do at least move now unlike before where they were jammed solid up against the caliper

74bd7114b602f9d605f07d2b87f6a388.jpg

And before you ask why I've left them on if they don't clear the caliper, I've put 15mm spacers on just to space them away which has worked, I don't want spacers so I will be regularly checking the clearance until hopefully the spacers can come off

981cd734cf8c3e2d5c20aeaac711de07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Snowflakes are finally back on but not without a fight, they still don't clear the caliper but they do at least move now unlike before where they were jammed solid up against the caliper

74bd7114b602f9d605f07d2b87f6a388.jpg

And before you ask why I've left them on if they don't clear the caliper, I've put 15mm spacers on just to space them away which has worked, I don't want spacers so I will be regularly checking the clearance until hopefully the spacers can come off

Seriously Dave, looking at that if that's all it's catching y just get a grinder and take a 1-2 mm slither off the caliper.

• Like 1

Gave the car a service today with thanks to Updown

New oil (quantum longlife 3) and oil filter

6f4d7fe9e99c07333ffefc372fb68e5a.jpg

New pollen filter

394c5334b31a5031f26287082a94253f.jpg

New spark plugs

a4ec132dad6ca146a8634c1af509d720.jpg

Car feels a lot better to drive now and that was with the weight of a jack in the front of the car!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news, I did a 0 - 60 run the other day, rear seats out + the spare wheel to lose 16 kilo's (not including the seats weight) around 10 seconds to 60, so close to under the 10 second mark, but I have my goal, according Parkers, the new TSI Up! 0 - 60 figure is 9.6 seconds, so I have a plan and a goal, to get it to 9.6 seconds to 60 or one better under that, how that will happen is beyond me, I think the next plan to get the car up to speed quicker is a custom lightweight flywheel (currently weighing up if this can be done so this will be done soon hopefully) and then a custom clutch to hopefully last longer. Even though the car revs to 6200 rpm, it's slow, I'm hoping the flywheel will rectify this so I can get the car up to speed quicker, I also plan on at some point removing the AC pump to shed some more weight, plus relocate the battery and then put in place a new enclosed cone filter so that's not directly above the engine which in turn will hopefully allow for more cooler air to reach the engine, this intake will also have a cold feed coming from outside, although the washer fluid reservoir may need to be relocated to allow a pipe to come up from the passenger fog. The Up! specs are here -  http://www.parkers.co.uk/volkswagen/up/hatchback-2012/high-up-10-tsi-90ps-3d/specs/

Sounds great David.

Maybe you could boost this engine? Or put in a tai engine. Will be cheaper in the long run. Then you can truly say you have a vrs :D

I take it you meant TSI :D I do plan on boosting this engine at some point with a supercharger, although that would be the easier option.. really not sure if it could work, for one I'm not sure the supercharger would fit given where it'd need to be, that and replacing the spark plugs/ coil packs would be a right task as the supercharger would be in the way.. so many things to think about really, if I turbo charged the car, would the engine be put under to much stress? Would it be more cost effective for a new engine? No idea tbh

Just wait for a cat c/d shouldn't be long before some youth writes one off

The temptation is there.. I'd like to get some miles on the car before I consider that though, I probably would scrap the current engine if a engine swap were to happen.. and even then I wouldn't just leave it there, I'd take into consideration a remap, larger turbo and whatever else can be done..

Yes tai engine. Surely there must be Fabias/ roomsters that have been written off

Highly likely yes, but actually the Up! engine or the Polo engine would be a straight swap in theory, I highly doubt Volkswagen would change the whole way an engine fits in a bay when there's already an engine that's been in there for years, when the 90ps is released I'll see if I can have a good nosy at one