David's Citigo 2.0

Hyphons

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good David...  :clap:

I'm finally back from my 'Summer working touring' in the US and you have done loads.

I have a pile of parts to fit, but first the car is booked in for warranty work, and the bad weather is on its way, oh well, must update my thread.

Good job though, thats impressive. 

Edited by OneFourSevenNine
  • Like 1

Update -

Oil Temp sensor wired up and working, obviously the car hasn't got one from factory with it being a City car but it's a nice thing to have so you can keep an eye on things, it seems to stick at 80 - 90 once it's all got up to temperature, will be keen to see what happens on track

c4ff75eed429b50ecafd0a0081fa9695.jpg

81225e759c1e2e9e5d46376a31ad2580.jpg

659aecb153abdab9749dba7324cee396.jpg

Thanks to Updown for his electrical knowledge

• Like 3

Hey hyphons, love your citigo, do you still have the original alloys? Would you sell them? :)

I do indeed, they're 4x100 though? I may sell in the future but for the moment they're my winters, the respray job on them is poor too, has some runs in the paint and a couple of wheels are kerbed

I do indeed, they're 4x100 though? I may sell in the future but for the moment they're my winters, the respray job on them is poor too, has some runs in the paint and a couple of wheels are kerbed

Yeah that's exactly what I'm after. If you want to sell any time soon please let me know. Need a set of citigo wheels :)

• 4 weeks later...
Some dyno results, wasn't too sure on whether to post these or not, I wasn't overly happy with the increase over last year (given others have claimed to get 85+ although I haven't seen evidence of this myself, but that's not to say it's not true)

Some nerd stats for you if you wish to read - 

Last year's results -

Max Torque (fFt Lb)  - 96 (130 nm) @ 2940 - 3030 RPM

Max Power (HP) - 77.8 (58.0 kw) @ 5090 - 5370 RPM

This years results -

Max Torque (fFt Lb)  - 96 (130 nm) @ 3680 RPM

Max Power (HP) - 81.9 (61.0 kw) @ 5000 - 5500 RPM

Differences (last year vs. this) -

Torque (fFt Lb) - NIL 

Power (HP) - 4.1 (3 kw)

Not huge differences over all, the remap has done something at least, given max hp kicks in sooner and continues for longer, with the dyno results to hand, I'll probably go for a 0 - 60 run at some point using a GPS app to try and keep it accurate as the speedometer's are usually 5 mph out. It's useful to have the graph as it let's me know that anything over 5300 is really just noise, so optimum gear changes will be around 5000 - 5500 rpm.

2017 Edit - Something funky went on with the forum, so I'm assuming there was photos attached to this, but they have all since disappeared, at some point I'll add these back in as and when I find them!

Edited by Hyphons

Hmm, with what you have done, I'd be questioning the original one rather than the new one. Was the first one done when stock?

That it was, but after yesterday I don't care about the figures, this car is so bloody fun!

Footage from a damp Brands Hatch yesterday -

• Like 4

In college today so whilst I had half an hour free I stripped the car down a bit whilst we had some clear weather, I'm moving the intake up so I can:

A. Have 2 fog lights as the 1 doesn't do anything

B. Be able to drive through flood water without flooding my engine as we've had mega bad weather down south recently

f4af58ec2f6ddfdfbfe29ec0c4625835.jpg

Whilst doing this I found a split in the intake hose..

f6a5bf525a3e7b9441bffd5c8c5bdb3f.jpg

May be a source for the low hp figures on the rolling road as this split effectively acts as a resonance chamber drawing air out of the intake away from the filter box

I did manage to snap my indicator bulb, luckily I have spares at home and a spare holder if I can't get the remains out

05585ee7c4e6e30bf55153775ae6c3b8.jpg

c61a0d03fef3def74eafab997e8da221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons