Help pairing an iPhone 5 to Columbus

Hi,

This is my first trip to the Superb section as I have an Octavia.

A mate has a 2009 Skoda Superb with a Columbus radio. The car was recently purchased in the UK.

I tried pairing his iPhone 5 to the car via the maxi-dot (there doesn't appear to be a way to pair via headunit) but an error appears every time.

There does appear to be phones paired (from previous owner), but I'm unsure how to clear these.

Could anyone help with the pairing of the iPhone5 and removal of the old paired devices?

Edited by GAFF

I always search for Skoda BT on the phone and pair that way, never had any problems. One you get phone paired you can then delete previous paired devices.

• Like 1

Have you checked which bluetooth module is installed?

2009 sounds about right for when rSAP only modules may have been fitted which aren't compatible with iPhones.

A VCDS autoscan would be great :)

Have you checked which bluetooth module is installed?

2009 sounds about right for when rSAP only modules may have been fitted which aren't compatible with iPhones.

A VCDS autoscan would be great :)

Thanks

Whats rSAP ?

How do you check which module is fitted?

Is it possible to upgrade the unit?

Is it expensive?

rSAP is one of the Bluetooth protocols.

Any car that is pre-MY11 will have an rSAP only module fitted which means it will not work with any iPhone. Apple only support the HFP Bluetooth protocol.

The only two things your friend can do is replace his iPhone with an Android phone or more likely replace the Bluetooth unit under the drivers seat with a later module that supports both rSAP and HFP. There is a sticky at the top of this section which covers this.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Honorary,

See below the replacement unit you need to buy to connect the Iphone 5S to the Columbus. I bought a superb last year and had the exact same issue. I got it on ebay for about €100 delivered. It's mounted under the drivers seat and is simple to fit (Plug N Play).

No can do speed dials from the columbus or full control on the Maxidot.

NEW 2015 VW SKODA SEAT BLUETOOTH WI-FI HOT SPOT MODULE 3C8035730E 3C8 035 730 E

That's a good price! I've been looking on eBay for a E suffix and they all seem to be £150 plus.

Some of the adds I've seen do mention coding after fitting. I take it these units whether it's suffix A-E need no coding and will work as a straight swap for my 2010 original module?

The only two things your friend can do is replace his iPhone with an Android phone

I tried connecting my Android S6 and it also wouldn't work.

Is the module replacement a simple plug and play or does it require coding?

I tried connecting my Android S6 and it also wouldn't work.

Is the module replacement a simple plug and play or does it require coding?

As I said above, ideally it should be checked as it'll depend how the replacement unit it coded.

I assume you mean a Samung Galaxy S6?

Not sure what networks are over in Ireland but I think you also need support from the SIM for rSAP. Also, if you're on a 3G only network (such as Three) you may have problems as older modules can only do 2G.

Best plan is still either a VCDS autoscan or to find which module is currently installed. I think it should be under the drivers seat...