HI i have a skoda rapid 136 just thought about asking people about there opinion.... do you think the car would have better value if it was in genuine mode.. original engine,exterior and interior or if it was modified.. sports body kit different engine,interior ??? just want to know what people think .. thanks

WOULD NEED SOME PARTS IF PEOPLE KNOW WHERE TO GET THEM 

E.G.: body panels, interior parts, wheels, lights, wishbones, driveshafts, anything really  

That's a bit dependant on colour and taste I think.

There was an importer (possibly dealer) fit body kit that included a deeper splitter, sill covers, rear fairings and a bigger rear spoiler for all 130s, and a rear window louvre for the Rapid only back in the day.

Hi. These cars are quite sought after now and its reflecting in their value, but you probably know this.

When it come to keeping original or modifying, that's a tough one. Ultimately down to personal taste, but i'd only make modifications that can be easily undone to return it to original. That way, you can put your own spin on it to make it unique and retain its resale value if someone is looking for an original car should you decide to sell it.

That said, if its a bit tatty and not the finest example out there then have some fun with it and go nuts.

Can you post some photos of the car, also where are you located?

Hi. These cars are quite sought after now and its reflecting in their value, but you probably know this.

When it come to keeping original or modifying, that's a tough one. Ultimately down to personal taste, but i'd only make modifications that can be easily undone to return it to original. That way, you can put your own spin on it to make it unique and retain its resale value if someone is looking for an original car should you decide to sell it.

That said, if its a bit tatty and not the finest example out there then have some fun with it and go nuts.

Can you post some photos of the car, also where are you located?

The bodykit I mention in #2 was bolt/screw/stick/bond on, but didn't require any panel modifications beyond any bolt or screw holes. I do know of cases back in the day when the kit was removed after a private sale when the buyer didn't want it fitted.

The bodykit I mention in #2 was bolt/screw/stick/bond on, but didn't require any panel modifications beyond any bolt or screw holes. I do know of cases back in the day when the kit was removed after a private sale when the buyer didn't want it fitted.

If they are fully removable, then that's a great way to make the car look sportier. They do have a great look with the kit fitted, so are the kits still available or is just what people have lurking in their garden shed!?

If they are fully removable, then that's a great way to make the car look sportier. They do have a great look with the kit fitted, so are the kits still available or is just what people have lurking in their garden shed!?

I don't actually know who made it, but a company called "Fibrefab" made similar kits for other models in the UK, so it might be worth a search.

The sport kit has long since ceased production and there aren't many around. I sold one 2 years ago for £125 to someone from CZ who got it shipped back there. The Czechs love Sport Rapids and Estelles.....personally I think they look a bit OTT given the fairly meagre performance! 

If you desperately want a bodykit there are ones of even more dubious taste available in CZ but they tend not to offer postage on that type of thing. 

In terms of value, unless you happen to have everything lying around to convert it into a convincing sport replica then leave it standard it will be worth more. Subtle mods like a nice exhaust and a  lowered front end will add value without ruining it's appeal. Roadworthy Rapids are now worth about £1000, really good ones are up to the £3000+ mark. 

Edited by petergarforth
  • Like 1