Banana yellow Monte Carlo

DanFabiaMC

Thought I'd start a little thread on my Monte Carlo.

Started off in life as 2012 1.6 TDI 105bhp, but now its currently running stage 2 but hoping to upgrade the intercooler etc and then go for a better turbo at a later stage. It's currently on H&R 40mm springs and the wheels are being replaced at the weekend for anthracite Pro Race 3's, hoping to get a H&R rear RARB sorted for it soon plus a brake upgrade.

How it currently looks.

IMG_1251_zpspfdjerfb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one. 

Guessing it's around 140-150bhp?

Yea that's it, currently 140bhp with 260lb-ft of torque, I need to work a bit on the handling and brakes though as they are letting it down a bit but now this is my only car and I'm stuck with it for a while I'll just sort various bits out and get it to a point that I'm happy with.

My 1.6tdi must have been classed as stage 3 then with over 200bhp and 360ftlb :)

My project is in the process of going back to standard so let me know if you're interested in the turbo set up, it's low mileage and in perfect condition :)

Edited by DarrellGB

My 1.6tdi must have been classed as stage 3 then with over 200bhp and 360ftlb :)

My project is in the process of going back to standard so let me know if you're interested in the turbo set up, it's low mileage and in perfect condition :)

I think they are although I get confused with what people class things as lol, I want mine to be running your figures when I'm done with it but sadly I don't think I can afford to do it just yet, but if I had the money I'd certainly be interested in your set up :)

I think they are although I get confused with what people class things as lol, I want mine to be running your figures when I'm done with it but sadly I don't think I can afford to do it just yet, but if I had the money I'd certainly be interested in your set up :)

I can let you have the turbo and braided oil feed line for £300, you'd easily see 175bhp with your existing mods once it's mapped :)

• Like 1

Mines currently stage 2 with EGR delete, DPF sorted and remap, but mine only made 135bhp on the dyno.

Im also on the look out for a turbo and intercooler, i orignially wanted 220bhp to match my 1.9 TDI but between 180 - 200 seems more likley.

Thanks, I had no choice with the colour as I was after a Monte Carlo and this was the only one at the time with the right engine, but it's grown on me and I'm happy with how the wheels turned out too so it's all starting to come together now.

• 8 months later...

Well it's been a while since I did anything to this after having everything go wrong in my life last year but back on it again this year.

Darkside front mount intercooler

IMG_0451_zpssurygdim.jpg

Darkside hardpipe kit

IMG_0502_zpscigamikd.jpg

After having the intercooler and pipe kit fitted I needed to sort out the front brakes, so bought some refurbished 312 calipers and carriers, Brembo drilled discs and Brembo performance pads.

IMG_1049_zpsxyqnek9t.jpg

IMG_1125_zpsev2hcfcz.jpg

IMG_1207_zpsxnqw1mxw.jpg

Edited by DanFabiaMC
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, S27VEJ said:

Looking good mate. I too had a load of stuff in my life go wrong and it's made me so much more into my car! 

How's the brakes with Brembo material now?

Much better now, my old set up was struggling and the 312's are so much better without spending too much money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while really but haven't done anything to it lately except just use it, I have been contemplating getting a second car but I've kinda talked myself out of it now and think that money is now better spent finally changing the turbo and boosting up the Fabia :)

• Like 1