Banana yellow Monte Carlo

DanFabiaMC

I've just fitted the air box, it's basically exactly the same as OE just no internal bits slowing down the air, I've taken some pics to show, I'm just too lazy to trim my original box lol.

IMG_1862.JPG

15 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Excellent choice on the turbo, quite abit bigger than standard and even bigger than the CR177 turbo??

what sort of power are you going for?

I'd like to get to 200bhp but will see what happens, aiming to have it fitted in September so just sorting out some suspension bits to make the most of it all.

49 minutes ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Not sure what exhaust you've got but with that turbo and EGR/DPF delete I think you can get into the 220bhp figures 

At the moment my exhaust is standard but I'm aiming to sort that before hand too so hopefully I'll have all angles covered.

I probably really should stop buying parts but I can't help it lol, the banana had its MOT yesterday and I had an advisory on front arm bushes so saw that as an excuse to order up new front arms, ball joints and Powerflex bushes for the arms, also booked the car in for turbo fitting and mapping so that's sorted out for September :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really awesome I'm glad there's some wiggle room with these cars, as I'm still paying mine off! My biggest worry is the brakes, do the front discs support that much power? Just weighing it all up in my head, wether to sell my car or mod it in the future. 

On 13/07/2017 at 16:26, Mattyboy91 said:

Looks really awesome I'm glad there's some wiggle room with these cars, as I'm still paying mine off! My biggest worry is the brakes, do the front discs support that much power? Just weighing it all up in my head, wether to sell my car or mod it in the future. 

At the moment they cope with around the 150bhp the car is running although once I've had the turbo fitted and mapped I think I'll be looking at going the 4 pot route.

Had my new suspension arms, ball joints and Powerflex bushes fitted today after having an advisory for worn bushes, the old arms when they came off showed the bushes were worse than they looked but least that's all sorted and was also the cause of a very minor clunk I could hear.

IMG_1917.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Few more things happening this month for the banana, it's having an engine carbon clean on Monday so I can be sure the engine is running its best ready for the turbo and mapping in September and then towards the end of August it's having a custom exhaust made to finish it all off.

Had a local chap come round today who gave my engine a carbon clean, plenty of crap came out the exhaust and the car feels much better for it.

Then my next little project on the go, made a start installing a new head unit, just need a new adaptor that's on order and then I should have Apple car play installed which should make a nice new addition.

IMG_2254.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

That looks tidy. 

Thankyou, having some more bits done next week as it's having a custom exhaust made with an oem looking twin slash cut rolled tailpipe, so hopefully that will tidy up the back a bit.

My Pioneer Apple car play head unit is all up and running, it's been such a good unit so far so very pleased with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven’t done anything with this for ages other than use and abuse it. It’s back on its original alloys, gone straight through another MOT.

My main issue I have with the car is comfort so that’s something I’m going to work on over the next few months, as I find the standard seats so comfortable with little support so I’ll look into changing those soon for some Audi A1 seats.

The standard shocks are coming off in a week and will be replaced with a set of Bilstein B8’s that I have ready, I’ll look into changing the tyres to 215 as I think that will make a difference too, just trying to like the car again lol.

052EF475-F253-4AEF-A74A-2A56A58B058A.jpeg

05B9C04B-71EA-4EC9-96C8-2AFA8781715E.jpeg