Rolling Road Day, JKM Portsmouth, 29th October 2016

She did last year but i didnt actually ask about this year. I think card should be fine but maybe bring cash just in case

Went to cash machine this evening so covered either way. See you in the morning.

• Like 1

Argh I deleted my own post! I'll be there, turned down a day at Santapod with free unlimited runs in my car to come here so better be worth it!

I'll stop by at Sainsburys Winchester to top up so should have pretty much max power available for those who'd like a ride. Happy to meet up beforehand at Winchester if any of you want to convoy it down to JKM :-)

See you there!

• Like 1

Well I thought I might've lost some ponies along the way in the last year.  But it turns out I found some  :sun:

Was obviously just me getting used to it. 233.6bhp last year.

This year:

IMG_2206_zpsvmlrrmdj.jpg

Not bad from a bog standard 220TSi :dance:

Good morning - thanks for organising andsoutham :thumbup:

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 1

Well they don't call them the heartbreak rollers for nothing! Little disappointed but still not bad having 82hp over standard!

IMG_20161029_093210661_zpssudibpmy_edit_

IMG_20161029_092335065_BURST000_COVER_zp

Thank you all for coming, was a good meet, especially xavier and the ludicrous Tesla!!

Andy

Edited by andsoutham
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, it was good although a little strange seeing noise and the odd puff of smoke, I'm so use to the silence. Sometimes, some noise would be nice!

Glad you enjoyed the rides. Always brings a smile and/or string of expletives. About to go through the vids :)

• Like 2

Yellow Peril II went on

DSC_0266_zpsgimiw3hp.jpg

Slightly disappointed with the run to be honest...

DSC_0270_zpsnlxgrfab_edit_1477757153975_

Thanks though to mushtafa for clearing fault codes and then reading again after the run, turns out that I'd never plugged back in the inlet manifold temp sensor following putting the painted manifold on the other month. I had pushed the connector in place but just not clicked it in place so wasn't obvious.

Fault codes cleared again and a second go on the rollers and much more like what I was expecting.

DSC_0271_zpsrl2or9bu_edit_1477757044006_

This was within 10% of what R-tech mapped it at and torque is about where it should be.

Felt good on the way home too.

Good catch up again.

• Like 4

OK, here is a selection :)

Warning - lots of laughter in this one!

Warning - NSFW - some language in this one!

And finally...

Thanks to Kate, Keith and Jim for organising the day :)

lol... redefining peoples idea of 0-60 again xav! :) I always enjoy watching those vids :)

• Like 2

Thanks Xavia for the ride, it was something else, very surreal.

Also thanks to JKM for yet another great day, and not forgetting Andy for organising.

• Like 1

195, not bad for a standard Octy3 vRS TDI.

Also huge thank you to Xav for the passenger ride, and apologies for my language.

I also got a vid pointing forwards, well kind of forwards and a bit upwards!!

Edited by mk4gtiturbo
  • Like 3

No apologies required, I've heard worse!

Did you do a video of Jim and Kate xav.????

No, I thought I did, but looks like I didn't as it's not on the card. A shame really as the commentary was golden, but I wouldn't want to publicise that without their permission anyway - not that they weren't professional at all in expressing their thoughts :)

• Like 3