Updating Amundsen Nav II Maps

Falmouthboy

1 minute ago, sneznymuz said:

But the folder is also just 15GB so it works fine on the 16GB card.

But that is compressed and needs to be unpacked.
I take it you have downloaded, installed it and it's working?

Just now, Urrell said:

But that is compressed and needs to be unpacked.
I take it you have downloaded, installed it and it's working?

the zip is 14.8 GB unpacked its 15.07GB. As I said before it's 15GB and as I pointed out earlier in  an earlier post I have no idea 

why they're indicating that it requires a 32GB card when you without any problems can put the maps on the 16GB card.

I can understand that they wanna indicate that the folders are increasing in size but at that point they need to be able to provide us with new 32GB cards
but the last three updates has all been around 14-15GB unpacked and haven't increased much in size maybe a few 50-100MB.

14 minutes ago, sneznymuz said:

I can understand that they wanna indicate that the folders are increasing in size but at that point they need to be able to provide us with new 32GB cards
but the last three updates has all been around 14-15GB unpacked and haven't increased much in size maybe a few 50-100MB.

Much newer Skoda sat-navs  use 32gb cards so I can see no reason Skoda need to supply a 32gb card for  sat-navs that are no longer made.
I'll ask again have you updated your 16gb SD card with that new map and can confirm it is working?

1 minute ago, Urrell said:

Much newer Skoda sat-navs  use 32gb cards so I can see no reason Skoda need to supply a 32gb card for  sat-navs that are no longer made.
I'll ask again have you updated your 16gb SD card with that new map and can confirm it is working?

Yeah I just attached pictures of it I hope that will be enough as proof for you :)

4 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

@sneznymuz

PM me your VIN, would like see direct link of file

guessing it's the same half year old files i posted week ago

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/480367-amundsen-mib2-map-updates/?do=findComment&comment=5411820

Have you made diff check of the files?

As you see in the picture above the version I have downloaded is the 1410 which you also have linked to.

9 minutes ago, sneznymuz said:

Have you made diff check of the files?

yes, content is equal
except one log file -

./1410_MP191-1247.x_EU-AS.md5sum.txt 613 269 bytes

Just now, MartiniB said:

yes, content is equal
except one log file -

./1410_MP191-1247.x_EU-AS.md5sum.txt 613 269 bytes

Can concur with this after making a diff check myself, thanks for pointing this out :)

Wonder if they intended to upload old maps or if something has gone wrong in the publishing. Have you been in contact with Skoda about this?

@sneznymuz

personally me have Columbus,
just collecting links by simple bash script when they placing files on web server,
when file names are logical then i can catch them few weeks earlier than they have been made officially visible

5 minutes ago, MartiniB said:

@sneznymuz

personally me have Columbus,
just collecting links by simple bash script when they placing files on web server,
when file names are logical then i can catch them few weeks earlier than they have been made officially visible

Nice idea!
Have you shared this script publicly? If so could you link to it?

Would put it on one of my servers do you send some email notification when there are new files?

1 hour ago, sneznymuz said:

Yeah I just attached pictures of it I hope that will be enough as proof for you

I did not see that as we posted at the same time and you had not answered my earlier question as to whether it was working.

4 minutes ago, Urrell said:

I did not see that as we posted at the same time and you had not answered my earlier question as to whether it was working.

IT WORKS! 

Question now is if they have done something wrong with the updates or if it's supposed to be the same versions as 6months ago.

@sneznymuz

till 18. jun there were year old 1310 files, now just half year old, that means update is done

i'll PM bash script, but don't share it!

i worried they can close this hole, similar as VCDS coding on 2020 models.

btw. all the media software and maps firstly are developed for Audi,

and they have few times limit for user updates by him self, then you have to pay for activating next few updates.

VW, Škoda and Seat have some delay, first smaller, last huge.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

I have a 32Gb Skoda SD Card here. Part number is 5L0 051 236 BA

Interesting since yesterday someone seems to have added a 5L0 051 236 BR version now on eBay (Link) which should be the latest version I assume this also is a 32GB card. 

Did you purchase this card or did your car come with the 32GB card from the beginning?

Just as a reference here is a full diff check between version 1310 and 1410. Link

There has been a few changes between the versions seems like they have added a bunch of logos, symbols, POI's, some database files and maps.