access when battery is flat ?

i can anyone tell me how to get in to my 2014 octavia when the battery is flat, there are no key holes to open the door manually so that i could pop the bonnet and jump start it? any ideas people?

I seem to remember you can prise the cover off the door handle (driver's side, rear of the handle) and it reveals a lock barrel.

Edited by Jock

It's covered in the manual - page 225 in the PDF that I have - but I'm sure there are different versions around.

It's in the "Do-it-Yourself" section, under "Emergency unlocking/locking".  This section also contains useful info on things like how to change the keyfob battery and re-sync the system.

Yep the bit by the door handle comes away to show a barrel. Unfortunately by memory its not the side of the bonnet release, and you need the passenger door open to release the bonnet. But if the car is deadlocked (usually is), then you cant open that door without power. Simply clever eh?

Don't know about you but my manual is kept in my car.

Which in the case of the OP is locked! :devil:

Can't remember if I've ever looked at the physical manual - much easier to search a PDF.

All available here: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/pages/owners-manuals.aspx

I believe there was someone on this forums that had this exact problem.

You can open the driver's door with the key but not the passenger's.  I have no idea why Skoda thought this was a good idea on a RHD car (probably didn't think as with a lot of other things).

From memory the Skoda assist person who came out to the member basically yanked the bonnet leaver sideways in order to allow it to be pulled - whether that required a new leaver or not I don;t think was ever mentioned.

Simply Clever

Connect 12v to the 12v outlet between the seats. Should Probably bring some power to the system to unlock the passenger door.

Just a suggestion. Dont know If it will work.

It should work. My parents has a emergency battery wich can be connected like that to charge the battery.

• Like 1

Connect 12v to the 12v outlet between the seats. Should Probably bring some power to the system to unlock the passenger door.

Just a suggestion. Dont know If it will work.

So how do you get into the car to connect the charger ?

Surely when unlocking the car manually, even with a flat battery the deadlocks are deactivated along with the alarm, therefore allowing the passenger door to be opened?

Surely when unlocking the car manually, even with a flat battery the deadlocks are deactivated along with the alarm, therefore allowing the passenger door to be opened?

Given that the doors are electrically operated, if the battery is completely flat then no.

Well the alarm is electronically activated too, but the siren has it's own battery, so if it is possible to electronically deactivate the alarm with the key why isn't is possible to deactivate the deadlocks (assuming manually unlocking the drivers door doesn't activate the alarm once the door is opened).

I'm not suggesting the central locking will operate, just the deadlocks, allowing the manual operation of the passenger door.

Any information that may compromise a cars security will be closely guarded. They may and probably will share it with third parties such as the AA and RAC but they won't tell your average Joe.

I remember an example of a still manufactured model, whereby you could access a car that was fully secured by breaking the tail light and fusing the bulb. It's was an access tip shared for need to know basis. I suspect Skoda will know how to access, so in events where the customer is locked out, they'll know how to but they won't divulge this sort of info.

Edited by Mallettsmallett