A question for MOT testers on here.

I,m asking any MOT testers here about the difference in an MOT test on a Hybrid vehicle to a normal vehicle?

My Lexus CT is due an MOT in just over a month and i,m just going to get it checked over before hand.I,m new to Hybrids so was just wondering what differences there are in testing.

Many thanks.

I thunk there is the obligatory 10min head scratching while they decide where to put the emissions probe :p

• Like 3

OH-if those round here are anything to go by, there will be something they will find to write up an advisory about that.

This is on a two & a bit year old vehicle, with only 14700 miles on it

• Advisory notice item(s)
    Nearside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)
    Offside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)

Reason- the front pads don't sweep the complete disc area, and the disc area outside of the pads is rusted. it crops up on several MOT, depending(IMHO) on whether the garage needs work. I had a roadside repair bloke check mine out, and he verified this as a nice little "MOT earner".

I've had one

Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt
    Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components
    and another
    Rear Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated-- outer section of a double skinned exhaust slightly rusted.The tester tried to tell me that this was a heatshield showing signs of problems. I asked at my local exhaust place, for an exhaust bloke ( who owned an Audi) to tell me that VAG fit double skinned boxes. 

OH-if those round here are anything to go by, there will be something they will find to write up an advisory about that.

This is on a two & a bit year old vehicle, with only 14700 miles on it

• Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)
    Offside Front brake disc slightly pitted (3.5.1h)

Reason- the front pads don't sweep the complete disc area, and the disc area outside of the pads is rusted. it crops up on several MOT, depending(IMHO) on whether the garage needs work. I had a roadside repair bloke check mine out, and he verified this as a nice little "MOT earner".

I've had one

Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt
    Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

I've had all of these.  Also advisories about 'severely worn' tyres that clearly had more tread on them than the tester had written and were good for another 5k.

best one I had was at a well known fast fit place, where I had a nail in a rear tyre, marked as dangerous on the fail certificate ( along with other suspicious fail items) . On examination, the spare was flat, with a nail in it, but no mention on certificate, as this should be ,at least an advisory. The tyre said to have a nail in it was examined and found to be free of punctures. On reflection, the spare had been replaced with a tyre from another wheel ( a few weeks previously), and never been on the car, and checked for problems before fitting to the spare steel wheel. On reflection, I should have asked for the tyre number to be noted on the fail cert and then taken the tyre in separately for repair. preferably at another depot.

The only vehicles that don’t have an emissions test as part of the MOT are:

vehicles with less than 4 wheels

those with 2-stroke engines

hybrid vehicles

quadricycles

I'm surprised hybrids don't. They still have either a petrol or diesel  engine. The Peugeot 508 diesel hybrid scores 109 on CO2 emissions, while their diesel-only model scores less. Go figure.

best one I had was at a well known fast fit place, where I had a nail in a rear tyre, marked as dangerous on the fail certificate ( along with other suspicious fail items) . On examination, the spare was flat, with a nail in it, but no mention on certificate, as this should be ,at least an advisory. The tyre said to have a nail in it was examined and found to be free of punctures. On reflection, the spare had been replaced with a tyre from another wheel ( a few weeks previously), and never been on the car, and checked for problems before fitting to the spare steel wheel. On reflection, I should have asked for the tyre number to be noted on the fail cert and then taken the tyre in separately for repair. preferably at another depot.

Spare wheel isn't part of the MOT test

• Like 1