VT-ing a PCP - the ball is rolling. My experience.....

You need to speak again with whoever you spoke to on the phone and ask them what they're playing at, they've screwed up somehow.

It might have made more sense to pay the settlement fee and then cancel the DD with your bank.

You need to speak again with whoever you spoke to on the phone and ask them what they're playing at, they've screwed up somehow.

It might have made more sense to pay the settlement fee and then cancel the DD with your bank.

True - but ive been bitten before when cancelling a DD which is why i didnt want to go down that road.

Ill give them a ring tomorrow.

I'd seen a screen shot posted on here of someones credit score after they'd VT'd their PCH. It made note of the termination but also showed that the score remained unaffected.

Whilst trying to find it this was the top Google search  :D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/257171-getting-late-payments-removed-from-credit-reports/

Edited by silver1011

I'd seen a screen shot posted on here of someones credit score after they'd VT'd their PCH. It made note of the termination but also showed that the score remained unaffected.

Whilst trying to find it this was the top Google search  :D

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/257171-getting-late-payments-removed-from-credit-reports/

Yep.. like i say - burned before ;)

Hi..

Just a quick question. Have you/Are you aware of the effect of VT'ing the car has had on your credit score?

Reason i ask is i recently VT'ed my citigo, and now my credit report has updated, it shows the agreement has been VT'ed but also has a amber mark showing "payment was up to one month late" - just wondering if this is normal.

Up until this, my credit score was exemplary and now its taken quite a knock, dropping from "excellent" to "fair"

See post #100.

• Like 1

Well i called vwfs today and asked what the deal was - they said it will have been because i didn't pay the settlement until after the car was collected.

I questioned why this was not pointed out to me when the guy i spoke to previously said it was ok to hold off paying the settlement until after the following months payment was due to come out to ensure that payment wasnt taken... he didnt have an answer to that.

They have opened a complaint record and will get back to me soon.

Hi

am too thinking of VT 63 Reg 40k on the clock and last payment April 17 so well over the 50%. Spoke to VWFS and they suggested the VT option.. To purchase the car its £11.5k then sell it privately but the VT option seems way out as if i leave to run its full term (Mid May)  a will have £400 to pay in excess millage charges and i can give car back early with th VT as Golf r coming mid march. Great car and have enjoyed. Just a shame resale values poor 

Well i called vwfs today and asked what the deal was - they said it will have been because i didn't pay the settlement until after the car was collected.

I questioned why this was not pointed out to me when the guy i spoke to previously said it was ok to hold off paying the settlement until after the following months payment was due to come out to ensure that payment wasnt taken... he didnt have an answer to that.

They have opened a complaint record and will get back to me soon.

Yeah, I remember when I phoned them up initially I was told I needed to pay £628 to get to 50% and I did it there and then even though the very pleasant lady assured me I could wait until after the vehicle had been inspected and taken away.........a nagging voice in my head (not the wife for once) was telling me "late payment, credit rating affected".

Having read what's happened to you (totallt unfair IMHO) I'm glad I did what I did.

Hi

am too thinking of VT 63 Reg 40k on the clock and last payment April 17 so well over the 50%. Spoke to VWFS and they suggested the VT option.. To purchase the car its £11.5k then sell it privately but the VT option seems way out as if i leave to run its full term (Mid May) a will have £400 to pay in excess millage charges and i can give car back early with th VT as Golf r coming mid march. Great car and have enjoyed. Just a shame resale values poor

Blame the badge on the front. Buy cheap don't expect them to hold much in way of second hand values.

Hi with the VT what is the sitution with the alloys. Mine are have a few scratches just cosmetic, no actual buckles etc. Do they accept that as fair wear  & tear or do i need to get them touched up

Thanks

Edited by Beast

Yeah, I remember when I phoned them up initially I was told I needed to pay £628 to get to 50% and I did it there and then even though the very pleasant lady assured me I could wait until after the vehicle had been inspected and taken away.........a nagging voice in my head (not the wife for once) was telling me "late payment, credit rating affected".

Having read what's happened to you (totallt unfair IMHO) I'm glad I did what I did.

Just to draw conclusion to my "issue" - I had a call from their customer resolution dept today - they had listened to the calls and agreed it had not been made clear to me that the final payment had to be made before the car was collected, So they have removed the marks on my credit report.. so good stuff!

As far as customer service goes i cannot fault them for the whole experience!

• Like 2

Hi with the VT what is the sitution with the alloys. Mine are have a few scratches just cosmetic, no actual buckles etc. Do they accept that as fair wear  & tear or do i need to get them touched up

Thanks

VWFS (Volkswagen Financial Services) are members of the BVRLA.

BVRLA set out the standards for fair wear and tear, which does include scuffs on the wheels.

You should have been provided with a BVRLA fair wear and tear booklet when you collected the car which details the amounts of allowed damage. Alternatively you can view it online...

http://www.bvrla.co.uk/service/fair-wear-and-tear-guides

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am considering this. What do you tell them as the reason?

Also if I want a new Skoda on PCP won't i effectively have 2 credit agreements at once? I don't think I would be approved for another one whilst the other one is still running.

On 17/08/2016 at 18:47, SkodaVRS1963 said:

I don't know if there's any mileage in this but I thought I'd document my personal experience of VT-ing my PCP in case it's useful to anyone else in the same boat.

I received a phone call today from the Ford dealer handling the sale of my Focus ST.  It's on a low-loader and will be with them Friday.......less than four weeks from order to delivery.

So, I got straight on the phone to VWFS using the 0870-whatever number detailed in the documentation.  Connected straightaway to a recorded message that helpfully told me that if I redialled the same number (except using 0370 instead of 0870) then I'd be charged a cheaper rate for the call.

A nice touch.  Although I don't know what difference there is between the two area codes.

So having redialled I was (surprisingly) straight through to a UK call centre.  I told the (very pleasant Scottish) lady that I wanted to VT my agreement and she handled the whole thing perfectly.

Apparently my details will now be passed to British Car Auctions who will call me within a week to arrange inspection and collection.  Total call length was 13 minutes.

So I'm soon to be an ex-VRS owner.

I'll update this with any activity.

Hi. Did you end up with 2 finance agreements at once?

6 hours ago, tigermad said:

Hi. Did you end up with 2 finance agreements at once?

Well, I'm guessing that even though I'd VT'd the Skoda agreement and paid the £600+ to hit the 50% mark, they wouldn't have closed it until the vehicle was back in their possession.

So the answer is yes, for about a week and a bit I had two agreements in force.

Actually, thinking back, I remember looking at my ClearScore credit file and noticing I had unsecured loans of £30,000+ (Skoda's for £12,000 and Ford's for £19,000).

• Like 1

Looking at purchasing a pre-reg 66 Octavia SE 1.6TDi with 10 miles on the clock as a keeper. I spoke to VAG about a VT of my PCP`d Polo last Autumn and I was told that I could had it back in February 2017 for no charge. The dealer has stated that my car is worth £7500 as part of a trade in, yet my settlement plan is £8500!!

I guess a VT is totally different to a settlement!! Guess I`ll be ringing up VAG for a VT tomorrow and see what happens. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi quick question using this existing thread.  When they collect BCA need the keys, V5 etc they also ask for the service history/log book. This has all been electronic since I had my car in 2014. Do I have to ask the dealer for a printout of my service history to give them? Thanks

7 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Hi quick question using this existing thread.  When they collect BCA need the keys, V5 etc they also ask for the service history/log book. This has all been electronic since I had my car in 2014. Do I have to ask the dealer for a printout of my service history to give them? Thanks

Yes ask them for a print out. My dealer is doing the same for me. 

• Like 1

BCA were due to collect my Polo yesterday from the dealer after I picked my Octavia last Tuesday. So I so far have had no calls so presumably everything went okay. Hope so as insurance runs out midnight tonight! 

Just now, threadbear said:

BCA were due to collect my Polo yesterday from the dealer after I picked my Octavia last Tuesday. So I so far have had no calls so presumably everything went okay. Hope so as insurance runs out midnight tonight! 

Get the dealer to email the collection form to you. I will be doing the same and don't want any surprises. 

7 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Get the dealer to email the collection form to you. I will be doing the same and don't want any surprises. 

Emailed dealer to request above. Thanks for that advice! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigermad said:

What collection form? My understanding was the dealer has nothing to do with the collection process. 

3 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

What collection form? My understanding was the dealer has nothing to do with the collection process. 

Some people leave their car for collection by bca at the dealers that is selling them a new car. The form which shows the condition of the vehicle on pickup can be given to the dealer if the owner is not their in person. Or they may email it direct. 

Edited by tigermad
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My new car is in the UK now (Grimsby docks) and can take up to 10 days to get to dealers. I want my old car to be collected by BCA from the dealers (I will leave it there when I pick the new one up).

Is it best to start the ball rolling now and call Skoda to VT or wait until it gets to the dealers? (I am hoping the old one will be collected before my next payment is due beginning of May). I don't want BCA to collect my old one before I get my new one but chances of that are slim I guess.

Edited by tigermad