Air Con not blowing cold air

Octy VRS 59 plate, Air con seems to be working fine but no cold air, compressor centre spindle does spin but I did not hear the fans come on today, checked and they do not come on when pressing the Auto Button.  The self diagnostic everyone mentions says to press econ button with aircon ,I don,t have an econ button on my version can I do something else. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

It has been regased, still not cold. It is a  59-2009 model it has no econ button on climatic control ,it has Auto, AC, Dual and Off buttons, dual dial temp controls with push button heated front seats set in dials.

Hi well im prob the bearer of bad news for you in advance sorry to ruin your day  my 4x4 est is the same and i been there and done that first had it regased no change cheaked and replaced fuses no change replaced the preshure switch  no change  then  did google searchers for the answear and here it is on Skodas  the air  con pump is on  all the time as standerd even when its off it allows 2% of air con to run now this being the case and reading tons of stuff on this forum and other the  air con pump is a weak point and it breaks up inside and stops working it looks like its working but its not so  by what ive  researched its a dead pump like mine is and yes i was gutted i wasted all that cash on new air con re gas

But im shore thats your answear mate oh and even worse a new pump is about 400 pounds

so there you have it loads of guys here have reported the same problem with air con pump

hope this helped

anthoney :x

Check fault codes and compressor shut off code would be the first step. If you don't have VCDS then look on the map for someone local who does :)

What map is that ?

I had no cold air from the ac it turned out to be a bolt on the compressor that had come loose my independent chap torqued it back up and its been fine since.

Common issue on the Delco compressors. We replaced them with Sanden ones under warranty.