F/L Mud flaps

Moggo

Yes, the metal clips were very difficult to fit. I think one of mine is slightly wonky, but they're impossible to resposition , so it's staying like it now! I'm happy with the mudflaps though, they do seem to help keep the car a bit cleaner. 

Thank you for your kind offer Moggo, I'll drop you a PM :)

Paul

Thanks

Ouch tho' on price

Price looks rather steep but the car looks finished with the flaps fitted.

I must admit I haven't compared the prices myself , I just thought that as they're recommended by Briskoda and have their own redirect link in the "Sponsors and Deals" forum , they must be reputable, reliable, and reasonable.  :happy:

I must admit I haven't compared the prices myself , I just thought that as they're recommended by Briskoda and have their own redirect link in the "Sponsors and Deals" forum , they must be reputable, reliable, and reasonable:happy:

I got my last 2 cars from there, a family business that is just as you say and probably still doing free postage.

Even though just a few miles away I have had several things posted and the service is excellent.

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just finished supervising my wife fitting our new Yeti with the OEM front and rear mudflaps,fairly straight forward although as others have found the rears needed some longer screws to finish the job.

I need to rest now as Its hard work supervising Its a tough job but someones got to do It !:biggrin:.

• Like 1

^ Whatever works for you!  At ours, m'Lady can be trusted to deal with the clever technical things (oil, water, screenwash) without supervision; we swap roles for the mucky stuff :dry:

• 1 month later...

Like many before, have found the middle screws at the rear aren't long enough. Very infuriating. It's obviously a well know problem yet Skoda don't supply longer screws with the mud guards - they would add only a few pence to the cost and the mark up on the guards must already be massive. Local VAG dealer was as much use as a chocolate teapot and could only find the same length screws as I already have. Spent the afternoon looking round local shops & garages without success. Can anyone shed light on if the Halfrauds ones in the link above work okay?  Wanted to get sorted today rather than waiting a few days for the postman to bring them. 

2 hours ago, Feeno said:

Like many before, have found the middle screws at the rear aren't long enough. Very infuriating. It's obviously a well know problem yet Skoda don't supply longer screws with the mud guards - they would add only a few pence to the cost and the mark up on the guards must already be massive. Local VAG dealer was as much use as a chocolate teapot and could only find the same length screws as I already have. Spent the afternoon looking round local shops & garages without success. Can anyone shed light on if the Halfrauds ones in the link above work okay?  Wanted to get sorted today rather than waiting a few days for the postman to bring them. 

I got some from a local car shop one of those fast fit type places that always find a job that need doing if you take your car in for something minor not sure what its called but they where a quid for six screws the heads were a bit smaller but they were philips not torque and they did the job. PS not that I would take my car there you understand.

Edited by ywyetinym

7 hours ago, camraman said:

Yes those Halfords screws are fine, I used them

good luck if you can find any I went to 3 shops and there were none yet all were showing healthy stocks,

nice little packets so guessing all the scumbags nick them.

so I ordered these on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POZI-FLANGED-SELF-TAPPING-SCREWS-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-TAPPERS-No-6-8-10-12-KAYS/361063732473?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=630407019034&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IT'S THE 10 X 3/4 (4.8 X 19MM) YOU WANT

quick delivery AND 10 FOR £1.49

;)

Edited by Halford

• 2 weeks later...

Bought front and rears on eBay. Cost approx  £50. Dealer wanted £36 for front and same for rear and their quote including fitting was £120.

Found the fitting straightforward enough. Centre screw on rears indeed difficult using existing screws; however one eventually bit securely on one side and for the other I found a screw and washer that did the job. Metal clips location not exactly clear on Skoda diagram but eventually decided there was only one location; had to lever these into position firmly home.

Certainly finishes car off well.

For those who have fitted them:

Do they make much difference to splashes on the car and Muck on rear door/window

Mud flaps supposedly knock the fuel consumption by worsening aerodynamics 

if if the car is used a little bit off road are they easy to rip off?

i had rear flaps on a Jetta once and tried to back over a relatively low kerb, caught the flaps between kerb and wheel and ripped both off!

Edited by kenfowler3966

16 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Do they make much difference to splashes on the car and Muck on rear door/window

Mud flaps supposedly knock the fuel consumption by worsening aerodynamics 

if if the car is used a little bit off road are they easy to rip off?

i had rear flaps on a Jetta once and tried to back over a relatively low kerb, caught the flaps between kerb and wheel and ripped both off!

Had these on a previous Yeti. They do finish the car off nicely

Never noticed a change in fuel consumption. Used off road towing trailers etc and never had a problem.

I think DIY (£45/£50) ones are worth it

look better and certainly keep the car cleaner

just remember there are a couple of model specific variations, so check they're right for your car.

;)

2 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Do they make much difference to splashes on the car and Muck on rear door/window (1)

Mud flaps supposedly knock the fuel consumption by worsening aerodynamics (2)

if if the car is used a little bit off road are they easy to rip off? (3)

1/ they stop some of the splashing up the side, but make no difference to the rear window, as that is caused by there being a low pressure area at the back of the car, caused by it's design shape.

2/ Really? Can't say I've noticed.

3/ I've never ripped one off. They don't hang down low enough, anyway.

• Like 1