Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system with Android in Superb II

On 27/08/2016 at 21:08, pab567 said:

As some of you have probably realized I'm crazy about converting factory radio / navigation into Android tablet. To be more detailed: in adding Android tablet functionality into factory radio / navigation system. First time I made in in my Superb II MY12 with Columbus. Second time I added this feature to Bolero in my Fabia III. And now I have adopted Amundsen MIB STD2 infotainment system (from new Yeti) to be used in the same Superb (I was a bit tired with Columbus) and equipped wit with Android 4.4.4 module.

Disadvantage 1 - you have to change gateway (as this system has address 5F which cannot be coded in old gateway)

Disadvantage 2 - you have to find somebody who will take care of Component Protection which is not so common yet

Disadvantage 3 - you have to buy SD card with maps (goodbye old good days of updating maps at no cost in Columbus)

Disadvantage 4 - no climatronic visualisation

Disadvantage 5 - no CD/DVD reader

Advantage 1 - something new in the old car :)

Advantage 2 - it has built-in bluetooth

Advantage 3 - reverse camera can be connected without any adapters

Advantage 4 - you can probably activate and use MirrorLink/AndroidAuto (probably as I have not checked it yet)

And it's way easier to extend it with Android table funcionality comparing to old Columbus.

I will post some pictures and videos next week.

I have a Columbus is there anything I could have done with that to make it android in my superb?