Kodiaq Lease deals

aldouk

I think they 'Skoda CZ'  failed to keep Derren Brown as an employee.

They did try other fortune tellers but they did not have working crystal balls.

Audi manage to do that as well with 48% valuations, and VW as well, the magazines just forget to mention.

They Lease / Finance vehicles which are going back to Audi (VW) Dealers, and then they keep advertising used cars high, and give a good trade in deal rather than reducing the selling price.

VW Group can do that because they are the Financing the Finance from money the VW Group Borrow.

Those days may end soon.

When future value is guaranteed it is no issue really.

The difference is if you buy a vehicle cash and then sometimes later try to sell out right for cash with out trading in, 

that is the real depreciation of vehicles, not Financial Establishments figures where they are the Owner at start and end of hiring out a vehicle.

Edited by Offski

PCH prices are generally a good indication of the manufacturers depreciation estimates. A great value PCH deal often means that the car is predicted to depreciate relatively slowly hence a lower monthly PCH price. There is no opportunity for the manufacturer to claw back any additional funds if they get it wrong.

Unlike a PCP where they can simply value the car at the minimum future guaranteed value (leaving no equity) meaning the customer has essentially been paying over the odds for the duration of the finance deal. This is why unless you are planning to pay the balloon payment and buy the car it makes little sense to choose PCP over PCH.

Likewise as I mentioned earlier PCH deals are also used as a tool to offload excess stock or fill production line capacity so good deals also crop up on cars that depreciate fast too.

Agreed. Part of why my superb 3 was such a good pch deal was that skoda were marketing it as expected to have a low depreciation over 3 years. As they've only been around 18 months I've still no idea how much they'll have depreciated but as most of them seem to be for sale secondhand through skoda dealers they can keep the price fixed high on 2/3 year old vehicles. Looks like they are expecting similar on the kodiaq as the pch deals aren't too bad considering the list prices. Especially when considered against the competition.

• Like 1

Anyone manage to secure a good lease deal for the Kodiaq as of yet?

MY current lease with my Octavia Scout ends in June 2017 but was delibarating on either securing a Kodiaq now or waiting until March 2017 to place an order.

I have been advised that prices may increase for leases come next year, so not sure how I should play this out?

Who was he, a Skoda Dealership Employee or a Broker?

Skoda prices might well go up, The UK is seemingly starting BEXIT by calling Article 50 early in 2017, 

who knows what might happen then with Exchange Rates.

Just placed an order through Lings for a 2.0 TDI 150 SEL DSG

No options apart from the zero cost Triglav wheels. Metallic was included.

3+23

£330 a month

11k miles

3+35 was a few quid cheaper.

I just asked for a 190 SEL DSG - standard 23-9 no extras 262 a month inc vat

Added

Front and rear parking sensors

Electric Folding Tow bar

Folding table on back of seats

Partition net screen

Remote folding rear seats

Aluminium pedals

Mythos gloss black decorative insert

Cost 342 inc over 23-9

A non Skoda leasing company. I just got an excellent quote. Do leasong companies always include road tax in their desls.

I attach quote. 190 dsg tdi edition - 294 a month

It isn't £294 per month, it is £398 per month when factoring in the deposit and broker fee.

The monthly payment means nothing if the whole cost isn't included.

This deal is exactly the same price as the Simpsons price in post #15 except it is 2,000 miles less per year and incurs a £180 broker fee upfront.

Road fund licence is always included in PCH.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a detailed breakdown yet in my first look at PCH.

How does the cost of extras impact the end result? Is the cost of extras simply added to monthly at cost price (simple arithmetic)?

My list of 'nice to have' extras adds up to £1,720 plus £555 for real paint.

I haven't seen a detailed breakdown yet in my first look at PCH.

How does the cost of extras impact the end result? Is the cost of extras simply added to monthly at cost price (simple arithmetic)?

My list of 'nice to have' extras adds up to £1,720 plus £555 for real paint.

I wondered this myself but didn't bother checking as wasn't too interested in any options...

Using pmdc199's figures you get:

£350 - Front and rear parking sensors

£850 - Electric Folding Tow bar

£125 - Folding table on back of seats

£150 - Partition net screen

£90   - Remote folding rear seats

£100 - Aluminium pedals

£125 - Mythos gloss black decorative insert

Total is £1,790

Divided over 32 payments (9+23) should be £56 extra a month at full cost.

Actual quote increase is £80 a month so no idea in this case?? An extra £80 a month is £2,560 extra for £1,790 worth of options!

Maybe my logic is wrong  :S

• Like 1

I just asked for a 190 SEL DSG - standard 23-9 no extras 262 a month inc vat

Added

Front and rear parking sensors

Electric Folding Tow bar

Folding table on back of seats

Partition net screen

Remote folding rear seats

Aluminium pedals

Mythos gloss black decorative insert

Cost 342 inc over 23-9

Who was this with?

Seems the best deal to date I can see

Break down from another company. Maybe some things affect residuals more than others?

Yes, you can add these extras on. Here are the approximate costs per month:

Options: DCC (Adaptive cruise?) £11 + VAT

Front and rear parking sensors £13 + VAT

Electric Folding Tow bar £31 + VAT

Folding table on back of seats £5 + VAT

Partition net screen £6 + VAT

Remote folding rear seats ??

Aluminium pedals £4 + VAT

Mythos gloss black decorative insert £5 + VAT

As a general rule the cost of options is simply added to the total cost of the lease (and spread over the monthly payments), however some desirable options can slow down the typical depreciation and in some cases actually lower the total cost of the lease. These are few and far between though.

Another piece of advice, on most VAG leases the excess mileage is 7.2 pence per mile. In a lot of cases it can be cheaper to select the lowest annual mileage (usually 5K) and simply pay the excess at the end of the lease.

Edited by silver1011

Another piece of advice, on most VAG leases the excess mileage is 7.2 pence per mile. In a lot of cases it can be cheaper to select the lowest annual mileage (usually 5K) and simply pay the excess at the end of the lease.

I think vag have upped the excess mileage the 8.4ppm now.

On my S3 lease it was cheaper to do a 10k pa lease and pay the 7.2ppm excess for the actual 15k I will do than pay the 15k rate. Which makes it especially odd that when I called vwfs last week and they quoted a revised lease rate now on my predicted mileage which saves me over £300 on paying the excess at the end.

• Like 1

Exact figures 23/9 for 342 a month. I was told this is guide as some do affect residuals e.g Towbar?

DCC - £980 - £31.61pcm

Front and rear parking sensors - £350 - £11.30pcm

Electric Folding Tow bar - £900 - £29.03pcm

Folding table on back of seats - £125 - £4.03pcm

Partition net screen - £150 - £4.84pcm

Remote folding rear seats £100 - £3.22pcm

Aluminium pedals £100 - £3.23pcm

Mythos gloss black decorative insert - £125 - £4.03pcm

Any one know the costs of park assists and blind spot assist?

I have been offered the following -

KODIAQ EST 2.0TDI SE L 4X4 DSG 7ST

36 months 10k PA

Initial Rental - £1079.46

Monthly - £359.82

Incs: Metallic Paint, Front Parking sensors (Rear parking sensors already included in the SE L) and park assist.

Do you guys think that is a good deal?

VWFS excess mileage now depends on engine capacity rather than just a flat rate. I snapped up one of the £107.99 a month Golf GTI lease deals in November on the same day the rates changed so having to pay 9p + VAT per mile, whereas on my 18 month old vRS it's the old 6p + VAT.