Leon's mk3 Octavia vRS hatch 220 TSI DSG

Leon-y-k

So some of you may know I had a 3.6 Superb mk2 twindoor for a few years! I loved it very much but I did miss my mk2 fl Octavia vRS which was in Sprint Yellow!

Fast forward another 3 years and here is my new vRS!

It's UK registered but was originally meant to have ended up in Cyprus!

Standard equipment includes spare wheel, full leather, columbus navigation included. Additional extras include illuminated door pulls and footwells which was a nice touch in my Superb.

It's got smaller 17" euro spec vRS alloys (anyone who wants to wheel swap for a more comfortable ride let me know! I'm keep to find new wheels)

It's really lively, I love the cheeky little tyre squeals sometimes when pushing on. I had the chance to drive the 230 manual when we had it as a demo and that was a little more vocal than the 220 I have now.

It feels a lot more fun than the 280 I had for a couple of months at work too but then the Superb is much more sensible.

Here are some photos of when I picked it up and the first mod when my v5 arrives is to take my L30 LYK plate off retention!

Hmm my phone seems to have put some of the photos upside down!? post-4851-0-07784500-1472936687_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-10915300-1472936749_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-73163300-1472936797_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-48595500-1472936855_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-79113400-1472936908_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-23758100-1472936959_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-62608300-1472937004_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-32684500-1472937051_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-62197500-1472937093_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-39330700-1472937140_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-24446300-1472937258_thumb.jpg

post-4851-0-72142000-1472937304_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice Vrs. Love the red stitched interior!

There's quite often 18" wheels in the classifieds, I've even managed to find the 19" Xtreme there.

Price wise that'd be the best place to look at I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Magget I'll keep an eye out there's not much out there at the moment! I've ordered some pressed plates that should arrive over the next few days with my personal reg.

ITS desperate for some darker rims!

Nice Vrs. Love the red stitched interior!

There's quite often 18" wheels in the classifieds, I've even managed to find the 19" Xtreme there.

Price wise that'd be the best place to look at I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh!! It came with it! I think you can buy them off superskoda?

Thanks mate it needed the 19" wheels! I'll pop over and share some photos

Oooh, dagnabit, now I reeaallyy want a dark grill surround   :wub:

Looks cracking  B)  :thumbup:

Share the love over in the Mk3 subforum too:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296662-post-your-mk3-octavia-photos/

Gaz

Hey mate is there a way of wrapping the wheels or having something that's non permanent? I like the shimmer on the polished faces

Maybe even a smoked lacquer kind of thing?

Looks great , so much better with the new wheels , yes get the roof wrapped black magic , I had it on mine , here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/412868-anyone-had-their-roof-wrapped/wheels would look cooler smoked chrome

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks buddy... this happened on Wednesday coming out of work. Not happy :( post-4851-0-39748200-1477083508_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-29544600-1477083557_thumb.jpg

Someone was coming down the road too fast and I didn't see them in their c class.

I didn't feel too much but I knew it wasn't good!

Had an estimate of £3000 for a new door, hinge, wing, sill, alloy refurb and removing a dent in the rear door. So just waiting for the insurance company to approve the work so I'm back on the road soon.

Oh no!

Was just reading this thread for the first time, the last post turned my stomach. That sill has taken a beating. Hopefully no suspension damage either, that wheel has taken a fair blow.

Just curious, how did a car built and (by the sounds of it) destined for Cyprus end up staying in the UK?

Are there any other specification anomalies aside from the smaller standard wheels?

• Like 1

I'm glad it ended up in the UK Roy, the smaller 17" Cyprus Spec wheels are now my Winter wheels for the 230.  

At least know one was hurt in Leon's accident, hopefully he will be back on the road soon with a shiny mended Vrs

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

I know it's a good job I asked for my own bodyshop too because it's a skoda approved bodyshop the 12 year warranty still stands. Otherwise fix auto would have only offered 3 years warranty on the work.

I think it was just sent to the UK and registered here instead of being sent to Cyprus

This was how it looked before the accident too :(

post-4851-0-39781600-1477133121_thumb.jpgpost-4851-0-06112900-1477133226_thumb.jpg

Oh no!

Was just reading this thread for the first time, the last post turned my stomach. That sill has taken a beating. Hopefully no suspension damage either, that wheel has taken a fair blow.

Just curious, how did a car built and (by the sounds of it) destined for Cyprus end up staying in the UK?

Are there any other specification anomalies aside from the smaller standard wheels?

• Like 1

Hopefully it'll be back on the road soon!!

Never know how quick insurance companies authorise work as it's the first time I've done a claim in 7 years when I wrote my old 2.0 Fabia off!

I'm glad it ended up in the UK Roy, the smaller 17" Cyprus Spec wheels are now my Winter wheels for the 230.  

At least know one was hurt in Leon's accident, hopefully he will be back on the road soon with a shiny mended Vrs

Ouch, sorry to hear! Hope all is sorted quickly and pain free!

Those new wheels definitely make a big difference to the styling though. Look forward to updates on this once you're back on the road.

:)

• Like 1

Leon is your car at Burnett cars? Might nip over and have a look as it's not that far away. Ad says it's done 80k but I thought yours had done more?

Hi Paul it might be? I think it's still on the H&R springs I put on when I traded it in! I did leave the original ones in the boot too. It was 81k when I finished with it roughly.

I never did get round to codeing the steering wheel either!

Leon is your car at Burnett cars? Might nip over and have a look as it's not that far away. Ad says it's done 80k but I thought yours had done more?

I hope it's done soon too! I'd like to wrap the roof next but will wait and see when I get it back.

Just counting down the days now for insurance to approve the work! Hopefully not too long?!

Ouch, sorry to hear! Hope all is sorted quickly and pain free!

Those new wheels definitely make a big difference to the styling though. Look forward to updates on this once you're back on the road.

:)

I forgot to say it's missing the vrs button, but I can still pull it into sport mode in the dsg stick. Extras are spare wheel, illuminated footwells, columbus stereo,full leather interior from what I can gather.

Oh no!

• Like 1

Only just noticed you'd got rid of the Superb, Leon. So jumped over here to check out the vRS.

Accident damage aside (hopefully it'll be repaired soon) it looking really good - strange looking at first, perhaps that's the smaller alloys but now you've got the better alloys on (same as my Superb so good choice!).

Any more plans?

Old one is still for sale by the looks of things: http://www.burnettcars.co.uk/skoda-superb-elegance-v6-dsg-in-chorely-lancashire-6090313

Would the Epic Bentley wheels not have fitted the Octavia Vrs ?

Skoda on Bentley wheels, I ask you........................worth more than the car..... :giggle:    :kiss:

Better than Bentley on Skoda wheels!

• Like 1