Leon's mk3 Octavia vRS hatch 220 TSI DSG

Leon-y-k

Yeah they look totally different on 17" alloys. I don't think the bentley rims would have suited it to be fair. I struggled finding wheels that might of looked "ok" apart from genuine Skoda wheels. It was either these or the Xtrem's!

I've received the quote for all the work needed I'm glad it's just the excess I have to pay. :o

Only just noticed you'd got rid of the Superb, Leon. So jumped over here to check out the vRS.

Accident damage aside (hopefully it'll be repaired soon) it looking really good - strange looking at first, perhaps that's the smaller alloys but now you've got the better alloys on (same as my Superb so good choice!).

Any more plans?

Old one is still for sale by the looks of things: http://www.burnettcars.co.uk/skoda-superb-elegance-v6-dsg-in-chorely-lancashire-6090313

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

WOOP! New wheels are on, their a different offset so they sit nicely in the arches. I went for 235 x 35 x 19" tyres aswell. The rear looks a little lower because the othere wheels are in the boot.

The ride difference really hasn't changed much to be fair. I think the superb rode much harder on 19" than the new Octavia.

I know some people might not like them but I do, maybe the next bit is to get the roof wrapped in black?

attachicon.gifedited_20160930_182219.jpgattachicon.gifedited_20160930_182226.jpgattachicon.gifedited_20160930_192902.jpgattachicon.gif20160930_182201.jpgattachicon.gif20160930_182020.jpg

Those wheels are so much better than the horrible ones it came with..  :D  :thumbup:

Did you have any queries from insurer about the origin of car, cars on sale from motor point are Cypriot imports and although they only have 2yr warranty instead of 3 there was talk of insurance companies being 'awkward' with so called imports due to differing spec as some didn't even have alarm but like yours have columbus and leather

Edited by dsj20v

Hi no I didn't have any problems at all. As far as anyone is concerned it's registered here in the UK as a UK car. The warranty is 5 years through skoda. They confirmed that when I called Skoda UK before I purchased the car. :)

Did you have any queries from insurer about the origin of car, cars on sale from motor point are Cypriot imports and although they only have 2yr warranty instead of 3 there was talk of insurance companies being 'awkward' with so called imports due to differing spec as some didn't even have alarm but like yours have columbus and leather

• 2 months later...

The Cypriot spec cars are a bit different to the UK ones.  In some respects better (Columbus, Leather, footwell lighting) but in others no so (no seat heating, lane assist, drive mode selection, smaller wheels...in some cases no OEM alarm).

An extended family member bought a rather nice Golf GTI PP from Motorpoint, really nice car and paid reasonable money for it but there are some spec differences for sure.  The funniest is that his has 19" Santiagos with the sunroof....that is not possible here in the UK due to CO2 emissions.

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2017 at 12:16, Chatstar123 said:

Hi Leon how are the wheels on your car. I've been looking at some wheels for my vrs with same size and offset as yours and would like to know if you've had any rubbing issues at all. Thanks

Hi Chris, no issues with rubbing at all. I think the Superb alloys have a larger off set so they fill the arches a little more rather than sitting in too far!

IMG_0026.JPGIMG_0027.JPGI should really start getting a few mods but not sure where to start... I think it'll look good slightly lower and I've been thinking of a splitter and diffuser! For now I took a couple of shots from my evening drive tonight. :) 

Edited by Leon-y-k
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, vrsadz said:

Nice vrs like the pressed plates really suit the car.  Where did you get them done 

Thanks, I got the plates done from a seller on eBay. Pretty good value too I think I paid about £17 including postage! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2017 at 21:50, Leon-y-k said:

Thanks, I got the plates done from a seller on eBay. Pretty good value too I think I paid about £17 including postage! 

On 02/04/2017 at 21:50, Leon-y-k said:

Love these plates Leon , are they normal size? Or is the front plate  width smaller? You couldn't tell me who the seller on eBay was? As I like! I buy!! Thanks.)

• Like 1

Just now, p5stokes said:

Love these plates Leon , are they normal size? Or is the front plate  width smaller? You couldn't tell me who the seller on eBay was? As I like! I buy!! Thanks.)

Oh and I think your car is ace! Just sayin....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

They're normal size as far as I know! I just searched pressed plates on eBay and found one with free postage! I think it's just a guy who makes them in his garage from home. Happy with the quality to be fair and they came with the adhesive pads. :)

1 minute ago, Leon-y-k said:

They're normal size as far as I know! I just searched pressed plates on eBay and found one with free postage! I think it's just a guy who makes them in his garage from home. Happy with the quality to be fair and they came with the adhesive pads. :)

Cool, can you remember who the seller was? And do they have his name on and postcode in big or little letters? Just some are more noticeable and stand out more than others, I'm after these letters as small as possible. Sorry for being a pain...

16 hours ago, p5stokes said:

Cool, can you remember who the seller was? And do they have his name on and postcode in big or little letters? Just some are more noticeable and stand out more than others, I'm after these letters as small as possible. Sorry for being a pain...

Plates now ordered! Ebay£16.49 delivered! Happy days.....

• Like 1

On 2017-5-27 at 14:58, p5stokes said:

Plates now ordered! Ebay£16.49 delivered! Happy days.....

Hello mate, sorry I didn't get round to replying! That sounds like a bargain :)