Dealer Price - Adblue

Sk1

Wow, just rung local Skoda dealer to find a cost for topping of adblue. Cost = £35. Flippin eck! It's not even just a charge for the adblue but seems to be extra on top. Anybody had adblue topped at their dealer?

If you dont want to pay somebody to top it up then can you not buy it & top it up yourself? I could see a dealer topping it up for free if the car was in for a service but why should they do it for free? Some may as  goodwill for existing customers.

I thought VAG had decreed that dealerships could only charge a maximum of £1.50 per litre (or a similarly low number) for AdBlue, all inclusive? Either way, compared to diesel/petrol costs, £35 for 7,500 miles average isn't too bad. I did notice the supermarkets have started selling litre bottles of AdBlue for £8 each. Talk about taking advantage of a desperation buy when someone gets caught short.  :D

Believe me, it's no different to filling up with diesel. Find an adblue garage and top up. I paid 69.9ppl, cost me £8.65.

+1

I wouldn't ask the dealer to fill the car up with fuel either, do it yourself at the (HGV) pumps for a fraction of the cost.

• Like 3

i got them to stick a 10 litre bottle in the boot when i took delivery of mine as i am about 40 miles from the dealer. From memory it was c.£19 for the 10 litres. I need refill again in the next couple of weeks and i've been looking at service stations which have it on pump as i heard it was meant to be 50% the price of diesel, so around £0.60 a litre. Typically i passed one the other night whilst i was late so i couldn't stop and find out.

Having just been on Europarts web site I looked at Adblue prices £33 for 10l. Thinking that's expensive searched Google for the same product "Greenchem Adblue 10l" Interesting price variation redhorsevale.co.uk in Warwickshire £15 for 2 x 10l (collect price) and Halfords £20 1 x 10l.  Google retrieves info from the pages in the results and this is the Europarts result:

Greenchem Adblue 10Ltr - Euro Car Parts
Adblue 10Ltr at the lowest UK prices from Euro Car Parts UK's No.1 for Car Accessories, Car Styling & Car Care. Buy today Online, In store or by Phone + ...

Update; adblue topped up, took 14 litres in total and range shows 7000 miles, would have thought it would be more. Going to try adblue at the pumps next time.

Much easier and probably cheaper. I put 12.37 litres in mine and range shows 9000 miles.

Just like to know if this wet system is similar to mk1 2.00 LTr with 6speed box whitch topped up in boot

Sorry, can't answer you as this is the first experience of adblue I have had.

Just like to know if this wet system is similar to mk1 2.00 LTr with 6speed box whitch topped up in boot

No, DPF additive and AdBlue is a different thing.

The fluid in the MK1 is iron filings in a solution that heat up and burn the soot in the DPF (as its too far from the engine for fueling changes to do it).

AdBlue is a urea solution that reduces oxides of nitrogen.

Shocked to read the massive price difference of adblue,just for information VW and Skoda dealers sell the adblue in 5ltr and 10ltr and the also sell a hose to fill it which stops overfilling and also stops you spilling any on body as its corrosive to the bodywork when it crystalises,the 10ltr is about £13 and the pipe is part number 000012499 about £8 (I think) so don't be paying any silly prices.