Garmin PID on 64 plate

pege63

Hi,

Got PID on my car and use a 32GB card for music.

Have had some issues with uneven volume which seems to relate to music from the SD card, had it in to be looked at but was told no problems could be identified. Have since got used to it but of late I have had issues where the display freezes, tend to have it in car info mode most of the time. Screen goes dim with no data showing.  Also have times when music (SD card) just stop, gain seems ot freeze.

Also have had speed warning from sat nav even with the program shut down (real pain, only solved htis by opening nav, set volume to mute and then shut it down again).  Downloaded latest software so its up to date. Contact points (x 2) on cradle are clean too.

Car is under warranty so should have no real issue there, just want to hear if anyone else have had problems before I make a call to Skoda.

Have you removed the mount itself and checked the connections? I have had asomething similar once or twice, but rarely - and its been down to being not mounted properly, so thats where I would focus.

Also the SD card needs to be a good quality and high speed as they seem to stuggle with anything sub standard

• 2 weeks later...

Have had some issues with uneven volume which seems to relate to music from the SD card, had it in to be looked at but was told no problems could be identified.

Have you ripped the music yourself? Some players (the PID doesn't seem to have any options) can read embedded tag information and use this to adjust the volume to be consistent across an album, or as individual tracks. It's called replay gain. Bad rips or tags can lead to tracks being played at apparently very different levels. I gave up with having music on a card and now use the Bluetooth audio connection to play tracks from my phone. It's less audiophile but then the Citigo isn't the best listening environment to begin with!