Skoda Emissions Software Update/Increase in Fuel Consumption!

patmufc

I would tell everyone that they should NOT have it done. You are right with the what you are saying though. Mine is sluggish drinks more fuel. I brought this car for towing purposes when I'm towing I was getting 42 to the gallon now since it has had the fix I'm down to 30 to the gallon. I've been back to skoda to have it looked at but they say nothing can be done. I'm still not a happy bunny. It's going to cost me £250 to get it put right but not with skoda 

I've had a couple of quotes from different garages. You can not just Remap it and that's what a lot of garages are doing. A remap is 2 gig the fix is 4 gig from what I have been told. I'm trying to find out more information so I can keep people posted 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The main issue with the update is not really the fuel increase. It is the wear and tear on the emission system. Many drivers have already experienced failures in the regeneration system after the update. There is a real scandal brewing for VW group. There is a special facebook group for this topic. See also https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dieselgate/the-volkswagon-group-is-systematically-refunding-owners-for-egr-failures-after-the-emissions-fix

We had an EGR failure and if was repaired for free by the local Skoda dealer, but they did not elude to this being a general know issue. Found this out after doing a bit of research on the internet.

Edited by peterbr

16 hours ago, peterbr said:

We had an EGR failure and if was repaired for free by the local Skoda dealer

If it qualified under the VAG Groups "Trust Building Measure" then that is exactly what they should have done.

I am not saying it is a reason to have the fix but if you have done, these measures apply to EGR issues etc (they say "11 components within the exhaust gas recirculation system, the fuel injection system and the emissions after treatment system: lambda probe, temperature sensor, EGR changeover valve, exhaust gas recirculation valve, exhaust gas recirculation pressure differential sensor, injector, high pressure pump, fuel rail, pressure control valve, pressure sensor, high pressure pipelines) for 24 months post "fix".

If you haven't seen it yet then other site members have posted it on threads but for completeness, you can view here: Skoda "Trust Building Measure" for post fix vehicles

The 24 months is a bit of a joke really, I think it should be 24 months or 50,000 miles (whichever is reached last) or something like that, otherwise people who don't drive high mileage may well get lots of failures outside of warranty. It's really not cool.

• Like 2