The New Arrival

WaveyDavey

Those seats do look good, I was thinking of going for the dynamic interior when I spec'ed my car but there simply weren't any real-life examples of what it looked like, it must be a really rare option (maybe the dealer got it at no cost as Skoda needed to use the cloth up).

• Like 1

How is that Garmin unit mounted?

It's the PID that comes as standard on the Monte Carlo, Colour Edition and SE L models. It mounts onto the connector that is below the blanking plate on the top of the dash in all the Citigo cars.

Just been around the car in the bright sunshine for the first time and they've made a right pigs ear of polishing it prior to delivery. Already has some fine swirls!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to get the polish out sooner than I had expected.

Well I've done a little bit of digging this afternoon and found out the following about the car....

Using the Skoda app I've found that the car was built 5/5/16 and was then PDI'd by the dealer at another one of it's showrooms on 6/6/16. But the car wasn't registered till we got it on Friday. So I reckon it has been sat on display in one of the dealer's other showrooms (The one that it was PDI'd at).

This would explain the marks we found under the passenger side mirror and the general swirls as it will have had 3 months of having customers walking around it (Causing the marks on the door) and also three months of being dusted/wiped over by the cleaners etc..... (Causing the swirls). This could also explain why it has the upgraded interior and dashboard

The mileage also fits in with this as when it had the PDI it was shown as 6km (so approx. 3.5 miles). When we drove it away it had 22 miles on the clock.... We gave it around a 6 to 7 mile test drive last week and the distance between the two dealerships is around the 10 mile mark so accounts for the remainder.

Finally as can be seen in the attached picture the car also had the black model name plastic plates on the front and rear when we first saw it... (The typical VAG group ones that say Citigo... Fabia... Octavia Scout... etc, etc....) Which also points to it having been in a showroom.

None of this was mentioned to us at any point during the sale, and to be honest other than the couple of marks which are being dealt with by them in a week or so and the swirls i've noticed today when the sun was shining on the car it is great. If you then put into the equation that she has got the extra options included at no cost rather than the £550 they should have been and the deal she has got is saving her just under £650 over the three and a half years compared to the advertised offer it means she is approx. £1200 better off.....

So a £1200 saving but i'll have to give the car a bit more of a polish than I would have expected.

post-9093-0-71587900-1474828342_thumb.jpg

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

What's the Skoda app? I'd like to know about why my car had 52 miles on the clock when I got it brand new..

My car had more than that. I think in the case of mine it's PDI'd off site and mine was driven back. Was slightly annoying at the time but doesn't really matter

What's the Skoda app? I'd like to know about why my car had 52 miles on the clock when I got it brand new..

The iPad app is called Skoda Manual and the similar app for the iPhone is called Skoda Service. Although I believe they are also available on android.

Once installed you enter the VIN number of the car and it then gives you the build date and first registration date along with an electronic version of the owner's manual and other general info.

With the Citigo it also gives me the date it was PDId but it doesn't give this with the Superb so it's either something new or the info wasn't available for the Superb.

The iPad app is called Skoda Manual and the similar app for the iPhone is called Skoda Service. Although I believe they are also available on android.

Once installed you enter the VIN number of the car and it then gives you the build date and first registration date along with an electronic version of the owner's manual and other general info.

With the Citigo it also gives me the date it was PDId but it doesn't give this with the Superb so it's either something new or the info wasn't available for the Superb.

Cheers Dave, I've downloaded a Skoda Service which asks for the vin and sounds similar to what you've explained, will have a look :)

• Like 1

So...   it's a "colour edition" without any colour given it's black all over...   ???

Strange...   As per others I like the interior but not the outside - just can't get my head round those dark wheels...   sorry!

PS - should I now be on the lookout for this near me at work instead of the Fabia???

Edited by skomaz

So...   it's a "colour edition" without any colour given it's black all over...   ???

Strange...   As per others I like the interior but not the outside - just can't get my head round those dark wheels...   sorry!

PS - should I now be on the lookout for this near me at work instead of the Fabia???

Black and a bit of white..... ;)

My personal favourite was white but the Mrs likes black cars..... Her third one now. :)

And yep it's replaced the Mrs' vRS. :)

At launch I found it mildly amusing that 50% of the Colour Edition colours consist of black and white, and that's still the case. Doesn't say much for the imagination of SUK's marketing department.

Edited by Citigopher

Put in the VIN number of My old Citigo and it tells Me to try again later.

Mine wasn't found :D :D

Strangely if I try and add the Citigo to the Skoda Manual app on my iPad I get the error message saying it cannot be found and to try again later but I have added it fine in the Skoda Service app on my iPhone.

Saw this in the flesh yesterday... Looks better than in the photos although I'm still not convinced on the black wheels but that may just be me...

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

lol.... She'll eventually get you converted to the dark side..... :D

The only choice she had was the body colour.... Black, white, red or apple green. The black wheels and windows are standard on the colour edition.

What did you reckon to the gloss white dashboard??? It's growing on me now I've seen it a few times etc....

Edited by WaveyDavey

lol.... She'll eventually get you converted to the dark side..... :D

The only choice she had was the body colour.... Black, white, red or apple green. The black wheels and windows are standard on the colour edition.

What did you reckon to the gloss white dashboard??? It's growing on me now I've seen it a few times etc....

Thought the gloss white was good - just lifts the interior a bit.  Not sure what it will be like for reflections at night and in the sun but definitely better than gloss black.!

• 1 month later...

Replaced the interior light yesterday with one of the three bulb type with map lights. It came out of an Ibiza that had only done 20k miles and was in like new condition. Cost £20 delivered.

Replaced the three bulbs with LEDs and you can now see what you're doing when the light is on. :)

Nice quick 5 minute job from start to finish.

I have a set of vRS pedals obtained from another member on here for only the cost of postage but the Mrs currently wants the normal black diamond patterned covers leaving on as she likes how the diamond patterning matches the diamond quilting on the seats..... :notme:

I have some more LEDs for the boot light and the numberplate light....... Had a quick go but can't seem to get the numberplate light to come out of the bumper..... Am I missing something?