Mk2 fl Octavia vrs

Dave3283

Hi toyscrota, I got mine from Pashka on this site, have a look in the for sale section, the kit that Pashka supplied came with module, loom and mic, you can get the kit on e-bay but seem to be more expensive for a full kit or they are Chinese copies, I have seen the module for around £50 but you would then need the loom and mic

The only one he had at the time was a kit with a hardwired loom which required soldering into the loom at the back of the headunit rather than plug and play, another forum member Rustynuts fitted it for me as I am useless and don't have VCDS, he fitted the blutooth module behind the aircon unit for as thsi is far easier than trying to fit it under the drivers seat and feeding the wires under the carpet.

My advice would be get the plug and play loom, it will take a lot less time to fit, if you know what your doing and have VCDS its probably a 30min job with the hardest part being threading the loom round the back of the dash and up the A pillar to meet the mic which on my car fits behind the courtesy lights in the headlining.

Edited by Dave3283
  • Like 1

Hi toyscrota, I got mine from Pashka on this site, have a look in the for sale section, the kit that Pashka supplied came with module, loom and mic, you can get the kit on e-bay but seem to be more expensive for a full kit or they are Chinese copies, I have seen the module for around £50 but you would then need the loom and mic

The only one he had at the time was a kit with a hardwired loom which required soldering into the loom at the back of the headunit rather than plug and play, another forum member Rustynuts fitted it for me as I am useless and don't have VCDS, he fitted the blutooth module behind the aircon unit for as thsi is far easier than trying to fit it under the drivers seat and feeding the wires under the carpet.

My advice would be get the plug and play loom, it will take a lot less time to fit, if you know what your doing and have VCDS its probably a 30min job with the hardest part being threading the loom round the back of the dash and up the A pillar to meet the mic which on my car fits behind the courtesy lights in the headlining.

Hi Dave many thanks for your informative reply. Will keep an eye out for one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this is my ride for a couple of days.

The VRS is back with Pulman Skoda to sort out a couple of snagging issues I have with it.

Coolant leak - diagnosed as EGR cooler - replacement ordered under warranty.
Alarm Siren not sounding - New Alarm unit ordered under warranty.
Drivers door courtesy light In-op - New light unit ordered under warranty.

Roll on tomorrow night so I can get the VRS back.

post-96052-0-38401400-1478116668_thumb.jpg

Took a little road trip today to Whitby to see Local VCDS guru Mike Holroyd.

Mike has activated the following adaptations for me.

Big MPH in Maxidot.
Cornering fog lights.
DRL's Dim when indicating.
Anti Hijack.

Twin rear fog lights.

Big Thanks to Mike for his help and extensive knowledge.

post-96052-0-73912100-1478357053_thumb.jpg

post-96052-0-40779000-1478357054_thumb.jpg

Great to met up earlier, and glad I was able to help you out.

Before some of our colleagues get excited about the twin rear fog lights on the FL Octy, it needs mentioning that this can't be done with VCDS, and needs VCP to sort out,

Mike

Thanks again Mike, really nice to meet you and your wife.

Ah good spot, forgot to mention you used VCP to turn on the rear fogs.

• 1 month later...

I agree, no idea why Skoda set it up this way, surely it is easier to have both switched on than set up uk cars on the right and other countries on the left.

Mike pointed the option out to me when I went to see him about the other adaptions, it had not crossed my mind before to have them switched on, altough now I think it's kind of cool as most other fl Octavias don't have it.

Your mission should be to get the missus to MAKE the brew when the take-a-break symbol activates!

Remember to activate it before you set off as it switches itself off - would be interested to learn how long it takes to come on. I'm never in the car long enough to try it!

Mike

im off back to leicester from bridlington today,its around 2.5 hrs so im going to do it non stop and see if it activates. i checked the car earlier and its still ticked in maxidot.

• 3 weeks later...

And these arrived yesterday  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Big thanks to Damian at DPM for the quick delivery.

Full set of Bilstein B4 Sport Dampers, Just awaiting a set of Eibach Pro springs to arrive and phase 2 of my mini project can start :D

post-96052-0-08677800-1483788872_thumb.jpg

post-96052-0-57321500-1483788880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave3283

Couple of quick updates.

As I pulled onto my drive this morning I noticed that The VRS has reached the Mileage of the Beast LOL  :D  :D  :D

how are you enjoying the car so far?

i usually change once a year and this is the first car ive decided to keep, well passed it on too the mrs  :D .

i am still impressed by the car a year on and wouldnt hesitate to buy another skoda (although i didnt).

i have not had one single issue in 18k and although i fitted every option i possibly could the level of equipment is that of a 40k car now,if it was possible to retrofit as much stuff on the newer models id be doing it al over again.

Edited by tubbytommy

I absolutely love it, It has been in my possession now for just over 3 months and it has firmly cemented itself as the best car I have owned so far.

My last car was an Octavia but only a ambient 2.0tdi 140 PD and I think My next car will be another Octavia, probably a MK3 VRS.

I have been watching your thread closely as I wish I had the knowledge ( and balls lol) to carry out some of the retrofits you have, the spec of you car is outstanding.

Next steps for my car is the suspension with a 20mm drop which will include what is in my mind the best upgrade you can do to any car a hunter 4 way wheel alignment.

then later this year a custom stage 1 remap to take the car to around 200 -210bhp and pull some of the torque down the rev range so it feels more like my old PD, it will also remove the VAG emissions fix, although I have found no ill effects from having it done.

I absolutely love it, It has been in my possession now for just over 3 months and it has firmly cemented itself as the best car I have owned so far.

My last car was an Octavia but only a ambient 2.0tdi 140 PD and I think My next car will be another Octavia, probably a MK3 VRS.

I have been watching your thread closely as I wish I had the knowledge ( and balls lol) to carry out some of the retrofits you have, the spec of you car is outstanding.

Next steps for my car is the suspension with a 20mm drop which will include what is in my mind the best upgrade you can do to any car a hunter 4 way wheel alignment.

then later this year a custom stage 1 remap to take the car to around 200 -210bhp and pull some of the torque down the rev range so it feels more like my old PD, it will also remove the VAG emissions fix, although I have found no ill effects from having it done.

all the knowledge has been gained in the year ive had the car from basically reading briskoda and asking a few helpful people via p.m.

prior to buying the skoda ive never seen,heard of or used vcds.

my problem is im a fiddler and as soon as i see things i think "ill try to do that" luckily so far all has gone well.

im interested in how you find the remap as its something ii'm considering and cant do myself.

Edited by tubbytommy