Move&fun iPhone app

Bobbitch

after reading these latest threads i've come up with some answers and tips to get this very badly written skoda app to work. So first i use a LG G5 android phone and have set it to auto connect using google smart settings this worked for a while but the app just couldn't understand what the phone was trying to do so i've disabled that now Note there was a small update to the app  now Version1.12 build 7 but it wasn't very informative as to what the difference are

So this is what i do now

1. put the phones bluetooth on

2.start the car and wait for it to find the skoda Bluetooth connection and connect phone there is a usb hole at the back of the bracket and i've threaded through

3. launch the move n fun app 

ive also found the sound settings and tweaked them thanks to a tip from this group

if all else fails you can use google maps via a enhanced driver friendly app called ANDROID AUTO. as far as playing music from the phone you will need to select TRANSFER FILES in the usb options shown on your phone as normally a phone will just charge and not transfer the media. i will try and attach a screen shot of options required for music to be played from the phone ,do note however that MP3 and other tracks can only be selected from the phone memory and not an extra micro SD you may have in your phone  note i'm still learning myself and if i find out anything else i will share and conversely i will keep an eye out here too there is still NO answer to the 49.9 mpg issue and today i noticed that on the "since started" screen it will reset it self to zero at 20hrs!!! phew that is it

Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-17-33.png

Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-17-46.png

Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-18-02.png

Had an e-mail from Skoda today....

"Dear Owen,

please reinstall the app on your phone to enable the maps download. ( I had already done this)

We are just working on the indication of consumption.

Best regards,

Vladimír Černohorský  

Vladimír Černohorský

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

Mobilní aplikace a infotainmenty

email: [email protected]"

At least they acknowledge it now!!

• Like 1

On 09/03/2017 at 18:18, McTaff said:

Had an e-mail from Skoda today....

"Dear Owen,

please reinstall the app on your phone to enable the maps download. ( I had already done this)

We are just working on the indication of consumption.

Best regards,

Vladimír Černohorský  

Vladimír Černohorský

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

email: [email protected]"

At least they acknowledge it now!!

hooray but i wonder what the time frame will be !!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

as you can see i got the same response i wonder if there will be any changes when the MY18 starts arriving, and on a point of sadness my car was scrapped in a car park the other day, luckily person was honest and waited for me to return. insurance job of course, it doesnt take much to push the front wing in, even though at first glance it was the front corner :o

Dear Mr clem,

Thank you for your request.

Please be patient, we are just working on the indication of consumption.

Best regards,

Vladimír Černohorský  

Vladimír Černohorský

ŠKODA AUTO Help Desk

email: [email protected]

Edited by clem747

Wouldn't you believe it,the map has downloaded !.Reinstaled the app went down to the car connected every thing up and still no joy,came back into the house and the UK map was downloading,took about 10 minutes but has worked this time.Have tried downloading in the car with the Bluetooth connection and in the house by itself and was a waste of time,has worked this time for some strange reason.I give up!.

4 hours ago, leckman said:

Wouldn't you believe it,the map has downloaded !.Reinstaled the app went down to the car connected every thing up and still no joy,came back into the house and the UK map was downloading,took about 10 minutes but has worked this time.Have tried downloading in the car with the Bluetooth connection and in the house by itself and was a waste of time,has worked this time for some strange reason.I give up!.

mine has stopped working altogether now will have to delete from phone delete bluetooth profile from swing radio. its a nightmare my phone connects fine, i can play music, and answer the phone but the skoda move n fun says NO bluetooth connection this app has more bugs than london zoo I will i believe resort to android auto on my phone

Skoda should be embarrassed putting this app out with so many glitches,I had to reinstall the other day because instead of the rev counter/water temp readout I had two rev counters side by side!.

Each display panel are changeable by swiping your finger however ive deleted the app and await update notification on this group or via the skoda Czech developers as myself and others have received the

"please by patient we are working on the consumption" all in all bloody awfull. there car it's self is great but the basic sat nav in a cheap Citroen C1 etc actually works better

Edited by clem747

7 hours ago, leckman said:

See what you mean by swiping across to change the displays will save Me some hassle in the future.

yeah i only found it by accident im currently driving a courtesy car brand new fiesta there more buttons on the centre dashboard than my ol mums biscuit tin BUT the sat nav works!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Last update I had was "After a lot of too-ing & fro-ing, I have been informed that your model phone isn't fully compatible with the Move & Fun app. I have been informed that unfortunately the technology which makes certain phones compatible, lies with the phone manufacturers themselves, not the app systems, which is why Skoda are unable to create a fix on this. 

I can only apologise for the length of time this has taken to reach an answer".

Have informed them I totally disagree as there was no mention of phone compatability when I bought the car and the android version I run in ahead of what they said I needed. 

Think I'll start e-mailing Autocar, Whatcar etc. and see what I can find out.

Once this car has served it's purpose will never buy another Skoda from Startin Group. 

On 3/7/2017 at 20:08, SimonAudi said:

Hi

You can download the music onto a SD Card and slot that into the radio

That leaves the USB free to charge your phone.

Where's the SD card slot?

Lol, so Skoda are saying the app is incompatible with every android phone and there is nothing they can do about it? Utter b0ll0cks, they are simply too lazy to get it sorted as not enough people have complained....