Official Recalls on some Mk3 Superbs. Not Skoda Service Campaigns.

Rooted

Sorry if there are already posts but i have not spotted them.

Just bringing these Recalls to anyone's attention that might have a vehicle from the production

that should be in for Safety Recall Actions but has not been contacted.

Has anyone had an Official  Letter recalling their Superb for the possible Electrical Fault or Sunroof fault?

Or been in for the remedial work?

http://gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled

Skoda 'Recall Actions' (Service Campaign  checker.)

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

• Like 1

I think it has been mentioned on Briskoda about the Sunroofs on the Superb, something about Closing the Sunroof by holding the ' Lock Button "on the key fob, is a Safety issue, It would continue to close if a child/person was in the way.

Is that the recall your talking about George ?

That is 1 of the Recalls.  The other is an electrical issue that May cause a vehicle to cut out.

That is why i linked the DVSA checker so that you can see the Recall no. and Dates of Production & the VIN Series.

• Like 1

That is 1 of the Recalls.  The other is an electrical issue that May cause a vehicle to cut out.

That is why i linked the DVSA checker so that you can see the Recall no. and Dates of Production & the VIN Series.

i remember seeing a post early on about the potential electrical fault, it was to make sure that a particular multi-plug under the dashboard was correctly pushed together so that the locking clips were engaged, if I remember correctly it only affected the cars built very early on in the Superb 3 life-cycle.  

• Like 2

Well Build Start Date 1/5/2015 - 1/12/2015 & the Recall was launched 23rd December 2015.

That is thew point of the DVSA Website so that people do not need to remember and Registered Keepers are informed and the Safety Critical Recall carried out.

It's not a recall here in Ireland but classed as a 'software update' when you take it in for a service, I declined the sunroof fix as I like the feature so just had to sign a waver form

There is a DVSA Safety Recall in the UK as on their website, so has this now been cancelled to just a Skoda UK Service Campaign?

Edited by Offski

My early build L&K got a recall in Feb for the connector behind the glove box. No problem found. But got a full valet for the inconveneience. Car was in for 90 minutes and most of that was the wash and blow dry! Was a specific Skoda letter/recall though.

Edited by Brockysuperb

That is who sends out the letter, the difference is that it is not just the Contact Details from the Skoda / VW Data base on owners or keepers that is used.

As in 'Service Campaign / Actions'

(For the Defeat Device removal the UK Government have an arrangement with the VW Group that Registered Keepers details are given by the DVLA 

to the VW Group even though it is not a Safety Recall, the same as happened with the DQ200 DSG Service Campaign that was not a Recall.)

As a Safety Recall which came about from Skoda contacting the DVSA they have 'All Registered Keepers Contact Details' as supplied by the DVLA because of the DVSA Safety Recall.

Or should have.

Edited by Offski

• 3 months later...

Just had mine in for a service and to investigate why the windscreen has been fogging up so badly.

Apparently there is a recall for a door seal. Anyone know anything further - bit miffed because they've not managed to do the recall work, despite seemingly knowing it was needed, so all they've done is the first service and the car's still not going to be back until 6pm.

14 hours ago, Tangent said:

Just had mine in for a service and to investigate why the windscreen has been fogging up so badly.

Apparently there is a recall for a door seal. Anyone know anything further - bit miffed because they've not managed to do the recall work, despite seemingly knowing it was needed, so all they've done is the first service and the car's still not going to be back until 6pm.

That will be the front door seal, most commonly the driver's door, catching against the rear door seal when the front door is opened. This can lead to the chrome trim of the rear door being forced out of its mounting.

It is a service update that should be checked when a car is brought to the dealer. From other posts (and there are many) it appears that if the chrome strip is not damaged then the rubber door seals need to be relocated and re-glued but if the chrome strip is damaged then the chrome strip should also be replaced. Due to the number of cars affected it seems the chrome strips are in short supply.

As an early adopter mine manifested before it became a known issue and when I took it to the dealer to be sorted someone from Škoda actually took an interest and insisted the seals and trim on both doors be replaced.

Edited by BillyJim
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BillyJim said:

That will be the front door seal, most commonly the driver's door, catching against the rear door seal when the front door is opened. This can lead to the chrome trim of the rear door being forced out of its mounting.

It is a service update that should be checked when a car is brought to the dealer. From other posts (and there are many) it appears that if the chrome strip is not damaged then the rubber door seals need to be relocated and re-glued but if the chrome strip is damaged then the chrome strip should also be replaced. Due to the number of cars affected it seems the chrome strips are in short supply.

As an early adopter mine manifested before it became a known issue and when I took it to the dealer to be sorted someone from Škoda actually took an interest and insisted the seals and trim on both doors be replaced.

Thanks for the info. Skoda dropped the car off just before 6pm (so in line with what they said) then asked if they could pick it up again this morning at 7.30am. Just got into work at 7.20 to find the guy ready and waiting. Good job so far.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Wagon said:

Ive just had a "window frame campaign" done on mine at its second service ... anyone know what its about??

Probably to check the rubber trim around the windows, its a common issues that it either starts coming off, or an overlap at the door top starts one door pulling the trim off the other.

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Guys, last week  booked a hour in our local dealer and the lady who was speaking with me said that there is an official recall for the electronic brake system. Checked the official site against the VIN of the car but there are no announcements about anything similar.

Anyone know what is the change in the software related to brake?

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 22:50, Samo78 said:

Pick up the car after s/w update of the electric handbrake and AC. So far no difference.

The dealer could not explain what was the "fix" for handbrake fixing...

Had that done recently. The official reason: it might have released unexpectedly at some (was not specified which) gradient levels.