Magazine featured mk3 octavia vrs estate 390bhp

Ant-Vrs

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good Ant. I've just replaced my Fabia vRS MK2 with a Octavia vRS MK3 so really enjoying your post. Done a few very simple mods to mine but disappointed by the sound especially compared to the MK2 Octavia vRS I've had previously. Can I ask where you got the vwr r600 induction kit from & how much it was?

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 22:01, ja007 said:

Looking good Ant. I've just replaced my Fabia vRS MK2 with a Octavia vRS MK3 so really enjoying your post. Done a few very simple mods to mine but disappointed by the sound especially compared to the MK2 Octavia vRS I've had previously. Can I ask where you got the vwr r600 induction kit from & how much it was?

Thanks buddy for the comments I got the vwr r600 off ebay. They come up for sale every now and then. I went for that one because I've used vwr before on my mk2 fabia vrs and it's made from the same plastic so it looks oem.

Bad news on the carbon update. I went down today and they said it would be too hard to do with it being the cup edition diffuser and also they would have been to many cuts and joins in it. Now I'm unsure on what to do. It's either hydro dipping in carbon or just painted in black magic 

20 hours ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Bad news on the carbon update. I went down today and they said it would be too hard to do with it being the cup edition diffuser and also they would have been to many cuts and joins in it. Now I'm unsure on what to do. It's either hydro dipping in carbon or just painted in black magic 

You got any other Carbon on the car? 

Personally I'd go black magic, but that's just me 

• Like 1

Go for a gloss carbon effect with hydrodipp. There is great variety now and the carbon prints look very realistic.

A member from the forum posted pics a while back on the facebook page when he did his interior trim and I was seriously impressed.

From what I gather he did it himself, the company he works for does hydrodipping etc.

Check out the bt-design.cz page and have a look at the carbon trims they got. They really suit white vehicles.

09666f61083393df5bc8fcf87e763def.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 11:13, JaminWales said:

You got any other Carbon on the car? 

Personally I'd go black magic, but that's just me 

No I haven't. Just wanted something different 

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 06:13, 66vRS said:

+1 on black magic, that's what I'm painting my cup edition diffuser 

Make sure you post a picture of it

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 07:34, 32KOFDATA said:

Go for a gloss carbon effect with hydrodipp. There is great variety now and the carbon prints look very realistic.

A member from the forum posted pics a while back on the facebook page when he did his interior trim and I was seriously impressed.

From what I gather he did it himself, the company he works for does hydrodipping etc.

Check out the bt-design.cz page and have a look at the carbon trims they got. They really suit white vehicles.

09666f61083393df5bc8fcf87e763def.jpg

I've seen some carbon dipped stuff and it looks ****... I think black magic it'll be. 

I didn't think bt design did the mk3 octavia 

So some more things have turned up for the car that I'm not modifying

I've got the neuspeed hi flo intercooler pipe and Apr boost pipes. Also I've got coming is the Apr coolant hose, mod you can do when running a induction kit.

I've also went to tps to get the manifold cover so the engine bay looks alot better.

I've started to prime the diffuser too

20170204_153851.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/4/2017 at 10:10, Ant-Vrs said:

No I haven't. Just wanted something different 

Make sure you post a picture of it

I've seen some carbon dipped stuff and it looks ****... I think black magic it'll be. 

I didn't think bt design did the mk3 octavia 

No they haven't touched the MK3 yet  - wish I could I find the post of that guy to change your mind.

• Like 1

So through car as been back in to skoda for warranty work again with the same problems as before. The centre caps have started to pitter already after only a few months from being changed and I'm still getting the water in the front passenger side. It hasn't got sorted because they couldn't find the leak and they've got to order some more centre caps.

Also I've managed to get the gfb dv+ from the golf r/s3. I went for this one because if i change the turbo to a golf r one it'll fit both turbos. I ran one of these before on my mk2 fabia vrs and they was really good. The Apr coolant hose turned up as well but I ain't got the time to fit anything. 

20170210_182014.jpg

20170210_182026.jpg

On 10/02/2017 at 18:40, Ant-Vrs said:

So through car as been back in to skoda for warranty work again with the same problems as before. The centre caps have started to pitter already after only a few months from being changed and I'm still getting the water in the front passenger side. It hasn't got sorted because they couldn't find the leak and they've got to order some more centre caps.

Have they checked the rear washer feed under the A pillar trim ?

mine was really pinched by the A pillar trim from factory, noticed when I removed the trim to hardwire my Dashcam 

IMG_1425.JPG

6 hours ago, 66vRS said:

Have they checked the rear washer feed under the A pillar trim ?

mine was really pinched by the A pillar trim from factory, noticed when I removed the trim to hardwire my Dashcam 

IMG_1425.JPG

I don't use the rear wiper or washer as I've removed the wiper. They are puzzled by it but it should be going back in when they call me

• Like 1