Magazine featured mk3 octavia vrs estate 390bhp

Ant-Vrs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/12/2017 at 11:12, Ant-Vrs said:

So after waiting nearly 2 months for the strut brace which came in the wrong colour (blue) then had that changed it's finally on. Roll on 2018 for the other parts to arrive and be fitted 

IMG_20171224_110945_708.jpg

Having just read your thread from start to finish, it was really good to see where you went with the car and made it your own. Shame to see it’s gone now though.

Quick question though, is there any reason you wanted the red strut brace and didn’t fit the original blue one??

On 11/07/2020 at 23:53, SE20TD said:

Having just read your thread from start to finish, it was really good to see where you went with the car and made it your own. Shame to see it’s gone now though.

Quick question though, is there any reason you wanted the red strut brace and didn’t fit the original blue one??

Hope it was a good read. The blue wouldn't have matched the rest of the car. With it having the red stitching on the interior, read brake calipers, the brace tied in it all together 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ant-Vrs said:

Hope it was a good read. The blue wouldn't have matched the rest of the car. With it having the red stitching on the interior, read brake calipers, the brace tied in it all together 

Definitely, like the rest of your car builds, all good reads. 👍🏻 Though reading it hurts my bank account when i see all the things i’d like to do. 🤣

Cheers for getting back to me. 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 27/09/2018 at 15:09, shyVRS245 said:

Ant would like to thank you for inspiring me to take my car to stage 2 like I hinted back in April and the big day finally arrives on 23rd October so will let you know what it makes and post a graph. Exciting times ahead just hope my standard clutch can take it! Enjoy your car and will hope to get to meet you at sometime in the future, happy motoring.B)

Thinking of taking mine to stage 2, how did the clucth hold up? 

23 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

Thinking of taking mine to stage 2, how did the clucth hold up? 

Yeah after 2 track days and 29,000 miles when I sold it last December the clutch was  fine no slip at all despite having to deal with 517nm (380lb/ft) at 2,600rpm. Wheelspin in the wet in 3rd at 77mph wasn't much fun hence my switch to 4WD and no wheelspin in 9 months now so very happy.:)

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah after 2 track days and 29,000 miles when I sold it last December the clutch was  fine no slip at all despite having to deal with 517nm (380lb/ft) at 2,600rpm. Wheelspin in the wet in 3rd at 77mph wasn't much fun hence my switch to 4WD and no wheelspin in 9 months now so very 

Sounds good 👍 so am I right in saying that all that is required for stage 2 is downpipe, induction kit and sports cat? 

51 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

Sounds good 👍 so am I right in saying that all that is required for stage 2 is downpipe, induction kit and sports cat? 

The HJS 200 cell sports cat is built into the 3" downpipe, intercooler plus full stainless 3" exhaust (Milltek on mine) plus Airtec cone air filter. I only paid £120 for stage 2 remap as AmD supplied and fitted all the hardware at the same time so breakdown from memory was;

Exhaust £1,200

Downpipe £600

Intercooler (Airtec) £600

Airtec air filter £300

Stage 2 remap £120.

All prices include fitting and VAT (20%)

16 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

The HJS 200 cell sports cat is built into the 3" downpipe, intercooler plus full stainless 3" exhaust (Milltek on mine) plus Airtec cone air filter. I only paid £120 for stage 2 remap as AmD supplied and fitted all the hardware at the same time so breakdown from memory was;

Exhaust £1,200

Downpipe £600

Intercooler (Airtec) £600

Airtec air filter £300

Stage 2 remap £120.

All prices include fitting and VAT (20%)

My car is already stage one with just cat-back exhaust and sounds pretty sweet. Stage 1 is surprisingly fast, catches alot of cars out! Do you think stage 2 is worth investing into or should I just get an induction kit and be done. So hard to decide 🙈🙈

1 hour ago, hazzaardous said:

My car is already stage one with just cat-back exhaust and sounds pretty sweet. Stage 1 is surprisingly fast, catches alot of cars out! Do you think stage 2 is worth investing into or should I just get an induction kit and be done. So hard to decide 🙈🙈

The induction kit gives a nice sporty induction roar and with hindsight I should have kept mine at stage 1 which I believe is the sweet spot for any Vrs petrol or diesel and the best bang for pound with 302bhp and 467nm on my Vrs245.:nod:

• 4 weeks later...