Lukes Rallye Green Mk2 VRS

LukeHVRS

Hi all, been looking at the forums for a while now so its about time in joined in a little.

so back in January I became the owner of a 2011 MK2 Fabia VRS in Rallye Green, The car was completely standed when I got it and iv'e made a few changes since then

Changes made so far include:

• Stainless Cat-Back exhaust (Non-res) 
  • BC Racing Coilovers
  • H&R Rear anti roll bar
  • Carbon mirror covers
  • Smoothed front bumper
  • Carbon DSG paddles

Some of you may be aware of fellow member Ant-Vrs and his beaut White Fabia, since he's decided to split the car I took the opportunity to get a few bits from him that include:

• Forge front mount inter-cooler
  • Forge boost hoses
  • TMC Tuning box

Although I haven't had time to fit them yet, only had them a week

That's it for now, ill get around to uploading some pic's of the car, got a few from fitting different mods so ill get them on at some point as well

• Like 2

Decided to go with BC racing coil-overs, Went with the Polo9n option has they have the solid top mount for stiffness, the only difference with getting the Polo fitment is that the top mount is different from the Fabia MK2, mounting with three nuts rather than just the one on top of the rubber bushing, as the top mount fitment was slightly different a little modification to the strut towers needed to be made, three new holes needed to be drilled at each side to accommodate the solid top mounts, at this point some of you may be thinking "why would I drill holes in my car" but I can assure you that is is safe to do so, the same mod needs to be made to fit AirLift Slam Series struts for the lads that are running air ride

anyway heres some pics them getting fitted:

20160514_213819_zpsjkdrepnl.jpg

Here's a template that I made up for the new holes that needed to be drilled 

20160515_122556_zpswnteuqfy.jpg

20160521_130858_zpsgx6efxmn.jpg

20160521_150107_zpsmcr32ibv.jpg

Here's the finished product under the bonnet, as you can three new mounting holes drilled and the dampening control easy to access

20160521_173047_zpsk40of7hd.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good mate. Are you on the Mk2 Fabia VRS page on Facebook?

I was tempted with the BCs but stumped for the H&R Spings in the end.

I had coilovers on my last car (mk6 Fiesta ST) and it was a track day & daily driver and it was a bit too much for my liking.

Edited by S27VEJ
  • Like 1

Looking good mate. Are you on the Mk2 Fabia VRS page on Facebook?

I was tempted with the BCs but stumped for the H&R Spings in the end.

I had coilovers on my last car (mk6 Fiesta ST) and it was a track day & daily driver and it was a bit too much for my liking.

I wasn't on the page but I am now haha, just joined thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

I've had bcs before on an sti impreza and found then to be awful Chinese rubbish.

I hope you have more luck.

I'd be concerned drilling holes too.

Not had any issues with the BCs, ride really well and the build quality is far better than others that ive seen for the Fabia, different people have different opinions I suppose but been good so far for me 

Never posted a pic with the BCs on haha, better get one up

This was taken on a little trip over to France in June, went over to the VW Days show with a couple friends, hopeful with be returning next year with a little more to show off on the car

20160619_170326_zpsegsy5k7o.jpg

Edited by LukeHVRS
  • Like 1

Next up came the smooth bumper, wanted to delete the plate recess so that the car had a smoother/cleaner look when at shows, as I need the car during the week I purchased a new bumper to get smoothed and painted, managed to get a brand new genuine bumper from ebay for only £75, not bad in my opinion, Once it came I got it to the paint shop straight away

20160706_180508_zps4apnqsvs.jpg

The day I got it back from paint

20160806_104900_zpsinccdrsy.jpg

This was taken at a local meet once the bumper was fitted, at this point I also put a splitter on but it no longer exists after getting home one day to find half of it missing.

Picture was taken by a local guy "GR automotive photography" you should check him out, does some awesome rolling shots, be after some myself once the car is looking a little different  

20160821_214202_zpsu5iips02.png

Edited by LukeHVRS
  • Like 2

Ah right where are you based mate?

Do you have a link for the mirror Covers btw?

I am from around the Sheffield/Rotherham area buddy

Take a look at the superskoda site, the mirror caps should be on there

• Like 1