Octavia III Facelift

On 14 October 2017 at 22:15, themanwithnoaim said:

I had Alcantra in my elegance for 3-1/2 years without a problem 

Dunno WTF some of you guys use your car for that it could possible need leather for cleaning

The new seat materials look good. I picked leather on my MkIII preFL because I thought the cloth was shiny and looked as if it would wear or pull easily. The leather isn't top quality but after nearly 3 years it's not marked and at least you can clean grease or chocolate etc easily, which you couldn't do on the MkII VRS seats, which had a faux whitish suede material, that gradually became darker-dirtier no matter how much care you took. 

Been told today that my VRS TDI DSG is scheduled for production in week 45 which is two weeks from now. They estimate delivery in week 47 which is 20 weeks from order to delivery. I think these next four weeks are going to be longer than previous four months of waiting :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Liambobson said:

Picked her up last Wednesday, a genuine pleasure to drive.

Haven't had the chance to do a photo shoot yet as it has rained basically every single day since Wednesday and she is already dirty! :crying:

20171018_170036244.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAA Looks really good!  Cant wait to get mine!

3 hours ago, Pilotguy said:

I was at my local dealers for an MoT this lovely sunny Cornish morning and a lucky guy with his family was picking up his new Octavia vRS, stunning looking Combi in Rallye Green. The new look didn’t look at all out of place, but I still wish they’d left the front alone!!

C9FFB070-62E2-47B3-BBC9-E643BF75E01E.jpeg

Is that the facelift? Where's the split lights?

We did around 1100 miles this week, no disappointment or slightest bit of trouble; even the amundsen has finally and randomly pulled all of my phone contact details across. I've now covered 6k+ miles and whilst a remap or a box would undoubtedly give it a lot more grunt, I'm really impressed with its standard performance, and with the fake sound set to sport its not painful to wring it's neck! It's possibly going to be right up there as one of the best cars I've owned, I'm at a loss why you'd pay extra for the Audi badge, let alone the VW one. 

Glad to see most are getting used to the front lights. Looking back at this forum from 2013 many were initially not keen on the O3. Personally I'm quite pleased it's now so much easier to differentiate the Octy from the Rapide.

I too have gotten used to the new front. When it was first revealed I hated it, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. Now seeing old and new side by side really highlights how much more modern looking the FL is. 

On a side note, moon white metallic looks top notch in person, hard to tell from the brochure.  

20171020_150557.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Joe93 said:

I too have gotten used to the new front. When it was first revealed I hated it, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. Now seeing old and new side by side really highlights how much more modern looking the FL is. 

On a side note, moon white metallic looks top notch in person, hard to tell from the brochure.  

20171020_150557.jpg

Really nice motor. I found my Moon a white to be a little disappointing. I thought the metallic would pop more in the sunlight. Still a nice bright White. Enjoy the car 

On 10/28/2017 at 20:53, stever750 said:

Greenbird in the Scottish Highlands this week. The green colour has really grown on me, and it hides the dirt well! 

FB_IMG_1509182440343.jpg

Identical to mine...!    A long way from Scotland though - I'm in Melbourne, Australia...     Such a great car...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Really nice motor. I found my Moon a white to be a little disappointing. I thought the metallic would pop more in the sunlight. Still a nice bright White. Enjoy the car 

Sorry to hear that, although perhaps it's the Australian sun that helps it to really shine? Haha! 

• Haha 2

Just ordered the replacement for my 2016 Scout 150 Manual in cappuccino beige (I prefer to call it Sahara Gold...)

After much umming and ahhing, plumped for a 2018 Scout 150 Manual in Corrida Red with 18" Anthracite Braga Alloys and the ubiquitous spare wheel, for delivery when my current PCH ends on 1st March next year. Did have a look at the 184 DSG but it didn't really grab me realistically not any more eciting or quicker than my manual carand my fillings are still loose from the manual vRS I tried.... Looked at an A4 Allroad (didn't like the spec or the price or the very low roof in the boot with the seats folded) a Q3 Black edition (nice spec but boot too small) VW Tiguan (came close but spec on the Scout was better).

My Scout is still the best all round car I have ever owned- Space, pace and grace.

• Like 4