Octavia III Facelift

The fl front end on the vRS just works :thumbup: the LED headlights are awesome, light up the road like it’s daytime :thumbup: the Alcantara seats are brill. Specced then as an option on my 230 and soooooo glad I did :thumbup: the Columbus infotainment is also greeeeeat, the screen is mahoooooosive :thumbup: 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jayd said:

The fl front end on the vRS just works :thumbup: the LED headlights are awesome, light up the road like it’s daytime :thumbup: the Alcantara seats are brill. Specced then as an option on my 230 and soooooo glad I did :thumbup: the Columbus infotainment is also greeeeeat, the screen is mahoooooosive :thumbup: 

Agree on all of the above :) 

I though xenon lights were good but wow LED's are just amazing, its pretty much like daytime when you use the main beams on country roads!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OliR said:

Agree on all of the above :) 

I though xenon lights were good but wow LED's are just amazing, its pretty much like daytime when you use the main beams on country roads!

Me too but l did think I was getting flashed because they were so bright. After a couple of months I realised my lights were set to the right side (mainland Europe) :blush:. Just a touch screen press in settings to change,didn’t know you could till I stumbled across it when playing with settings!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO the face lift MKIII looks garbage! The lights are clumsy looking and the solid piece in the middle of the grille does nothing to improve it. The lines of the lights and grille look so much of an imbalance.

The MKIII pre-face list vRS looks great from the front with the lines of the headlights flowing nicely into the grille but the face lift just looks like some f*****d up design proposal that unexplainably got signed off!

If I was trading in I would go for the Superb Sportline which is the best looking saloon in the Skoda range. 280bhp & 4x4 is getting into Impreza territory (but with the price to match).

1 hour ago, Kaj said:

IMHO the face lift MKIII looks garbage! The lights are clumsy looking and the solid piece in the middle of the grille does nothing to improve it. The lines of the lights and grille look so much of an imbalance.

The MKIII pre-face list vRS looks great from the front with the lines of the headlights flowing nicely into the grille but the face lift just looks like some f*****d up design proposal that unexplainably got signed off!

If I was trading in I would go for the Superb Sportline which is the best looking saloon in the Skoda range. 280bhp & 4x4 is getting into Impreza territory (but with the price to match).

Everyone will have their own preference but not sure it's a point worthy of foul language?

Anyway the reason I respond is you mention the clumsy looking middle piece in the grille yet no mention of the even more clumsy looking square on the bottom of the grille on pre-fl models?

PS  Excuse me for being pedantic but Skoda haven't produced a Superb saloon for 10 years!  :D

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Everyone will have their own preference but not sure it's a point worthy of foul language?

Anyway the reason I respond is you mention the clumsy looking middle piece in the grille yet no mention of the even more clumsy looking square on the bottom of the grille on pre-fl models?

PS  Excuse me for being pedantic but Skoda haven't produced a Superb saloon for 10 years!  :D

Erm.... the Superb 2 looks like a saloon, & since the default boot opening is boot-lid rather than tailgate, perhaps it is............mostly.

DC. Still enjoying my SuperB after 5 long years!

On 12/02/2018 at 23:11, GrumpyWookie said:

The pre-FL actually looks a little "OLD" - and will start to date quickl

You could say that about any make or model of car really.  When a new model comes out it normally looks new and fresh then they do a facelift and the previous model starts to look "old".  I've no doubt we'll be saying exactly the same about the facelift Octavia in a few years when the next one comes out.  It's the nature of the game.

On 12/02/2018 at 23:11, GrumpyWookie said:

The pre-FL [...] - looks like an Audi A4.

I thought that when it was new. Is it a bad thing?

(Not a fan of Audis, but they're usually reasonable looking cars.)

10 hours ago, Rodge said:

I thought that when it was new. Is it a bad thing?

(Not a fan of Audis, but they're usually reasonable looking cars.)

Yes - not a bad thing - but I guess Skoda wanted something "unique" - not just another member of the same family...     

11 hours ago, silverden said:

You could say that about any make or model of car really.  When a new model comes out it normally looks new and fresh then they do a facelift and the previous model starts to look "old".  I've no doubt we'll be saying exactly the same about the facelift Octavia in a few years when the next one comes out.  It's the nature of the game.

And there will be people who hate the new Octavia 4 - saying the Mk.3 FL was much better !    (LOL !)

• Administrators

The octavia has since 2002 always to me looked like a saloon. I initially dismissed the non estate as I thought it was a saloon. When I had the superb twin boot I did actually use it as a saloon quite often.

Now I've seen a few more photos the FL is beginning to settle and well... it's not as bad as I once thought. So like with everything, eventually the flat world we live on will become round. Some nice pics, makes me think, maybe I won't get a van ;) Actually I wonder if because I'm been looking at vans so much I find the FL attractive now :D /ducks

ps lets drop the foul words, we can have opinions, but we can do so without resorting to asterisk, because otherwise the big guy will be along...27c6a109f8b4022cc5e33ec9c690b961.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Also the front 340mm and rear 310mm brakes on the VRS245 are quite awesome as well. The only way to spot a real 245.

Currently, the shiny black grill is the only bit of the 245 that isn't available as an after market part. Although, the VENTILATED rear discs don't come on any other Octavia as standard.

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Recently saw a piece online where a road test of the VRS230 showed it accelerates from 0-100kph or 0-62mph in a very respectable 14.83 seconds. I bet the VRS245 probably takes about 2 tenths off that that because 0-60mph times are similar.

Nearly 15 seconds to 62?

On 2/14/2018 at 10:38, silverden said:

I must admit having owned a 64 plate rallye green VRS hatch I really did not like the new headlights but when the VRS245 was announced I knew I had to have the fastest production Octavia built (there was a Bonneville flats racer which hit 200mph with a little help from it's modified 600bhp 2 litre turbo engine) and 6 months into ownership I now think the front end looks pretty mean and as someone else commented you can't see them from the driver's seat.