Octavia III Facelift

14 hours ago, Juniperz said:

That CarCard just says "Exterior mirrors, power-adjustable/ heated"; no mention of folding or dimming.

Exactly I guess the only way to find out is buy a car.

3 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

I thought folding mirrors was one of the options (££) on the configurator

It is still showing as an £175 option on the UK configurator. And on Drive the Deal. And on CarWow.

Very happy if they are now standard though.

Didn't get the alteration in in time. Car due at dealer in seven weeks so unsurprising. Wonder how long until black grille surrounds are available for FL. Are they difficult to fit?

One more question about DSG, do the left and right paddle perform opposite directional change, eg left = down a gear, right = up or is it more a forward and backwards type of affair? 

@djkarlos My previous Octy mk 2 VRS diesel was great with DSG, 6 speed. 

Regular/lazy/commuting driving, D is fine and quite fuel efficient.

Sometimes I want to press on a bit, S works well. Don't use it most of the time as gear changes were a little aggressive and higher in revs with family in car, revving out not fun in diesel. 

Flappy paddles, with manual override, great for country roads - you want good drive through corners and no daft up-changes in D, or aggressive lockdowns with S. 

Compared to other automatics I've tried (Honda Jazz CVT, Ford Fiesta powershift) it's quick and can be seamless when changing gears, but DSG is closest to driving a manual in feel in the gears (I loathe CVT!). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, juan27 said:

It is still showing as an £175 option on the UK configurator. And on Drive the Deal. And on CarWow.

Very happy if they are now standard though.

What can I say, I see it on the configurer too but, a sales manger is telling me its standard.

Time will tell

19 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

It's in no way genuine. 

Saw a few facelifts up at my local dealer today. One was an SEL estate in race blue. I'm now converted to the FL. It looked good. 

Agreed I saw a black SEL estate at the dealers and thought it was fine, not so taken with a grey hatch. I've always preferred the estate however.

On 4/22/2017 at 20:44, Oykkh said:

Some info fr.o.m. Autobild about the next gen 4 octavia 2020 

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/skoda-octavia-iv-2020-vorschau-technik-motoren-11522159.html

Looks like a five door coupe version.....surely not the standard Octavia? 

On 16/04/2017 at 19:17, Dr Zoidberg said:

I've seen four on the road now. All ugly. 

Saw one myself for first time on the weekend.

On 18/04/2017 at 14:10, kallekas said:

I was at the dealer the other day and I got to say that I was not very keen on the new  glossy look of the buttons underneath the infortainment unit. Looks kind of cheap to me. Pre-FL has matt and I like it much more.

20170403_111024.jpg

Have it all round my lower dash (gear lever etc) on the Superb, right PITA to keep clean and drives my OCD mad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Looks like a five door coupe version.....surely not the standard Octavia? 

Looks like a Skoda with an Audi A5/A7 back end.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2017 at 20:44, Oykkh said:

Some info fr.o.m. Autobild about the next gen 4 octavia 2020

I wouldn't believe anything about the Mk IV this far in advance.

• Like 1

Anyone have a definite date for the FL VRS being in UK showrooms? I'm assuming none there yet? 

Edited by juan27

7 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Anyone have a definite date for the FL VRS being in UK showrooms? I'm assuming none there yet? 

I know that a dealer nearby ordered theirs in March and expect it to have arrived before end of May. I guess each dealer will be different depending on when they ordered, but assuming it was when the order books opened I would expect to start seeing them appearing in showrooms any time

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 20:12, themanwithnoaim said:

What can I say, I see it on the configurer too but, a sales manger is telling me its standard.

Time will tell

Skoda UK Customer Services confirmed by phone that the £175 folding wing mirrors option is not available for the vRS as they are standard by default of being on the SE L. The car configurer will allow you to choose this option though, on both the SE L or vRS.

Also confirmed is the rear suspension setup is different on the FL vRS & therefore, the wheels maybe of a different ET to the current Gemini wheels.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Skoda UK Customer Services confirmed by phone that the £175 folding wing mirrors option is not available for the vRS as they are standard by default of being on the SE L. The car configurer will allow you to choose this option though, on both the SE L or vRS.

I wonder if they appear on the scout then as its a similar mystery with spec lists. There isn't a new brochure yet.

29 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Tell you next week, rumors have it a new one is in some dealerships

I got a copy of the new brochure on Monday, however it is very basic, doesn't include a full spec list, or pricing so unless there is another imminent don't get excited