Octavia III Facelift

1 hour ago, TTodorov said:

@Micks_address Hawks are stunnng, I like them very much. I can see more black elements around the car, they look at place. Hope you get it sooner and post pictures ;) Very curious to see this black back spoiler and overall once protective stickers are removed.

Thanks the mirror covers being black us also part of sports pack. For 172 reg I have to wait till 1st July 

Edited by Micks_address

59 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Thanks the mirror covers being black us also part of sports pack. For 172 reg I have to wait till 1st July 

Be patient, it is a week ahead ;)

Waiting very much for pics after collecting it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kephigo said:

I'm close to deciding on a new vRS estate for my next car and am looking at the options list.  I've been sent a PDF by a dealer which shows Light Assistant as being standard on the vRS but there is an option for Intelligent Light Assistant with High Beam control, which is £310. Can anyone tell me what this gives you? The descriptions against each seem pretty similar:

I think the normal one just turns high beam on and off for the conditions, the intelligent one actually shapes the high beam? 

1 hour ago, Wet Kipper said:

I think the normal one just turns high beam on and off for the conditions, the intelligent one actually shapes the high beam? 

And it is the intelligent one that I think the Elegance SE L gets - I hope so, as I have one on order.  Expected mid-September though :(

Edited by Juniperz
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2017 at 19:02, Wet Kipper said:

I potentially have both of these on mine, Light Assist is basically automatic lights (turns the light on when it is dark enough) intelligent light assist turns the high beam off if it senses oncoming traffic - from what I understand its a simple matter of coding to get the Intelligent Light Assist (if you have the lane assist camera) I haven't taken the plunge yet as I have yet to drive the car in the dark!! so can't decide whether it is worth it.

Hi all, been a member of the site for years but only for a bit of research when trying to help out a mate with a mk2 vrs. 

I'm about to take delivery of a new facelift octavia vrs diesel, in meteor grey. It will be delivered on Thursday and I can't wait! 

Its all standard apart from a space saver spare wheel. It's a company car, so couldn't/ didn't want to upgrade too much. 

I've had 3 a4's in a row now, first a b6 ('02). Then a b5 1.8t quattro as a bit of a fun car. Then the 02 went and I got an 05 3.0tdi quattro, which is absolutely brilliant fun.

Unfortunately I think the b5 will have to go though, as it's getting a little old. I have considered a restoration on it, but not sure family commitments will allow having it. 

I'll post pics of the vrs later this week. Cannot wait! 

• Like 3

After 12(ish) weeks my petrol DSG VRS has just arrived.

Big step up in terms of toys and comfort to MK2 FL diesel.

I also have DCC. Only tried it in normal mode for longer distance - doesn't make it floaty and soft, but takes the harsh edge off potholes and uneven surfaces (e.g. small roads through forests, where roots have made the surface rippled). Sport seems that bit harsher in similar conditions over a brief run. Pleased with this option.

Can't wait to run it in and learn the myriad of controls and systems, so I can properly enjoy it :-)

• Like 2

Hi folks, 

Picked up my facelift Saturday. Love it.. 150 dsg.. I have a slight rattle in the dash at low speeds which dissappear when I speed up.. Should it settle down as the car loosens up? 

Thanks, 

Mick

10 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Hi folks, 

Picked up my facelift Saturday. Love it.. 150 dsg.. I have a slight rattle in the dash at low speeds which dissappear when I speed up.. Should it settle down as the car loosens up? 

Thanks, 

Mick

Not likely to improve, and make sure you tell dealer now, even if you can't get there. There's a 6 month/6k mile period to do so, after which they will charge to investigate.

Trust me, I know :dry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Not likely to improve, and make sure you tell dealer now, even if you can't get there. There's a 6 month/6k mile period to do so, after which they will charge to investigate.

Trust me, I know :dry:

Yep can agree with the above. Dealer told me a rattle is an 'adjustment' and chargeable generally if it's not an early new car snag. 

I have a rattle between 1800-2500rpm and they wanted £108 in a diagnostic fee just to take a look.

52 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Yep can agree with the above. Dealer told me a rattle is an 'adjustment' and chargeable generally if it's not an early new car snag. 

I have a rattle between 1800-2500rpm and they wanted £108 in a diagnostic fee just to take a look.

Thanks, I have to bring the car back in few weeks to get footwell lights fixed. I also have a very slight vibration in steering at low speed.. Should I get checked? I had new tyres fitted at dealers so wondering if balance or something might be slightly out. Also read somewhere could be sun glasses compartment causing rattle. Pretty sure didn't have anything in there today 

4 minutes ago, Micks_address said:

Thanks, I have to bring the car back in few weeks to get footwell lights fixed. I also have a very slight vibration in steering at low speed.. Should I get checked? I had new tyres fitted at dealers so wondering if balance or something might be slightly out. Also read somewhere could be sun glasses compartment causing rattle. Pretty sure didn't have anything in there today 

If anything about the car is not as you expect it to be, i.e. the vibration then get it checked out whilst it's in for the footwell lights. 

I've had incorrectly balanced tyres before and only found it to cause vibration at motorway speeds; anything less and it wasn't that noticeable.

Just looking and a pdf of the FL brochure.

Am I correct in thinking that the rear seats in the estate no longer fold flat? A photo suggests that.

If so I'm thinking this is a very bad move. All previous octavia estates had this (bum seat up and forward, then back seat down into the space).

Very disappointed if true!!! and no good to me wanting a load lugger.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, hwntw said:

Just looking and a pdf of the FL brochure.

Am I correct in thinking that the rear seats in the estate no longer fold flat? A photo suggests that.

If so I'm thinking this is a very bad move. All previous octavia estates had this (bum seat up and forward, then back seat down into the space).

Very disappointed if true!!! and no good to me wanting a load lugger.

Cheers

They never have folded fully flat. They look flat if you have the variable floor but not as standard.

It's never bothered me in the slightest

On 06/07/2017 at 23:34, ahenners said:

If anything about the car is not as you expect it to be, i.e. the vibration then get it checked out whilst it's in for the footwell lights. 

I've had incorrectly balanced tyres before and only found it to cause vibration at motorway speeds; anything less and it wasn't that noticeable.

We are in France at the moment so can't do anything re rattles. Drove today and feels like it's coming from around the centre dash vents. The strange thing is it dissappears above 3rd gear and 2000 revs.. I'll mention to dealer when back home.. Hope they can sort it. 

Edited by Micks_address

4 hours ago, Micks_address said:

We are in France at the moment so can't do anything re rattles. Drove today and feels like it's coming from around the centre dash vents. The strange thing is it dissappears above 3rd gear and 2000 revs.. I'll mention to dealer when back home.. Hope they can sort it. 

Please let us know if they fix it, I have the same.

Dealer found a screenwash pipe not clipped in properly under the scuttle panel below the windscreen but that didn't sort it.

I've discovered a buzz, which appears to be related to aerodynamics - motorway (65-70), not affected by revs, intermittent and of varying intensity even along same stretch of road. We think it's in the front passenger / windscreen / bonnet hinge areas... Any usual suspects to check before calling dealer?

On 7/8/2017 at 21:48, pist0nbr0ke said:

Please let us know if they fix it, I have the same.

Dealer found a screenwash pipe not clipped in properly under the scuttle panel below the windscreen but that didn't sort it.

Could this be the sound generator box under the front scuttle? Other threads on here have spoken of it only being secured at the top (or bottom can't remember which) and it being 'secured' with a piece of microfibre cloth???. Can't find the thread just now but it was all about turning the sound generator off etc. 

On 06/07/2017 at 22:13, Micks_address said:

Hi folks, 

Thanks, 

Mick

Face-palm think I found source of my rattle. I had my dashcam fitted last week and the camera is a little loose in the mount. There's foam stickers with the camera I need to put on the mount and I'll be sorted. Tested driving today and sure enough when I heard the rattle held the camera with one hand and it left.. I'm happy now as something as simple as a rattle would have ruined the car for me