Octavia III Facelift

On 09/11/2017 at 20:36, gepetto said:

Hello,

I'm from France, and pick up my vRS FL since a month now,

I found something a bit annoying, and would like to know if it's kind of bug or standard.

in France the new vRS has kessy by default.

So when i park the car, i push the button to switch off the ignition , and then nothing happen... i have to open the driver door to have the ceiling lights switch ON.

Normally they should switch on as soon as you are parked...

I heard from someone that have a vRS pre FL with no kessy and as soon as he removed his key the lights are on...

my headlight button is switch to auto. i even try to unlock the doors but lights stays OFF...

are you experiencing the same ?

I believe i went through all menus but didnt find anything...

Thanks for your help.

big-6837346bbf.jpg

Yes what you are describing is exactly how it works with KESSY on the Fabia and yes it is very frustrating the cabin lights don't come on until you open the door, it appears to be a feature of KESSY

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Just to intoduce myself - I've just taken delivery of a 6mth old 1.4 SE-L Octavia Estate. The car has a lengthy list of extras - I'm not sure which options were ordered single or as part of a pack but according to the online configurator, these toatal around £4000 worth. Some of them I would have ordered, others I'd have left out if I'd been ordering the car from new.

I believe the car was used as a demo when Skoda were running a 72hr test drive program earlier this year. In addition to the std spec the car has: (I don't think any of these are std - apologies if I get it wrong)

1: Cornering front fog lights

2: Park assist

3: Lane assist

4: Adaptive cruise with front assist

5: Heated steering wheel

6: Winter pack

7: Full leather

8: Electric memory seats + lumbar

9: Blind spot monitoring

10: Auto-dim door mirrors

in addition to this, I believe these cars also came with various items from the accessory brochure. The car I purchased has the protection pack: mud flaps; rubber floor mats, rubber boot mat; dog guard.

The trouble I'm having is none of this was listed on the spec sheet attached to the car or the advert on the Skoda website (they said the car came with 16" alloys !!) so there may be other things I've yet to discover.

Thoughts on the car so far? Well I know how good the 1.4 (150) engine is as we have it on our main car, albeit the cylinder deactivation version, so no surprise there. The mk3 apears to be very well built, unlike Skodas I've looked at in the past. Put it another way, I was also looking at a Golf easte, Passat estate and 3 series touring and in my humble opinion, the Octavia beats all three, never mind the Leon which was my 4th option. It's all positive so far, I can't fault the dealer in anyway (apart from providing an inaccurate spec sheet but that seems par for the course with Skoda in general). Only thing that's surprised me is the lack of footwell lighting? Seems rather odd Skoda build such a high spec car as the SE-L and leave out footwell lighting - especially when you consider they've gone as far as to spec puddle lamps on the door mirrors.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Rybu79 said:

Hatchback our estate?

I’ll take some pictures of mine to compare. 

I saw a facelift briefly in the showroom and thought that they’d changed them. 

Estate. If they have changed I don't reckon much to them. I've come from a 2015 mk7 golf to an Octavia RS. I'm thinking of buying some of these next  :D.

IMG_3539.JPG

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy25 said:

Estate. If they have changed I don't reckon much to them. I've come from a 2015 mk7 golf to an Octavia RS. I'm thinking of buying some of these next  :D.

IMG_3539.JPG

Has anyone compared the “booming” difference between 2017 Octavia pre- and post-FL?

24 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Couldn't hear it on either of mine but then I'm married so, have learnt to bloke out annoying noises

Ignoring a booming sound? I tip my hat off to you. That would irritate me more than a complete family in the car...

On 1/10/2018 at 16:47, Rybu79 said:

Anyone post up facelift hatchback side boot catches to compare please??thanks 

ryan

Yes as soon as you tell me what they are I can take a pic of them.

Thanks. Might have interrupted your posting but have you got one for the car body - where the boot lid rests on?

my first picture - see then boot carpet on the photo. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Rybu79

vRS facelift models are fitted with LED Headlights as standard, identical to other VAG hi-spec cars.

My brother has an Audi A5 S-line, he took delivery 3 weeks ago between Xmas and New Year - car has developed a Headlight Problem and 1 side won't work at all.

He has been quoted £1799.48 to replace it, incl 6 hours labour.

Might want to be aware of that when the FL gets into the second hand world at 3 years old.

26 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

vRS facelift models are fitted with LED Headlights as standard, identical to other VAG hi-spec cars.

My brother has an Audi A5 S-line, he took delivery 3 weeks ago between Xmas and New Year - car has developed a Headlight Problem and 1 side won't work at all.

Might want to be aware of that when the FL gets into the second hand world at 3 years old.

So warrenty claim then?

i won’t have mine at 3 years old ;)

3 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

That's Audi prices for you !

But six hours to replace a headlight unit - seriously? Doesn't sound right to me. Most difficult headlight unit I've changed was on Golf Mk5 - seem to remember having to remove front wheel to get lower front bumper off - whole job took less than 30 mins and that was removing / re-fitting wheel with manual car jack and manual spanner to loosen wheel nuts!

Edited by Guest

So, currently trying to weigh up the difference between pre and post facelift Octy’VRS. Short of the cosmetic differences to the outside, what is there really on the inside? I see the buttons and stuff have changed for the SatNav but is the actually programme itself all the same? Like, is there any real reason to pick a facelift over the previous?