Karl's QD Testing - vRS

KarlvRS1991

Very interesting Karl.... thanks for the info on this.

Based on your pics..... QD0 does look to be a really slick show QD for sure.

The pictures really show it off well - i have to say - very nice indeed.

If that includes some degree of dust repelling anti-static feature - could be popular i think.

QD1 appeals more to what i need. Less time on the cars recently;

so i need the added protection and between maintenance washes etc.

To that end - the only mix i have tested is the BSD:C2V3:Water blend.

As i recall the ratio suggested was 2:2:1 but you can tweak to your own needs.

Interested in what others might be playing with on the QD front.... let's see.....

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen, Its quite fun being able to blend it to your own needs. 

The Gtechniq C2v3 is a product i've been interested in for a while - Especially boasting 6-8? months protection (Good maintenance washing of course).. Along with BSD is an interesting mix! How did you find it to use? streaking, buffing etc? I try to look after my mums work vans so something like that could be handy considering they do around 2-300 miles a week each.. 

Likewise - Its all well and good all these products being out & its hard to decipher which is best, all down to personal preference i guess!

• Like 1

If i'm honest - the time i tested the BSD:C2v3 blend.... i was just messing.

I tried BSD and it was too gloopy and sticky for my liking... so i looked at blends.

But in the end - i just moved away to better QD's rather than QS's i guess.

I might have to revisit this one perhaps.... or try some QD0 and QD1 if you have any spare?  :happy:  ;)  :yes:

• Like 2

If i'm honest - the time i tested the BSD:C2v3 blend.... i was just messing.

I tried BSD and it was too gloopy and sticky for my liking... so i looked at blends.

But in the end - i just moved away to better QD's rather than QS's i guess.

I might have to revisit this one perhaps.... or try some QD0 and QD1 if you have any spare?  :happy:  ;)  :yes:

I found that with BSD myself, hence why i just use it on wheels, door shuts & exhausts now and go for the slicker QD's on paintwork. 

I have my bottles made up in the garage so will be happy to drop them round for you to test when you get chance, update the thread and let me know how you get on with them? 

I dont have alot of it as mentioned above with just the little kit i had.. but, after this I'm considering purchasing a full kit from a company who offers it providing pricing and everything is worth it!

• Like 2

I found that with BSD myself, hence why i just use it on wheels, door shuts & exhausts now and go for the slicker QD's on paintwork. 

I have my bottles made up in the garage so will be happy to drop them round for you to test when you get chance, update the thread and let me know how you get on with them? 

I dont have alot of it as mentioned above with just the little kit i had.. but, after this I'm considering purchasing a full kit from a company who offers it providing pricing and everything is worth it!

Nice one - i wouldnt say no..... but this weekends detailing was priority as i'm busy the next few now.

Some great beer festivals coming up and friends and family around...... 

So not sure when i will get to use them...... but i'll give you a shout nearer the time, should you have some left! 

Thanks for the offer   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice one - i wouldnt say no..... but this weekends detailing was priority as i'm busy the next few now.

Some great beer festivals coming up and friends and family around...... 

So not sure when i will get to use them...... but i'll give you a shout nearer the time, should you have some left! 

Thanks for the offer   :thumbup:

No problem! I have some spare sample bottles from the old Wax Packs I had so will decant into there for you & drop them off when your free! 

• Like 1

Is this the AutoGlanz kit Karl? Looks great!

Hey Ben,

No, not the Autoglanz kit although I am considering buying it now based on using these tiny samples.

I've watched a few videos on that Autoglanz kit and it's quite impressive. Similar sort of thing but he AG kit is Alot bigger.

• Like 1

Awesome Karl! It's a great idea!! The car looks great too. Thanks for taking the time to post mate!

No problem at all!

If I remember correctly you mixed a few QD's a while back... maybe wrong but can't remember what it was either.

New memory needed I think..

• Like 2

No problem at all!

If I remember correctly you mixed a few QD's a while back... maybe wrong but can't remember what it was either.

New memory needed I think..

Haha, yes, I added 1ml of EZ Project X to Auto Perfection Clarity QD. It worked a treat and will do it for my winter brew. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Karl - many thanks for leaving that sample of QD-1 at the weekend.

Very impressed with it so far...... very slick, and still beads extremely well.

When are you getting more - i'd happily have a refill on that mate?

I think you might be onto a winner with that one :thumbup:

Hey Karl - many thanks for leaving that sample of QD-1 at the weekend.

Very impressed with it so far...... very slick, and still beads extremely well.

When are you getting more - i'd happily have a refill on that mate?

I think you might be onto a winner with that one :thumbup:

Hey up, very welcome. I'm hoping that my pal gets a few more bits to be able to make some more. I mentioned it to him last week and he's apparently waiting on delivery of the liquids etc so will keep you posted.

I'm really enjoying using it myself, got through a bottle already haha!

Will be more than happy to drop more round once done. I still have the sheet I made easy the last batch from so all is well!

He may also be getting into the home brew wax side of things to so if your interested, could be something to play with over winter!

• Like 1

Hey up, very welcome. I'm hoping that my pal gets a few more bits to be able to make some more. I mentioned it to him last week and he's apparently waiting on delivery of the liquids etc so will keep you posted.

I'm really enjoying using it myself, got through a bottle already haha!

Will be more than happy to drop more round once done. I still have the sheet I made easy the last batch from so all is well!

He may also be getting into the home brew wax side of things to so if your interested, could be something to play with over winter!

hahaha - i'm impressed with the QD for sure.

Home brew wax.... just seems like a whole world of pain and a full time job!!! No for me!!

hahaha - i'm impressed with the QD for sure.

Home brew wax.... just seems like a whole world of pain and a full time job!!! No for me!!

It does seem that way after having spoken to a few people! I may give it a go at some point.. we'll see.

• Like 1