Manually closing power boot

Does it harm the system in any way?

If I am dropping off or picking up people I always feel obliged to manage the boot operation myself or point out the button lest they decide to just close it manually - should I be worrying about this or not?

I was told by my stealer that occasionally closing it 'manually' is ok but doing it regularly can cause the power mechanism to fail prematurely.

• Like 1

I am just getting used to starting stopping the boot with the button, after 5 months of ownership!

is it possible to VCDS the boot to close with the button on the key fob?

Yes

Does it harm the system in any way?

If I am dropping off or picking up people I always feel obliged to manage the boot operation myself or point out the button lest they decide to just close it manually - should I be worrying about this or not?

I have an electric boot on the other car (BMW 3series) and regularly close & open the boot manually because its slow a sh33t.

So far I've not had any adverse problems doing this.

I'd imagine the system is design so that manual operation should not result in damage to the mechanism.

• Like 1

Just wish there was someone with Vcds near me. :(

Its about the one thing I am desperate to do with the VCDS! Be so much better to be able to close from key fob and the internal button.

@Item - i've got one (Tauranga), but I need to be in Auckland next week for work, you available during the day for 10minutes and we can sort it?  

I happen to be unusually available next week!

Will PM you - Cheers!

Its about the one thing I am desperate to do with the VCDS! Be so much better to be able to close from key fob and the internal button.

Giltraps will do it for you (if bigreddognz hasn't been up)... (they won't silence the beeps when opening/closing from the centre console button/key tho).

Giltraps will do it for you (if bigreddognz hasn't been up)... (they won't silence the beeps when opening/closing from the centre console button/key tho).

Didn't actually manage to get to see the bigreddongz (my fault not his!) so good to know that Giltrap may be accommodating when I take it in for my first service at the turn of the year.

Cheers