Reversing lights - one or two ?

2 lights on my colour edition

Lenses are. Pain in the butt to get off to fit led

Changed them to led only to find they throw a warning light on

Put the old bulbs back in and found afterwards you can code them with vcds not got back round to it yet

stony, got to say that my SE has twin reversing lights. I've not had two lights for years on any of my Skoda's or other makes of car. So it's a real treat if you see what I mean! I've got the 110ps engine and would strongly recommend it. Nothing wrong with the 90ps but the 110 does have some nice extra ooomph! Fuel economy doesn't seem to alter much between the two engines and in fact may even be better on the 110ps engine depending on your journey and load. My car with the DSG 7 speed auto box is actually more economical than the manual version. Enjoy your test drive and let us all know how you get on.

malcster: - excuse the query but your car shows "

roomster 1.2 TSI citigo" so am not clear whether your reply is referr

ing to your cars or to a Fabia iii

Fabia 2016 need to update that

60+MPG: 'Can i ask what difference it makes ......',

Although I've lived with a single reversing light for years the fact is that if, when reversing (especially somewhere like a supermarket car park)

a car coming from the 'blind side' gets very little warning - with consequent risks.../

Also the second light would improve rear visibility for me.

Estate Man:  interested in your observations 90 vs 110.  Must admit my gut feeling would be to go for the higher power but that will depend on the relative driveability re the matching of the 90 with 5spd, and the 110 with 6spd.

Currently have a Mazda 3 6spd - but my previous 3 with 5 spd was more driveable - and certainly better fuel consumption - both 1.6D engines.

I was just interested as to why only a single reversing light would be a deal breaker.

If I'm going to spend ££££££ on a new car then ...

And it so happened that yesterday I was within inches of 'collecting' a car coming from my blind side - 

stonyb1, if you go for the manual 6 speed 110ps engine you should find it will do more miles per gallon...although this does depend on the type of motoring you do and the roads you drive on of course and you own driving habits. The 6th gear is an overdrive and not needed in normal running around but on dual carriageways and motorways, country roads it should be used. My own 7speed DSG 110ps engined car, even though not run in yet averages 55-57 mpg at between 60-65mph, and this will improve further I'm told by the master tech at my garage. The cars with the automatic DSG box are in fact more economical anyway as per the brochures, overall doing about 2mpg more than the manual versions. I don't baby it either, frequently varying the throttle, load and gears on the engine to help it bed in. So frankly I'm amazed at how fugal it is. The DSG box coupled to the 110 engine is sweet though and very well matched with that engine. Sport mode nearly flings you into orbit for what it is, if you see what I mean! Good luck with the test drive and have fun. Personally, I'd also say, have a go in one of the DSG models. It's an eye opener!! You won't be disappointed. 

Estate Man: - old habits die hard, and when you are of a certain age (or above) change becomes even harder - and not forgetting that a DSG is another grand on top of an already stretched budget.  Nevertheless your observation tempts me to try one.

Edited by stonyb1