Skoda Move and Fun - MPG Query

peugeot_205_gti

1 hour ago, cal1470 said:

I could be wrong but maybe it's "set" to only show a maximum of 49.9....Think about this, Skoda claim 65.4mpg (or whatever they quote) and your Citigo only hits 54.8mpg, too many people would try and take Skoda to small claims for mis-information! Maybe it's just their way of protecting themselves. Just my thoughts anyway!

If that was the case every car owner in the country would be taking the manufacturer to court....

I think the I-phone app shows over 49.9, only the android app is affected by the bug.

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I would share my email I've also sent to the developer in CZ what a nightmare maybe we should all send something to every Skoda dealer where we purchased our car rather than one individual one to Skoda UK many voices are louder than one

Morning as you are now aware there are many problems with the app on android and I phone.  I purchased brand new from a uk dealer a Citigo MY17 SE L in Nov 2016 and Not only the mileage/economy read out is incorrect (MAX 49.9mpg) ,there is no way you can save favourite journeys in the TOM TOM part either.  If your working on it that's great but can you let skoda uk know and more importantly give us the customer an indicated lead time for this to be resolved I currently use a LG G5 with latest LG nougat updates We all look forward to your response .....SENT 02.04. 2017.

I have just forwarded this email to Skoda UK complaints via Skoda UK website let's see how long it takes to get a response

Edited by clem747
Additional info added

• 1 month later...

They have come back to me and now told me my phone isn't compatible. Utter B****x as it connects fine just their app doesn't work.

Out of interest, has anyone with an Android phone got the app toy work and show an mpg in excess of 49.9? I have a Moto G4 running Android 7.0 which is higher than they recommended in the brochure. Surely this is a case of mis-selling???

The guy in Czech basically told me to go get an iphone!!! :(

That is complete nonsense from the developers! If the phone isn't compatible then the app would not function at all, not one small part of it! I have a Moto E3, and everything else works just fine. I haven't come across any android user say they have seen anything in excess of 49.9 mpg - you just have to look at the comments on the Android app store. They clearly can't be bothered to sort out what should be a simple code change.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot get Maps+ More to connect to the citigo, bluetooth connects fine, but the app does not recognise the link - just tells me it cannot find my VW Up.

Sorry to hear that, it works fine on mine. Yet another indication of poor software quality. Nothing else to suggest I'm afraid. We'll just have to wait until Skoda remembers it's cudtomers and support them as well as VW.

Apologies I spoke too soon - after turning the phone off and on, and reconnecting bluetooth a few times I finally got it to connect - now downloading the satnav map, so looking good! 

Good luck. Hope it works for you. The only downside is that's there is no green and I would guess that the built in breakdown and info numbers will be VW. Everything else works fine but looks a little different.

20 hours ago, JCC said:

If Skoda can't fix this problem just download Maps + More for the VW Up! It works correctly on Android and is identical apart from the colour choices.

Just done this and it works perfectly. As the Skoda app is just a clone of this, the glitch should be easily sorted. Very poor customer service.

I don't need a satnav as the car rarely goes more than 15 miles from home, so the driving data is the only useful part.