things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

There is supposed to be a slight step between the rear door and the back glass , but yours looks worse than it should be . It looks as if yours needs the top of the door pulling in slightly to line up with the quarter panel , but you won't get rid if the step down to the quarter glass .

Edited by Clive

Looks to me like the door needs to close a few mm more. Should be a simple adjustment, and I bet its making more wind noise than it should. That will get the upper section about right too, although it does sit s;lightly proud by design

Just had a look at mine and the panels are virtually flush, maybe only 1mm, which is why I've never noticed an issue.

As said, the B-pillar does sit proud but that looks fine.

In the photo of course it does look worse because you are looking at an angle

Thinking more about it I don't think adjusting the catch will do much as it is further down the door where it looks better.

Perhaps the problem is at the hinges but if you adjust one or both of them there may be a problem between the doors then!

I've seen film on the assembly line where they give the door a twist to get it to fit correctly!

If under warranty I'd get the dealer to have a look. 

Edited by VAGCF

• 3 months later...
On 2016-10-27 at 22:20, Expatman said:

Minor niggles:

1. When the rear armrest is down there is a 'hole' to the boot - should be a cover.

2. Heated door mirrors need a simple timed on/off switch instead of using the same rotary knob that adjusts the mirrors.

3. Needs a 12V/USB outlet on dash (in dash top box?) to power SatNavs, cameras etc. Save having leads trailing over gear knob etc.

Agree on all 3.

• Like 1

Its reasonably easy to feed a cable down from the top box area inside the dash and along under the trim of the transmission tunnel and cup holder area. Mine comes out next to the passenger seat to allow easy plug in of sat nav which lives in top box. When not in use I drop into the gap next to the seat where it can't be seen from outside the car.

3 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Its reasonably easy to feed a cable down from the top box area inside the dash and along under the trim of the transmission tunnel and cup holder area. Mine comes out next to the passenger seat to allow easy plug in of sat nav which lives in top box. When not in use I drop into the gap next to the seat where it can't be seen from outside the car.

I agree but it would be much better if an outlet was supplied as original equipment rather than having to be fitted. It looks like that with the increased use of Smartphones with built in SatNavs that maybe the days of separate SatNavs are numbered, particularly with Android Auto allowing the phone screen to be seen on the built in car screen. I think this all depends on whether Smartphone SatNav Apps can be developed to match stand alone systems like TomTom and Garmin.

The position of the gearstick. Being 6ft I sit back and high and find it awkward. 

Turning on the AC fan to 1 for it to go up full blast. It's not on auto and I can't figure out why it does it. Probably me being daft! 

9 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Could you post a photo "how-to" on this, please?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 21:08, anlygi said:

The position of the gearstick. Being 6ft I sit back and high and find it awkward.

I'm 6ft and I have no problem with the gearstick position.  Mind you, I don't sit back: a combination of short arms for my height (it's all in the legs!) and the steering wheel doesn't pull out far enough.  That said, my legs don't feel cramped either.  The one niggle I have about the seating position is that the support behind the knees is a bit lacking.  I have tried inserting spacers on the front mounting bolts for the driver's seat, to raise the front of the seat cushion a bit by tipping the whole thing backwards slightly; they did seem effective, but I removed them a while back (can't remember why) and TBH I haven't really missed them.

I don't understand people who drive with their arms at full stretch.  (Not saying that you do that, by the way, it's just that your comment made me think of it).  I believe that it significantly reduces the steering range available to the driver without moving their hands on the wheel and it makes moving the hands on the wheel more difficult/more effort than it needs to be.  I'm convinced it's one reason why so many people seem to cut across junctions so egregiously, and appear so lazy/poor at proper road positioning.

But then I am, of course, a much better driver than anyone else <where's the emoticon for "I'm not being remotely serious">

• Like 1

Thats the beauty of the electric seat, and why I specified it in my second Yeti, and it will be in my new one coming shortly.

I too am 6ft, although have a long back and short legs for my height. (I would be around 6ft 6" if my legs were in proportion to my trunk.) I could not get a perfect position with the standard seat as the squab angle is wrong for me.

I have to drive with a reasonable stretch too my arms as the steering wheel doesn't really come back far enough as you say. You need a decent gap in case the airbag activates in a crash.

My wife does the opposite. She prefers to have an upright seat back and very bent arms, and I have to keep reminding her to move back from the wheel. She does, then slowly over a few days creeps back again.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 12:56, ejstubbs said:

I'm 6ft and I have no problem with the gearstick position.  Mind you, I don't sit back: a combination of short arms for my height (it's all in the legs!) and the steering wheel doesn't pull out far enough.  That said, my legs don't feel cramped either.  The one niggle I have about the seating position is that the support behind the knees is a bit lacking.  I have tried inserting spacers on the front mounting bolts for the driver's seat, to raise the front of the seat cushion a bit by tipping the whole thing backwards slightly; they did seem effective, but I removed them a while back (can't remember why) and TBH I haven't really missed them.

I don't understand people who drive with their arms at full stretch.  (Not saying that you do that, by the way, it's just that your comment made me think of it).  I believe that it significantly reduces the steering range available to the driver without moving their hands on the wheel and it makes moving the hands on the wheel more difficult/more effort than it needs to be.  I'm convinced it's one reason why so many people seem to cut across junctions so egregiously, and appear so lazy/poor at proper road positioning.

But then I am, of course, a much better driver than anyone else <where's the emoticon for "I'm not being remotely serious">

It's odd but we are all different dimensions afterall I suppose. I sit as far forward as my legs allow me, not in terms of reach, but my knees having clearance which is quite far back. I have tried adjusting everything and no matter what I do, I cannot put the car in 1st, 3rd or 5th without stretching or having to use my fingertips. I have never had this in any other car I have owned. I'd need it a bit back and an inch or two higher.

We're all better drivers than anyone else! My pet hate is people with the seat reclined so far back they cannot possibly see the road ahead clearly. Normally chavs wearing baseball caps but when you first catch them in your mirror you'd think there was nobody there!