things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

Same here Fred, she was always asking "what's the temperature outside"? "what's the time"?

Luckily, on the Amundson2 you get both on the screen! We travel in silence now :party:  

When SWMBO drives it's silent, (I daren't pull her up on anything!!!

When I drive she is never silent, mind this, they're braking up front, look at the deer in the fields, keep your eyes on the road!!!

:x  :x  :x  :x

• Like 2

Expatman:- go to Screen Settings in Bolero radio system Page 14 Bolero Instruction Manual the fifth setting

will allow the clock to be shown on the main scfreen when the Bolero is switched off but ignition on.

Well, I have studied the Bolero manual and all page 14 says is about the telephone. Checked every item under "settings" on the radio itself and couldn't find any reference anywhere to clocks. My Yeti is the 2012 model and I am wondering if there has been a change on later models that is not present on mine?

The other thing is the multi function steering wheel controls . I just feel that the radio/ media control should be on the right side with the other functions on the left.

Maybe it's just me !

Don't have a Yeti but on my Superb II I like the radio controls on the left as the radio itself is to the left and i've alway been used to trip computer controls on the right (be it on a stalk!)  

Bolero randomly switching to other radio stations for a few seconds, only when listening to BBC stations...

I wonder if it is switching over to a commercial station to update the TMC (traffic) information? though I thought most car radios have a separate inbuilt receiver for this data.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_message_channel#United_Kingdom

Jim

Actually I do have one slight niggle , the heated front screen button is way too small and it's in an odd location . It would have been better if it was the same size and position as the traction and park assist (etc) buttons .

Agree and to 'rub salt in the wound' the 1.4tsi L & K has a suitable blank button. Nothing like going for that Halfrauds after market look. And what about that brown only, choice leather. Really spoils the interior for us.

• Like 1

Bolero randomly switching to other radio stations for a few seconds, only when listening to BBC stations...

Ours also. Bolero I have found is very poor.

My previous car had a placeholder in the driver's door armrest. Very useful for keeping short term parking or highway tickets. Now I keep everything in the central space below the dash: my phone, my wallet, my office parking card and the tickets. Several times I had to look for small stuff in that low and dark space. I don't use the upper placeholder too often. There I keep only some gas loyalty cards and other not so important papers. 

Trying to Turn off the traffic announcements when it comes up on the screen for a location hundreds of miles away,yes I know I can turn them off permanently but they can be very useful when incidents occur on the motorways it's just that having to glance from the road and sometimes multi dabbing with the finger on the screen to remove it.

There is a way of cancelling an announcement from the MFSW... can't remember which button it is now, I think it's the Source button (roundy round arrows).

• Like 1

All these wee niggles might become pleasant memories once the Yeti is no more other being able to purchase a Pre-loved example.

Like is said about your children growing up, saviour every moment because all too quick they grow up & leave home.

This usually means they get bigger and smarter.

• Like 2

P 55 of the 2012 Owner's Manual: 

Each time after switching off the engine for the second time, the wiper blade of
the rear window wiper is tilted. This prolongs the life of the wiper blade.
Activation/deactivation
› Switch on the ignition.
› Push the operating level into the position 6 » Fig. 36 five times in succession
within 5 seconds.
› Switch off the ignition. After switching on the ignition again, the alternative
park position of the rear window wiper is activated/deactivated. 

unquote 

Make of it what you will. 

Caution: Do not try this at home :dull:

P 55 of the 2012 Owner's Manual: 

Each time after switching off the engine for the second time, the wiper blade of

the rear window wiper is tilted. This prolongs the life of the wiper blade.

Activation/deactivation

› Switch on the ignition.

› Push the operating level into the position 6 » Fig. 36 five times in succession

within 5 seconds.

› Switch off the ignition. After switching on the ignition again, the alternative

park position of the rear window wiper is activated/deactivated. 

unquote 

Make of it what you will. 

Caution: Do not try this at home :dull:

I think that's just the twitch like the front to just flick it over not a complete sweep.

• Like 1

Not actually my Yeti, but it seems like almost every Yeti I encounter is limited to 2_000rpm (petrol) or 1_500 (diesel) in the intermediate gears, since I have to short shift to keep from ramming them up the back! ;)

Nobody else seems to have mentioned the 'random rear wipe' on start up - is it only me? Dealer said they all do it.

Never had this on last Yeti or this one. What I do get is the wiper intermittently stopping at various angles only to carry on to the next random position after a few seconds. If I wait long enough it will eventually park. Going in next week to hopefully get fixed.

Nobody else seems to have mentioned the 'random rear wipe' on start up - is it only me? Dealer said they all do it.

Mine does it together with the occasional little front wiper 'jiggle'. As I understand it, it stops the wipers sticking to the glass surface and tearing.

Never had this on last Yeti or this one. What I do get is the wiper intermittently stopping at various angles only to carry on to the next random position after a few seconds. If I wait long enough it will eventually park. Going in next week to hopefully get fixed.

I had this on my Yeti... mentioned it when booking the service recently. They had already spoken to Skoda UK and replaced the motor.

All now working as it should. Apparently it's a known problem.

I had this on my Yeti... mentioned it when booking the service recently. They had already spoken to Skoda UK and replaced the motor.

All now working as it should. Apparently it's a known problem.

Hopefully I'll get mine fixed next week. Glad it's a known problem!

The clock has to set manually, rather than automatically via DAB or GPS.

I must admit I expected mine to put itself back an hour last weekend .

I found that you only need to tick the 'daylight saving' box to change the time by one hour.

Yes, this is true, but I had a self-fitted stereo in a car 15 years ago that set its own time from the RDS signal and today I still have to do a manual adjust on both my cars.