things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

Nobody else seems to have mentioned the 'random rear wipe' on start up - is it only me? Dealer said they all do it.

Mine does this - it's been debated a bit before.

It's not on Maxidot it's on the main screen

from memory.

Menu

System

System Setup

Screen

Show clock in standby mode.

On mine when infotainment screen is on it shows time and temperature at the top.

There's no way of doing this on mine.  I would like a clock visible to all in the car all the time and the Bolero screen would seem to be the obvious location for this, but alas, the time must remain a closely-guarded secret that only the driver can know.

WEASLEY Answer .........."There is a way of cancelling an announcement from the MFSW... can't remember which button it is now, I think it's the Source button (roundy round arrows)". ...................Thanks for that you've saved me from a lot of fingering of the screen,but I've only had the car 30 months an had trained the grandchildren to do it for me,yes it the lower < arrow left hand side of the MFSW ,so that's my only niggle gone,time for a rethink

• Like 1

Put on my winter wheels today. Reminded me that the jacking point markers are very hard to find and are under the sills. I have had previous Skodas with markers on top of the sills and only visible with the doors open, brilliant. Why did someone think tiny markers under the sills would be an improvement? 

Put on my winter wheels today. Reminded me that the jacking point markers are very hard to find and are under the sills. I have had previous Skodas with markers on top of the sills and only visible with the doors open, brilliant. Why did someone think tiny markers under the sills would be an improvement? 

Yes, agree with this.

Also close to this - the crazy design of allowing dirty stain marks on the black cills between the front and rear doors; our previous Xtrail had wrap over doors to the cills.

.... our previous Xtrail had wrap over doors to the cills.

Ah yes - we both switched from X-Trails about the same time.  I'd forgotten about those wrap-over doors, very neat, but I hadn't thought of them until reminded.  We must have adjusted to the grubby Yeti after four years so I can't really class it as a 'niggle' :wonder:

• Like 1

The leather on the sides of the back seats rubs together making them squeak.

A tad annoying.

Time to get the leather treatment out?

I've been thinking about this and the only thing that niggles is the ridiculous phone integration where I have to say "Call <surname> <first name>", but I suspect that's a characteristic of all cars with the Amundsen+, not just the Yeti.

As I'm hoping to keep the Yeti for a while, I do have a nagging worry that the doors will start to corrode.

Sorry Gyp ~ usual b0110x from me...

Try this using your maxidot:

Phone/Settings/Phone Book/First name first/Back/Back

Good luck and please tell me if this works? It does for me.

Sorry Gyp ~ usual b0110x from me...

Try this using your maxidot:

Phone/Settings/Phone Book/First name first/Back/Back

Good luck and please tell me if this works? It does for me.

I'm just about to head off in the Yeti - I'll report back! 

• Like 1

Quick answer is no.

On the maxidot I can select phone but that simply shows me the phone status; there's no settings option.

If I choose the main settings option on the maxidot, there's no sub-menu for the phone

If I choose phone/settings on the Amundsen+ I can fiddle about with bluetooth etc, but there's no way to change the phone book settings :-(

In a strange way I'm delighted. If I could do it that simply but I'd not known about it for 3 years I'd be most grumpy.

OK. Sorry Gyp.

In that case try this on your 'phone.

Settings/Contacts   or Contacts/Settings Then try setting Sort Order and Display Order to First, Last

It might be the 'phone after all...

Brijo

Posted 05 November 2016 - 16:11

I think your choice of vehicle was wrong for you.

Fred

Does sound more like specification mismatch than 'niggle'.  I wonder if Pliny's needs have changed since choosing a SM :wonder:

Fred, I'm impressed by your uncanny ability to diagnose my poor judgement with such conviction. Perhaps you could use this gift to offer me some reassurance as to whether I have chosen the right wife, if i tell you that she doesn't always agree with me and will not go on the back of my motorbike..

And Brijo, I don't think my needs have changed too much. i still like a comfortable bed, decent food, but not too much, the odd glass of beer or wine, good company and a little occasional excitement. As regards SM, I do not recall ever choosing  sadomasochism. On the contrary, i have always steered well clear of it.

But leaving amateur psychology aside, the niggles I listed were simply those i would hope would be addressed in the next generation Yeti - which i might  well purchase. Naturally i would consult you both first.

• Like 4

Driving position, I have a bad back and my left buttock starts ache after about 1.5 hrs at the wheel, unable to get a steering wheel position to see the whole speedo range, the arm rest interference with the use of the handbrake, no central clock, (even my Roomster radio display had a clock!)

And before I get told the seats are the most comfortable seats since seats were invented, I don't have anything in my back pockets and seats seem harder than a hookers heart to me after time at the wheel. 

• Like 1

...And Brijo, I don't think my needs have changed too much. i still like a comfortable bed, decent food, but not too much, the odd glass of beer or wine, good company and a little occasional excitement. As regards SM, I do not recall ever choosing  sadomasochism. On the contrary, i have always steered well clear of it....

A misunderstanding here, perhaps?  To me, a 'niggle' would be an annoying feature only discovered through familiarity, rather than something given in the specification or fairly obvious to inspection before purchase. 

And the Yeti has often been referred to in this forum (and others) as the SM = Snow Monster. 

• Like 3

Brijo

Posted 05 November 2016 - 16:11

Does sound more like specification mismatch than 'niggle'.  I wonder if Pliny's needs have changed since choosing a SM :wonder:

Fred, I'm impressed by your uncanny ability to diagnose my poor judgement with such conviction. Perhaps you could use this gift to offer me some reassurance as to whether I have chosen the right wife, if i tell you that she doesn't always agree with me and will not go on the back of my motorbike..

And Brijo, I don't think my needs have changed too much. i still like a comfortable bed, decent food, but not too much, the odd glass of beer or wine, good company and a little occasional excitement. As regards SM, I do not recall ever choosing  sadomasochism. On the contrary, i have always steered well clear of it.

But leaving amateur psychology aside, the niggles I listed were simply those i would hope would be addressed in the next generation Yeti - which i might  well purchase. Naturally i would consult you both first.

Hi Pliny

I'm afraid that I can't help you with your choice of wife. My only knowledge on this subject is based on my own choice of spouse 

and as we have been married for 50 years this December I must have got that choice right. :dance:  :giggle:

BTW  What's it like living in the Middle of Nowhere?

Fred

• Like 1

Easy answer to the phone trouble, turn it off, and concentrate on driving.

Don't people wear watches for looking at the time. Or buy a battery kitchen clock and hang it off one of the coat hooks.

• Like 3

I'm happy with the heater in my Yeti. I had a vRS Fabia diesel before, and that'd take about half an hour to warm up, and even then it was barely warm.

No, my niggles are with the rattles from behind the glovebox and the centre console area, the heated seats (both have now failed) and the way rainwater runs off of the roof and straight into the window. I'm not sure if those wind deflectors help with this, but it gets annoying when using the car as a wildlife hide, having the rain dripping onto my lens...

Other than those, after covering over 100k miles in my Yeti, I'm as chuffed with it as the day I bought it.

Yes, the wind deflectors seem to stop that.

TBH, there are lots of complaints about no rain gutters, but if you look at nearly all cars now they don't have them, simply because they ruin the aerodynamics, resulting in "poor" fuel economy.

• Like 1