EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

No such thing as Incapacity Benefit that was done away with.  I am retired.  Some paid well into the system, paid plenty taxes.

Now jog on and do your bit, dig for Britain. Shovel the sharn.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

Some people are like ostriches..................

What run at 40 mph?

Some people incorrectly believe that Ostriches bury their heads in sand when in danger.

Seemingly it is a habit of Australians and it is a new job opportunity for those in the South of England so that the French have someplace to park their bikes.

australians-bury-heads-in-sand-to-mock-government-climate-stance.jpg

• Like 1

Brexit: More than 2,300 EU academics resign amid warning over UK university 'Brexodus'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-uk-university-eu-academics-resign-immigration-brexodus-citizens-europe-a8143796.html

They'll lose one more academic later in the year as well. One who runs a few courses that's part of a medics teaching programme and involves a lot of research.

Milan moves to lure London asset managers after Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/61298304-f177-11e7-b220-857e26d1aca4

The major political parties seem to have had more positions than in the Karma Sutra.

I wouldn’t be boasting about 51% in favour as proof that you’re on the right track.

If there is a net reduction in academics in employment then think of the less crowded public transport, parking spaces, bike spaces etc and less paid out in wages.

Is there a net reduction though?

The thing is the UK population is not reducing, and there will be jobs to be filled and public and commercial services required and people to do those jobs.

Maybe more vocational trainers and teachers required, nursery, primary. secondary, further education colleges, and Universities, then that will have more lecturers to educate teachers,

and more people needed to be a different kind or class of academic in research and development.

Maybe younger, less expensive, and more productive for the age we are in.

Maybe less less Political History and such, less religious studies, less journalism and media studies and more computer literate youngsters in programming and the likes because teenagers do seem more at home with modern technology.

Maybe more workers doing jobs that still require tools, spades, and utensils are going to be required.

Let those that have been in a job 50 years retire if they want.

Edited by AwaoffSki

UK companies will face huge new VAT burden after Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/06/vat-upfront-after-brexit-uk-imports

Question. When will one of you Brex****ters actually offer me a damned single positive of leaving?
Answer. Probably never because you can't.

2 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/06/vat-upfront-after-brexit-uk-imports

Question. When will one of you Brex****ters actually offer me a damned single positive of leaving?
Answer. Probably never because you can't.

Easy, just ask Nigel and Boris.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Easy, just ask Nigel and Boris.

I see Nige is claiming poverty. Pretty sure the POS will happily bank a pension cheque with European Union on it though.

1 minute ago, Ryeman said:

What exactly is the ‘slick Willy’ Nigel up to these days?.

Oh he's tried to get a German passport, failing every time to get a seat in Parliament and is about to pop over to Dublin to promote 'Irexit'.
In between trousering some Euros from a lecture he gave to the far right AfD.

I’m wondering if a status quo situation should apply with UK referendums....unless you vote NO.

Surely the result would be better than the oops damn but you said shambles that the UK currently has.

French car company buys a company in the UK owned by an American Corporation, jobs lost.  French Government allows breaches of EU rules on many things.

Not really BREXIT related.

Now if more jobs are created in UK car factories as the UK government are free to ignore EU rules as they leave the EU and put more backing into the Motor Industry with training of younger workers that will be BREXIT related.

The market on Britain’s doorstep will always be the most important ultimately, and their rules will still apply.

Locals should always have advantages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

French car company buys a company in the UK owned by an American Corporation, jobs lost.  French Government allows breaches of EU rules on many things.

Not really BREXIT related.

Now if more jobs are created in UK car factories as the UK government are free to ignore EU rules as they leave the EU and put more backing into the Motor Industry with training of younger workers that will be BREXIT related.

Clearly the downturn in  the UK economy due to the BREXIT vote which affected UK inflation and UK disposal income which has led to the UK car market taking a dive.  Also uncertainty that the UK will get a trade deal with the EU and therefore UK produced cars may have to pay the 10% customs duty on cars sent to the 27 Member States of the EU.  Logical the first of many reductions in car production as demand has weakened so much.

Hopefully JLR will be OK as that part of the market is less affected than the lower part of the price range of the market.   Longer the UK economic uncertainty continues the more damage that will be done to the UK industry.  UK car factories have to make cars EU, Chinese, US rules but they can  of course ignore EU labour laws post BREXIT if the worker will accept that or perhaps take the redundancy and do something else (customs work perhaps, going to be plenty of that work).  

The TPP will be able to lower the labour cost base for manufacturers.......as in lower wages in order to survive and compete surely.

Is that something to look forward to?.

lol-lol, there is not a 'downturn in the UK economy' though is there, 

Many are doing just great with trading as the value of sterling is down.

No hedge Funds are going bust, and the country is a changing place.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-42213933 

Theresa May MP / PM is a problem.

They say the Conservative Chairman has gone because he was in charge of the election that went wrong, and the party conference.

He was the Secretary of State for Transport that was there as VW took the total Pith, and he did nothing before David Cameron 

had him made a Sir.

What the problem is in the UK and Industry is that the Politicians are not Business people, 

too many Bankers, Lawyers, & professional politicians with some that once had a job in Industry & Commerce a few decades ago.

Edited by AwaoffSki

I was gonna post again ,but have to go away my head hurts,just to recap

How in the name of sweet baby Jesus and all that's holy could anybody with a normal brain cell count even begin to think brexit was a good idea ?

How in the name of sweet baby Jesus and all that's holy could anybody with a normal brain cell count even begin to think brexit was a good idea ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

lol-lol, there is not a 'downturn in the UK economy' though is there, 

Many are doing just great with trading as the value of sterling is down.

No hedge Funds are going bust, and the country is a changing place.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-42213933 

Theresa May MP / PM is a problem.

They say the Conservative Chairman has gone because he was in charge of the election that went wrong, and the party conference.

He was the Secretary of State for Transport that was there as VW took the total Pith, and he did nothing before David Cameron 

had him made a Sir.

What the problem is in the UK and Industry is that the Politicians are not Business people, 

too many Bankers, Lawyers, & professional politicians with some that once had a job in Industry & Commerce a few decades ago.

George it may have escaped your notice but law firms are businesses, and much of the activity of law firms relates to business activity and advising businesses. I know most of what I do is very business focused.  Lawyers don't live in some ivory tower dispensing theoretical wisdom, we need to understand the businesses we advise otherwise we can't give them what they need (and demand). 

Edited by domhnall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 181ce said:

I'm a remainer, however, 52% of the country (Voters who turned out) voted to leave. They're not all blithering idiots and it's a bit disingenuous to clump them altogether. We've got what we've got. Let's try to make it as good as it can be.

• Like 3