EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

domhanall,

I know. like Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Lord Charlie Falconer, knows lots though, married well, (never elected by anyone), Antony Charles Linton Blair, Lord Alistair Darling ,etc

(Baron George Robertson )

Some time working before politics, went through the right educations, training, chambers for some, Lawyers / Solicitors even when still in politics, after politics. 

Honest as the day is long, innocent when never found to have done anything wrong.

Plenty have worked at some point, many are still earning well and it is on the Register of Members Interests when the are in either house.

Well most will be.

Many are advisers in so many capacities.   Companies and interest groups certainly do like to employ them.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Mental,the whole thing,just beggars belief.

It's almost as mind bending as Trump,hang on I must be hallucinating it's the only logical explanation someone is obviously putting acid in my Tae.

2 hours ago, 181ce said:

I was gonna post again ,but have to go away my head hurts,just to recap

How in the name of sweet baby Jesus and all that's holy could anybody with a normal brain cell count even begin to think brexit was a good idea ?

Twenty odd years or more of believing  the anti EU drivel that's classed as 'news' in The Scum, Daily Heil, The Daily Excreta and The Torygaff kinda addles the brain of those

who don't want to be properly informed. Then there's the race element. Oh, for sure every kipper and Brex****ter will tell you it wasn't because they don't like 'forriners' and 

then begin sentences with 'I'm not racist but...............' and then say 'I like black people. Everybody should have one'.
Then there were those who 'wanted are cuntry' back. Back from where or whom God only knows.
Still. Blue passports eh.................

26 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Twenty odd years or more of believing  the anti EU drivel that's classed as 'news' in The Scum, Daily Heil, The Daily Excreta and The Torygaff kinda addles the brain of those

who don't want to be properly informed. Then there's the race element. Oh, for sure every kipper and Brex****ter will tell you it wasn't because they don't like 'forriners' and 

then begin sentences with 'I'm not racist but...............' and then say 'I like black people. Everybody should have one'.
Then there were those who 'wanted are cuntry' back. Back from where or whom God only knows.

You really have no idea

• Like 3

1 hour ago, domhnall said:

George it may have escaped your notice but law firms are businesses, and much of the activity of law firms relates to business activity and advising businesses. I know most of what I do is very business focused.  Lawyers don't live in some ivory tower dispensing theoretical wisdom, we need to understand the businesses we advise otherwise we can't give them what they need (and demand). 

You should know by know that George has a very simplistic view of the world where jobs can be created out of thin air and nurses and doctors and God knows what else magically appear from the womb.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

You really have no idea

Really?
I've spent enough time looking into it. Remain Facebook groups and Brexit Facebook groups, different papers (right and left). 
I've spent more hours looking into this than I can even count.  Countless hours of lectures on the subject.
There's some very nasty trolls who are extreme in the Brexit Facebook groups. You should see some of what they post.
Some pics attached of files uploaded to a pro Brexit group.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Lee01, we know and that includes me that jobs can not just be created out of the air.

But the NHS needs to stop paying double and treble to agencies to have staff on shifts, sometimes staff already PAYE Employees doing other Shifts.

Doctors and nurses that leave the UK after training because the NHS is so poorly run.

The Government need to stop buying Rail Contractors out of the Contracts they won and then want out off.

Stop buying land at huge cost for rail improvements and then scrapping schemes but consultants and advisers swan off rather the better off.

Teachers are going to get better Grants to be trained and that is how it should be, as with Nurses, Doctors, and many essential support workers.

Subsidised accommodation and help for getting people trained working and paying taxes, 

and if they want to not be tied into a period of living and working in the UK after this assistance then some form of commitment to pay back to the 

Treasury.

Stop Right to Buy, and those that have Local Authority Properties that they keep as a right in areas where these very valuable properties could sell at market value 

and the money raised build several properties for social housing.

Nothing is radical, it just needs the Government to start considering what the UK needs as the basics, 

An affordable home, utilities, transport to work, education, health care, and some money left after all that is paid for if they are workers and earners.

QA has not put the Billions into the UK economy, much of that money is away offshore.

4 hours ago, 181ce said:

Mental,the whole thing,just beggars belief.

It's almost as mind bending as Trump,hang on I must be hallucinating it's the only logical explanation someone is obviously putting acid in my Tae.

One night too many at The Proms it seems.

On 1/9/2018 at 08:34, AwaoffSki said:

lol-lol, there is not a 'downturn in the UK economy' though is there, 

Many are doing just great with trading as the value of sterling is down.

No hedge Funds are going bust, and the country is a changing place.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-42213933 

Theresa May MP / PM is a problem.

They say the Conservative Chairman has gone because he was in charge of the election that went wrong, and the party conference.

He was the Secretary of State for Transport that was there as VW took the total Pith, and he did nothing before David Cameron 

had him made a Sir.

What the problem is in the UK and Industry is that the Politicians are not Business people, 

too many Bankers, Lawyers, & professional politicians with some that once had a job in Industry & Commerce a few decades ago.

In a couple of years ie just after the BREXIT vote, the UK has gone from the leading G7 country in terms of growth to the bottom.

https://www.ft.com/content/79d4c812-a4ee-11e7-9e4f-7f5e6a7c98a2

Britain sinks to bottom of G7 growth table

It is only disappointing rather than critical so far but the signs are not good with the UK consumer battening down the hatches for tougher times ahead with the squeeze of their spending.   

As I said before and ONS data supports the UK imports more than it exports by quite a few percent and rely on financial service to make up much off the gap.

How high can we let the UK national debt go ie quickly closing in on 2 trillion pounds before concluding that laissez faire is failing and adding another 50B Euros to the debt mountain and getting nothing for it but pain. 

blob.png.1b0298c351c5e7d917def4da567e4156.png

22 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Exactly. Spot on.

Brainwashed + closet racists + rose tinted time machine old fogies = 52% of those that voted

Good news is, they are becoming an extinct breed. Less people read tabloids, more live in multicultural environments and the time machine idiots are the oldest of the lot.

Those that didn't vote, now realise how important it is and are chomping at the bit to get a go at changing things.

The long term future is good.

In fact I am looking forward to being a PROPER member of the EU; not one that drags its heals all the time like we used to. And that is what I think will happen in the long term because we won't be let back in unless we join properly; Euro and all. So the old fogies left alive when that happens will have a right shock!

In the meantime, May and Co. can mess things up so much we get a good long swing to the left (the longer she makes a fool out of the right, the longer the swing), we get nationalised rail and then back into EU within 10 years max.

I will wait it out in Germany I think........... or Belgium..........mmmm beer - those with red passports are welcome to visit.

Looks like problems afoot for hauliers driving into the EU post Brex****.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/legislation/2017-12-11-notice-to-stakeholders-road-transport.pdf

And not just hauliers. Any driver wishing to holiday in EU member countries could be in for problems

Driving licence: According to Article 2 of Directive 2006/126/EC9 driving licences issued by Member States of the Union are mutually recognised. As of the withdrawal date, a driving licence issued by the United Kingdom is no longer recognised by the Member States on the basis of this legislation.

Looks like problem for EU drivers entering the UK with all those Imports that EU members and associate members will want to continue bringing in 

if the UK government acts in the same way.

Time will tell.

I had friends that used to drive HGV's all across Europe then to the USSR, Middle East etc, and their vehicles where registered in the EU and they never crossed the Channel just left in France as they came home to Scotland & hitched a ride North and the loads went onto other trucks & onto Ferries.

A couple of them maybe more worked for White Trux Dover and had some amazing experiences to Egypt and the likes.

The TruckNet UK Drivers RoundTable • View topic - White Trux.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

Bring it on frog face.

And have a proper campaign with zero bull**** from the press. Any falsehoods must be made with a double page spread at the front admitting the falsehood the next day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-nigel-farage-second-referendum-eu-membership-wright-stuff-video-ukip-maybe-leader-a8153106.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/europe

Brexit Architect Farage Sees Case for Second Referendum

Nigel Farage, the former U.K. Independence Party leader and one of the architects of the U.K.’s exit from the European Union, said he now thinks the nation should have a second vote on the issue.  His call was backed by Arron Banks, a key donor of the Leave campaign, and welcomed by politicians on the other end of the Brexit spectrum who are openly trying to reverse the electorate’s decision of June 2016. Farage said he wants to settle the question for a generation and silence the growing voices calling for Brexit to be abandoned.

11 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

And when the vote goes the other way after the protest voters and those affected by their leave vote since the referendum lead to a majority win for remaining, will he agree to shut up? 

I hope not - I want to hear his moans of agony for years

• Like 3

I think Mr Farage is employing a little reverse psychology here. If he thought for a millisecond there was going to be a second referendum. He’d be shouting from the highest point to anyone and everyone that we’ve had the vote and we should stand by the result. If there was a list of people who actually, genuinely wanted a second referendum, there wouldn’t be many below him.:dry:

According to Bloomberg ( or as they put it , according to a person familiar with the situation) Spain and the Netherlands are pushing for a Soft Brexit. £ has strengthened against the US$ and a little bit against the €. 

9 hours ago, trundlenut said:

I go away for 6 months, come back and....

Nothing has changed on here.

Not surprised really.

I think both sides must be amazed that the UK negotiating team has managed to agree for the UK to pay 50B Euros as a divorce payment and seemed to have got nothing on the positive side  !

For me, who has to implement the customs border on March 30th 2019,  I could do with knowing what kind of border ie enforcing customs declarations, collecting just import VAT or collecting both import VAT and a UK customs duty ?  As the Director of the UK Customs implementation, who I met at Westminster last month said,  " Prepare for the worst, hope for the best".