EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

Just want to know if I will be doing my part in processing another quarter of a billion customs entries from March 30th 2019, I might have to re-arrange my holidays. 

Maybe delayed until 1st January 2021?   Need to know. 

Also got to help my colleagues for the same process for British goods arrving in France, Belgium, Holland etc !

So much to do, so little time !

417 Days 15 Hours  39 Mins   36Secs

Edited by lol-lol

So it's been made official that we're also going to be leaving the customs Union. 

That should hurry a few companies to leave the UK. 

As financial passporting is apparently not possible outside the customs Union, what is that going to mean not just for the financial sector but the country as a whole? 

Still no one is any authority is being honest with the public and businesses. And the leave campaigners all seem to be avoiding any responsibility by directing questions to the government when they knew full well it was never going to be as promised. 

• Like 2

?

Is the population of the UK going to be falling, are less people going to want to come and live and work in the UK. 

For any companies leaving the UK will others be coming to the UK after it is no longer a member of the EU. 

Some Re-booting is obviously required, and will be happening.  

17 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

So it's been made official that we're also going to be leaving the customs Union. 

That should hurry a few companies to leave the UK. 

As financial passporting is apparently not possible outside the customs Union, what is that going to mean not just for the financial sector but the country as a whole? 

Still no one is any authority is being honest with the public and businesses. And the leave campaigners all seem to be avoiding any responsibility by directing questions to the government when they knew full well it was never going to be as promised. 

Oh goody goody gum drops. lots of work for me and my industry of internal logistics.

About a 10B bill for export declaration, 5B for export declarations, 10B for imports in to the EU,  12B for exports from EU to UK.

Plus about 20B for companies to get their origin certificates,  legthening of supply chain and other non tariff barriers.

Hey wait a minute, that has eaten up the £10B EU net contributions several times over !!!! 

11 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

?

Is the population of the UK going to be falling, are less people going to want to come and live and work in the UK. 

For any companies leaving the UK will others be coming to the UK after it is no longer a member of the EU.  Some Re-booting is obviously required, and will be happening.  

Rising more slowly as Doctors and Nurse etc from the EU and non-EU decide not to come. 

Problem also is that UK growth is only 60% of that of the EU average now.

Doing trade deals with whom, really?  Do a deal with China and the EU will check any consignments for the UK much more for CN content avoiding anti-dumping.  

Do a deal with the US?  Only if we trade on an even basis which would already mean the UK having to take more US goods.  Put me down for a Bolt and a Corvette.

You and your official figures,  UK Government numbers of nurses and doctors. 

All good stuff. 

But the Borders Agency / HMRC / UK Government have no idea of illegals entering, staying going, in and out of the RoI etc.

Channel Islands & other means of entry. 

The UK Government need to start actually having control of Borders for not only people but goods because there is so much kidology going on.

ID cards, and National Insurance cards carried and produced for using Services & Public Utilities / Transport is what is really needed.

10 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

You and your official figures,  UK Government numbers of nurses and doctors.  All good stuff. 

But the Borders Agency / HMRC / UK Government have no idea of illegals entering, staying going, in and out of the RoI etc.  Channel Islands & other means of entry. 

The UK Government need to start actually having control of Borders for not only people but goods because there is so much kidology going on.

ID cards, and National Insurance cards carried and produced for using Services & Public Utilities / Transport is what is really needed.

Nursing vacancies hit record high as NHS ‘sheds experienced staff’

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-nursing-vacancies-record-high/

The number of vacant nursing posts reached a new high of almost 35,000 last year, with some areas only recruiting one nurse for every 400 jobs advertised. Official figures showed there were almost 88,000 vacancies across the NHS in England in the quarter to September, with 28,242 in September alone.  The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) said the statistics, from NHS Digital, revealed a staffing “crisis” with the new high of 34,260 an increase of 2,600 on the previous quarter.  Desperately short Unison’s head of health, Sara Gorton, said: “These figures run four months behind, so sadly the current winter pressures could push the number of vacancies even higher. It’s clear the Government’s inadequate plans for the NHS this winter didn’t include having enough staff in post to run the service. “These shocking vacancy rates show that health workers are being pushed to their limits.” Last October, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt announced a 25 per cent increase in nurse training places to boost numbers of home-grown NHS staff as Britain leaves the EU. The additional 5,000 places will bring the number of undergraduate study opportunities to 25,850 in 2018/19, around 15,000 up from 2015. However, figures published in December showed the number of students accepted on to nursing courses in higher education had fallen. Some 28,620 students will take up places this year – a 0.9 per cent decrease on last year according to the university admissions service (Ucas). The RCN said the drop was mainly due to Mr Hunt’s decision to remove bursaries for student nurses.

Went to a UK Border Force a few months ago as one of my ex-colleaugues was retiring.  It was like a wake as moral was so bad.   
We get some idea of actual immigration by number of NI registrations and the UKBA need more staff to do the raids on restaurants, hotels etc but Cons keep cutting the staff numbers.  It is almost as if they do not want to catch the cheap illegal immigrants for some reason, hmmm.   

Edited by lol-lol
  • Thanks 1

Theresa is going to be encouraging in those from The Commonwealth,   

anyone from any place other than the nearest neighbours is welcome, and the better off you are the better, and if that is from Russia, then come on in..  

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Theresa is going to be encouraging in those from The Commonwealth,   

anyone from any place other than the nearest neighbours is welcome, and the better off you are the better, and if that is from Russia, then come on in..  

There was something the other day about the Ruskies having to explain to the SOCO/ SFO about how their wealth came about.
That might be off-putting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42926819

IIRC the Commonwealth countries are already flipping the UK the bird and looking to deal with the EU more. I think India even wanted free movement. Might be wrong though.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/10/australia-ready-to-do-post-brexit-trade-deal-but-eu-comes-first

It was quite funny hearing the Ex Senior Police officer saying ' The majority do not have £50,000',   

What planet did he Police, London?

So they say McMafia has brought to peoples attention that there are those with lifestyles and no visible means of support. 

Well London is the UK centre of financial services and the UK Government are not that hot on Money Laundering.

George Osborne, Alistair Darling and others are employed by financial companies that will know about that.

Philip Hammond will know a bit about those that front money for others. 

Theresa May could ask her husband.   Jeremy Hunt will know some as well.

There is now more investigations in to Organised Criminals from Albania supplying workers to contracts in the UK, 

and false documents, safety certificates and the likes, 

one job being the new Aberdeen Conference centre.  

Albanian nationals held in illegal worker investigation at AECC - Scottish Construction Now!.mhtml

London home to 'more multi-millionaires than any other city' - The i newspaper online iNews.mhtml

London ‘has 20,000 millionaires aged under 35’ _ London Evening Standard.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

Do I sense someone would rather discuss something off topic because they realise Brex****'s not going to plan and won't get the Brex**** they voted for?

I think you'll find it was the remainer Lol-Lol that took the thread off on a tangent...

Just now, skomaz said:

I think you'll find it was the remainer Lol-Lol that took the thread off on a tangent...

I didn't mean either of you two. I was more thinking of Sad555 

You said "Anyway - back to Brexit now???"
He replied "No .this is  much more interesting."

3 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Ah - got you!  Cheers  :biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I think it was sad555 but I am happy to be associated with that.  Brexit is fascinating and is likely to cost mr and Mrs average thousands over the next few years by there should be thousands of extra jobs in the civil service and international logistics as the silver lining to the cloud !

Edited by lol-lol

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/feb/05/brexit-may-accused-of-ideologically-driven-madness-after-she-rules-out-any-customs-union-politics-live

UK faces 'unavoidable' barriers to trade outside customs union, says EU's chief Brexit negotiator - Politics live

Afternoon summary

• Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, has said barriers to trade will be “unavoidable” if the UK leaves the customs union. (See 4.21pm.)
  • Opposition MPs have accused the government of putting economic prosperity and the Northern Ireland peace process at risk by ruling out any form of customs union membership after Brexit. (See 9.16am.)

I imagine the Arts and Crafts era is on track for a second run.

Trump was jealous and is attempting a copy ‘in our time’.

Becoming an irrelevance is always a possible outcome too.

3 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I imagine the Arts and Crafts era is on track for a second run.  Trump was jealous and is attempting a copy ‘in our time’.  Becoming an irrelevance is always a possible outcome too.

I think Trump will have his plate full tonight/tomorrow.......

Ozzy markets down half this already and UK FTSE 100 looks likely to fall to drop to 7k at this rate where it was 7700 a few days ago.

===========================================================================================================

Here are the biggest one-day point drops in the Dow's history

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2018/02/05/here-are-the-biggest-one-day-point-drops-in-the-dows-history/23353620/

• Stocks tumbled on Monday.
  • The Dow fell 1,175.21 points, the largest one-day point drop in history.
  • Previous large one-day drops include several days during the financial crisis, and the first trading day after the September 11, 2001 terror attacks.

The stock market took a tumble Monday afternoon, with the Dow Jones industrial average briefly dropping over 1,500 points.

The Dow closed down 1,175.21 points, the biggest single-day point drop in the index's history.

The previous holder of that dubious honor was September 29, 2008, when the Dow dropped 777.68 points after the first version of the TARP bailout program failed in Congress. The 2008 financial crisis also featured three of the other five biggest drops prior to Monday's trading. The fourth biggest drop came on September 17, 2001, the first day of trading after the 9/11 terror attacks. 

On 05/02/2018 at 13:46, AwaoffSki said:

You and your official figures,  UK Government numbers of nurses and doctors. 

All good stuff. 

But the Borders Agency / HMRC / UK Government have no idea of illegals entering, staying going, in and out of the RoI etc.

Channel Islands & other means of entry. 

they could of course have done that already but chose not to. Much better to crash the economy and then the rich and powerful can hoover up lots of stuff at fire sale prices. Disaster Capitalism is what it's all about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes.

The economy crashed 2008.  & the banks were too big to fail, and plenty profited,  they will be some of the 80 MP's in the European Research Group now lead by Jacob Rees-Mogg MP. 

Then there is Carillion.  they crashed,  BlackRock has done OK out of that, and so is George Osbourne. 

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39213346 

So the Labour Party or the Conservative and Unionist actually decide not to crash the UK economy but were OK with it happening, there are always winners if there are losers, and if they are political party sponsors & employers and future employers profiting greatly then that must be considered job done.

& since it just happens who actually suffers financially other than plebs?

Pension Funds, so Workers / Savers / Investors, they are of all incomes.

Northern Rock Investors, maybe some with plenty money, and some with everything invested there.

Edited by AwaoffSki

13 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yes.

The economy crashed 2008.  & the banks were too big to fail, and plenty profited,  they will be some of the 80 MP's in the European Research Group now lead by Jacob Rees-Mogg MP. 

Then there is Carillion.  they crashed,  BlackRock has done OK out of that, and so is George Osbourne. 

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39213346 

So the Labour Party or the Conservative and Unionist actually decide not to crash the UK economy but were OK with it happening, there are always winners if there are losers, and if they are political party sponsors & employers and future employers profiting greatly then that must be considered job done.

& since it just happens who actually suffers financially other than plebs?

Pension Funds, so Workers / Savers / Investors, they are of all incomes.

Northern Rock Investors, maybe some with plenty money, and some with everything invested there.

don't forget Capita and Interserve also likely to go the way of carillion

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, domhnall said:

don't forget Capita and Interserve also likely to go the way of carillion

Wouldn't be a great loss TBH - some outfits can get too big and wield too much power in the markets.  One things for certain though - if they do fall over it'll cost the taxpayer as, in my experience, in-house for some of these services can be more expensive and less efficient than outsourcing, as shareholders etc. will always drive for efficiency (even if that means screwing staff!)...

We could have absolutely no way of stopping the USA interest groups from making hay with our NHS, we have no way to stop them if we don't stop them now. Brex**** will force us into ever more corners and have to accept any rotten deal offered to us. Every country will know how desperate we are. So we loose the NHS to the yanks if we keep this up!

nhs-privatisation.gif

• Like 1